• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Projects:Stuff
  •  Otacon

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:44 AM

I don't know why I'm here.
I don't know why I'm typing this.
I don't know why.
Years ago my cousin introduced me to Battle for Middle-earth. I was only in middle school. About maybe a year or two later I joined this group. Didn't do much; put my tidbits here and there. It's at this moment I realize that this is something I'll never forget. Why? Because I'm too damn sentimental. But let's all face it, life has hit us all. I'm pretty sure that most everybody who is and was a part of this group is older than me and off doing something with their lives. Hell, somebody might've died or gotten a drug addiction or went canoeing in Indonesia. I digress. In any case, this goes out to any of you fellow {IP} members who still look into the old man known as this clan. Personally I hardly know any of you. I have some of you on Xfire (doesn't do crap if you don't go online). We all saw this coming. The shut down of the servers was the coup de grace to pretty much everything we've known and loved about the one thing that we all shared for certain. Regardless of what the rules are, I'm almost certain that this is indeed the "end of our fellowship." No but in truth, I will miss all of you, even those I never got to meet. It's saddenning.
Even after all this typing, I still don't know why I continue this. Maybe you'll all just come back and laugh at my silly post. Just throwing this out there in that case, I guess. ;)

I'm going to miss a lot of things. But from what you leave behind you must also look at what is laid out in front of you.
So now I ask, "what's next?" :thumbsupsmiley:
Reaching up for no man's land, take a breath and take a chance, walk a thousand miles to change the world.

"Life would be so sad, if it weren't so funny."

#2 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  • Projects:Revora, {IP}
  •  Varied
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:PR Admin

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:36 PM

What's next is the rest of our lives. IP was great, but we all knew that it must end at some time. Who knows maybe we'll get interested in another game, then again most likely not. Regardless we as a clan have made great maps mentioned among BFMErs. If I have one regret it was me being unable to recruit Steve Campen(HighElvenLord) to our Clan.

Always,
TBG
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#3 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

The only was one can understand me is by being me.

• Project Team
  • 644 posts
  • Projects:Mapping for RJ_RotWK
  •  freelance mapper/3d modeler in training

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:51 PM

Shit don't tell me we're done I just came back:(
Sig by Serated
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image CLICK THE DRAGONS Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#4 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  •  Varied

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:04 PM

I'm still hanging around big guy.
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#5 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:14 AM

Oh Link... we've known each-other for about 6 years along with Puppet, Ron, Tab, Ren, Jim-Jim, Guest and the rest that we've known for some time... there ain't no 'hardly knowing' around here. We had a good time with BFME, but games don't last forever. Sorry I haven't been around, but I tried everything I could with the time and resources I had to get IP going again. If you're gone, you're gone doing something productive. We aren't ashamed of that. Just hope you learned some good things, Skippy. Won't forget you.

So yeah... what's next? Are we done? That isn't up to me; if we manage to find a game (or anything else) we can find something we mutually enjoy partaking in, then I can get us back in business. Looks like Jim-Jim and Guesty-Poo are still around and that gets me all gitty, so lets do something. What's going on gaming wise that we could map for? Or something we can actually make money for? I just got back from hoopy-doopy life with the Sky-Hawk Indians, so I also return with time and freaky-awesome knowledge. Let's do something; I'm psyched. Yayz.

#6 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  •  Varied

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:32 PM

Exactly pas! I'm all for us doing something heck even if it's just playing a game ever now and then with each other, But heck if we can get back to our hobby of being creators, jeeze who knows what we could accomplish.

Always your humble student oh great Pasidon, :p
TBG
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#7 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:57 AM

Nothing like some good old fashion confidence to start something horribly awesome... always a crowd pleaser, Guesty.

There has been one recent idea, fortunately. I've been thinking that if we get Revora equipped with a team of people interested in Minecraft, we can make Revora one of the first investors in Minecraft's popularity. The game is still on its beta but already with 3,000,000 copies sold. There's nothing denying the game's immortality, so investing in this would also grant IP and Revora some of that immortality. Like sucking the blood from a dire unicorn, or something clever along those lines.

IP's first mistake was investing in a game that had limited popularity, so as long as we invest in something with a guaranteed long-lasting business, we won't crash again... though again I'm not only on about gaming. Before I go off and say that's a great idea, I need to know what you're up for Guesty... or anyone else who feels the need to chatter.

Edited by {IP}Pasidon, 10 August 2011 - 08:58 AM.

#8 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  •  Varied

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:41 PM

Right minecraft seems pretty awesome to mod. Would Revora be hosting our modded servers? Also on top of that how easy is minecraft to mod in the beta stages its in right now? I've been playing the minecraft free for a little while, but I have no idea how much more advanced the beta is than the free version. Finally how big is the modding interest into it as a whole? Would it be just us or would we be able to recruit many new IP'ers?
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#9 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:24 AM

No, we won't be able to run Minecraft on our server as that takes way too much resources. However, what we can give you is free webspace for a website, webspace for possible hosted sites and subforums without end (well, more or less). Condition would be that this happens within the framework of Revora - so it would be less IP and more of a new Revora Minecraft Division.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#10 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:14 AM

IP's first mistake was investing in a game that had limited popularity, so as long as we invest in something with a guaranteed long-lasting business, we won't crash again...

What? IP's failure was its inability to progress and draw in a continuous stream of support and member. No game will have permanent popularity, not least permanent modding-popularity. The longevity of the games wasn't the problem. We started with BFME, and expanded to the rest of the franchise, which lasted for years. We then had a go at moving to CnC3, but there was no support from existing members to make it feasible. With the elders leaving, for lack of interest and for new priorities, IP could not band together to come up with a game that many would be involved with. Dawn of Fantasy was a castle in the air, and one which still has yet to descend from the virtual to the mortal plane. IP had no goals, which was fine as long as it continuously updated its franchise and member base. It didn't. IP simply deferred its fundamental aspect of renewal.

#11 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

The only was one can understand me is by being me.

• Project Team
  • 644 posts
  • Projects:Mapping for RJ_RotWK
  •  freelance mapper/3d modeler in training

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:29 PM

I'm getting the game again and I plan on doing PLENTY of maps. I'm ushering in a shit load of my friends so we can start playing again, granted it will be on mostly mods.
Sig by Serated
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image CLICK THE DRAGONS Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#12 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:31 AM

BFME, Jim-Jim? By all means, keep mapping and modding. IP probably won't focus on the game anymore, but we can certainly spread popularity by marking our member's maps and mods while having a place for IP game development in general that you can update us at.

And back on Minecraft, like Sithy said... we can get Minecraft into our homebase, Revora, for convenience's sake, but IP wouldn't directly run the business. It would be like how we did BFME... we have a place to discuss our efforts and we provide a professional team of modders to the Minecraft'ing community. And the fact you play Minecraft Guesty is just awesome. Get your hands on the full version of the beta before November so you can get that discount. And modding Minecraft isn't a cake oven... it does take some math and basic modding knowledge to do well. But on mapping Minecraft... that's a different story. Minecraft currently supports texture changes and editing textures is super simple but can get super complex. May I direct you to the Minecraft Wiki's page of the many examples of texture packs: http://www.minecraft...i/Texture_Packs

If we can master modding and 'mapping' for this game before November, we can get a grip of the influx of people who will be buying the game.

Edited by {IP}Pasidon, 12 August 2011 - 02:31 AM.

#13 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:01 AM

If you guys have any stomach left for the BFME series, TPW could still use a few talented hands for creating maps. And the project is promising enough to get you noticed by many people for your work.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#14 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:16 AM

There you have it, Jim-Jim.

#15 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  •  Varied

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:59 PM

Yeah I'm definitely going to buy the full version if you're up for seriously getting into modding minecraft.
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#16 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:22 PM

Neat. Take a look at the official Minecraft Wiki page here to see how modding is being done at the moment. When mod support comes out, it may change though.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Mods

#17 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  •  Varied

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:20 AM

Pas....we could do some crazy legit things if we figuire this system out :xcahik_: Let's do it!
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#18 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:21 AM

Oh, I know. Minecraft is just so moddible, we can practically do anything with enough modding ability. I've been wondering if a side-scrolling Minecraft game could be done, and I know I could get that really popular as a viable Minecraft minigame type mod. I just got to figure out modding the controls and camera. Just think... randomly generated Super Mario-type maps done in the style of Minecraft.

#19 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  •  Varied

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:39 PM

Yes! I've been screwing around all day on the full version building a mine cart and pushing it around and such. I have to admit I'm quite impressed. Perhaps we should start with a smaller simpler project though?
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#20 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:17 PM

Oh yes, much simpler. I want to know that we can both edit textures as a first step. At the moment I was working on setting up a modded server, so I can figure out the texture modding shortly. It sounds like you're just starting to understand the enjoyment from the game, so just figure out as much basics of Minecraft as you can before any modding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users