Daeda

Piñata

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:CNC3.net News & Freedom Studios admin
  •  This text is actually purple

Posted 20 May 2004 - 07:19 AM

Thanx :p
1 to 2 days left (dunno when it stops tomorow)

#82 Deathblow Luc

Deathblow Luc

Unique

• Undead
  • 3,768 posts
  • Division:Ex - Network Leader

Posted 22 May 2004 - 02:55 PM

Okay, entries cl0s0red. Veredict will be given in the next couple of days.

Mine is already written. Also, judges, heres ZombyDragons entry.

Margret Thatcher - Fenring's the one for me

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#83 Daeda

Daeda

Piñata

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 07:19 PM

The competition begins. Submit your work until May 22nd, day in which the second tournament will start.

Dunno what your watch is saying but mines says May 24th :)
Well i wont join anyway but still..

Btw is the judgement comming along a bit.. i wanna know my score ;)

#84 Deathblow Luc

Deathblow Luc

Unique

• Undead
  • 3,768 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 09:59 PM

I have mine, DE is working on his, im emailing Xaran gifs since he cant view SHPs, and Alu hasnt yet replied.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#85 Dethro

Dethro

The Shadow In Your Soul.

• Hosted
  • 699 posts
  • Projects:Tiberian Dusk: Evolution, RA2: Retaliation, YR: Shock Treatment

Posted 27 May 2004 - 12:34 AM

Sent mine to you.
Dethro - Time for the Electric Chair! (And I am as hollow as ever)
Posted Image

#86 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 27 May 2004 - 12:41 AM

Dam I missed it, oh well still got next month...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#87 Deathblow Luc

Deathblow Luc

Unique

• Undead
  • 3,768 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 03:34 AM

Okay, updating: DE and me have our veredicts done. Im waiting for Xaran´s, but since he was having a comp problem i dont know ifhell be able to do it by tomorrow (i still gotta send him some gifs, as he cant view SHPs). I will ask someone else, -i.e Xgamer or Clazzy- just for this one if he still cant do it in some days, just so we can keep continuity for this)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#88 Deathblow Luc

Deathblow Luc

Unique

• Undead
  • 3,768 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 12:14 AM

RESULTS:

Daedalus´ Power Plant

Posted Image

ArgCmdr´s:

A) Angle is perfect, parts fit correctly, and it does look like what its meant to be

25/30

B) Scheming is clearly different from the game´s factions, hence, as it looks good, award for originality (Min 5%). Colors fit pretty well and look very tidy.

14/15

C) No shadows. Snow frames are potable, although on the damaged versions the snow jumps a bit. Damaged versions dont look the best on some parts (leftest tower and roof, i.e).

9/20

D) Lighting is okay, foundation is correct, and so is positioning. No animations were present. Remaps are also correct.

15/20

E) Buildup is correct, although speed doesnt change like it does on Westwood´s (remember the buildup speed accelerates to the end). Also, the interior of the building while being built could have been more detailed instead of just black. No shadow on buildup

8/15

Total: 71/100

Final Comment: To be your first work, i say its f*#@%!ng great! Because the building is so simple, a buildup isnt really hard, although it was done correctly (among best ive seen for first tries). Keep it up, with some more training youll possibly make greater stuff.

Dark Elf´s:

Daedalus' Civilian Power Plant

A) 27/30%. The building itself looks excellent. The main sticking point was the fact that it didn't have any shadows, which detracts from the overall effect.
B) 12/15%. Considering that it is a civilian building, there is not much that could not be done with schemes, but this building, I feel, would fit in well with any side as well as it fits into the civilian side.
C) 12/20%. The temperate damaged frames look perfect, but with the snow damaged frames, there are places where the snow just doesn't fit with the damage itself. As well, of course, there isn't any shadow frames to judge.
D) 17/20%. Although it appears that the four towers don't cast any shadows on the main building, and there are no animations for it, it still deserves a high mark, since it has been built very well.
E) 12/15%. The buildup, while very smooth, would have been better if it had been modelled off of the normal type of buildups. They normally speed up at the start and slow down to the end, and usually raise in segments, not all at once. However, it was still very well made.

Overall Mark: 80%. Great work, but just a few points to work on. Don't be discouraged though!

Clazzy´s:

Civilian Power Plant (Daedalus)

Smoothness & Modelling: 26/30
Scheming: 12/15
Accesories: 9/20
Technical Competence : 12/20
Buildup: 13/15
Total: 72%

Comments: Another nice building. This was severely let down by lack of shadows, otherwise it would have been good.

Total : 74,3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MadHQ´s Power Plant

Posted Image

ArgCmdr´s:

MadHQs Power Plant

A) Angle is correct, parts are a little odd, mainly because of the size, and it doesnt look like a power plant but a single reactor, so im not counting this last thing.

20/30

B) It can be named to have an allied scheme, although it doesnt pass the grey scale. The details arent properly shaded.

5/15

C) Misplaced shadows. Snow frames need work, because the snow parts that hang are too thick, and look cut ingame. Damaged version is alright, even better shaded than normal, but then the snow version still needs work.

6/20

D) Lighting is unapplied sometimes; the yellow and black part has the same shade everywhere. Foundation is correct -4x3-, although in game scale it looks quite big. Position is also fine. No animations were present. Remaps are also correct.

6/20

E) No Buildup.

0/15

Total: 37/100

Final Note: The thing that drew this away was size. Im guessing this was done in 3D, and the script wasnt applied, because theres no way shadows can be misplaced. I suggest you try get the camera further if you look for detail, because it does get pixelated this way. Keep practising! :lol:

Dark Elf´s:

MadHQ's Power Plant

A) 15/30%. The building doesn't look that bad, but it does not fit into the normal RA2 look. It has been modelled good, but it's shading is just enough out to make it look wrong.
B) 10/15%. High marks in this, if just because it is an original scheme. It has no resemblance to any side that I can see, so it deserves the originality score.
C) 8/20%. The lack of snow frames is a major loss, as is the fact that the shadows have been improperly done, to the point where the shadows actually overlap the building in-game. The damaged frame is not bad, but it does not look like an actual building when it is damaged.
D) 8/20%. Sorry, but not having a base so you can see where the building touches the ground is a major sticking point. The lighting did give it some points, but it needs to have a base, IMHO.
E) 10/15%. The buildup was pretty good, having it building in stages, but again, not having a base there made it not look so good. As well, not having shadows again pushed the points down a bit.

Overall Mark: 51%. The concept itself was good, but when seeing the finished product, there are a few things that would need to be changed before my mark would significantly change.

Clazzy´s:
Power Plant (MadHQ)

Smoothness & Modelling: 2/30
Scheming: 3/15
Accesories: 1/20
Technical Competence : 0/20
Buildup: 2/15
Total: 8%

Comments: Oh God, what happened here? I'm guessing that it was made in 3DS Max but it looks hand drawn!

Total: 32/100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windsk

Machine Shop

Posted Image

ArgCmdr´s:

A) Angle is correct, parts fit quite good, but it doesnt really look like a machine shop (not that the RA2 one does either), but it looks more like a Radar Outpost.

23/30

B) Civ scheme. Excellent detail. A little messy on some parts may seem.

12/15

C) Perfect shadows. Snow frames are excellent, the only drawback i see is that on damaged frames, the building isnt damaged enough.

17/20

D) Lighting is perfect for the most part although it lacks some inner shadows. Foundation is correct -3x3-. Position is also fine. Animations are excellent, although one is DoubleThick. Remaps are also correct.

16/20

E) Theres some details in some frames that appear and dissapear, the base and borders mainly. The appearance of some parts is too abrupt. Shadows are also a little abrupt, but since the height of the building is scarse, there isnt a real problem. Some details, however look excellent (like the little crane piece part)

10/15

Total: 78/100

Final Comment: The buildup would need some more work IMO, the base looks rubbleish somewhat. Other than that, its a great piece of artwork, deservative to be in any decent mod :D

Dark Elf´s:

Windsk's New Civilian Machine Shop

A) 25/30%. This seems to be a bit cluttered for my tastes, but it all seems to fit pretty well.
B) 10/15%. Trying to invent a style for a tech building is never easy, but this one seems to have done it well enough.
C) 15/20%. The damaged frames seems to be a bit off, for example where parts of it move when it is damaged (where they shouldn't be moving) and where parts don't move, when they should. The snow frames all seem to be good, but the shadows aren't that good.
D) 16/20%. Since it is so cluttered, a lot of the parts don't cast shadows on each other like they should, but it is not very noticable. The primary animation looks excellent however.
E) 10/15%. The buildup for this is good, but the base that it starts from doesn't look very good at all. It is a bit jumpy, but not as much as you would expect.

Overall Mark: 76%. A good job, but quite a few things to be changed.

Clazzy´s:

New Machine Shop (Windsk)

Smoothness & Modelling: 19/30
Scheming: 7/15
Accesories: 17/20
Technical Competence : 16/20
Buildup: 9/15
Total: 68%

Comments: A good building, but too packed full of objects. The pieces didn't fit very well together and the buildup was a bit jerky. I loved the animation on the solar panel things, though.

Total: 74

Master Barracks

Posted Image

ArgCmdr´s:

A) Angle is correct, parts fit but not very well (actually the allied battle lab part looks unshaded on ground), and it does look like barracks (the brain thingy is great detail).

21/30

B) Scheme is unclear, as the parts included are too mixed to determine one

7/15

C) Perfect shadows and Snow frames. Damaged frames could use more damage.

18/20

D) Lighting is perfect for the most part although it lacks some inner shadows. Foundation is correct -3x2-. Position is also fine. Animations are excellent, even if the lights are double thick, thyre too small to cause problems. Remaps are also correct.

16/20

E) Buildup is smooth, and appears by areas; it does lack certai inner shadows, and some parts can ocasionally look chopped over a background, yet, its quite good.

11/15

Total: 73/100

Final Comment: This fits perfectly for civilian barracks, if it didnt have the time machine dome. Its another great piece of work, but the scheme throws it down a bit, since to be one thing it uses opposite parts.

Dark Elf´s:

Windsk's New Civilian Barracks

A) 25/30%. The image looks very good, in fact the image looks great, and everything seems to fit together very well.
B) 14/15%. Surprisingly, this mix of Allied, Soviet, Yuri, and Civilian buildings work very well together.
C) 17/20%. The snow frames look just as good as the general frames, and the damaged frames look good as well, although having the hoses where they are in the damaged frame doesn't look all that good. The shadow for this one is almost spot-on.
D) 17/20%. Although the building in front doesn't cast a shadow on the building behind, it still is very good. It has been put together very well, so well in fact that I cannot tell what the foundation of it was. The animations themselves are very good, although I thought that having the Soviet flag waving in the background kind of detracts from its usefulness as a barracks for any side.
E) 12/15%. Overall, the buildup was smooth, although more frames would have looked even better. The shadows on this, while fairly accurate, don't actually keep up to the building itself.

Overall Mark: 85%. This was a unique idea, which turned out very well, apart from some minor details.

Clazzy´s:

Master Barracks (Windsk)

Smoothness & Modelling: 11/30
Scheming: 4/15
Accesories: 18/20
Buildup: 12/15
Total: 61%

Comments: This building does not fit in too well with the Allied scheme. The buildup was good and I liked the animations, though.

Total: 73

War Service Depot

Posted Image

ArgCmdr´s:

A) Angle is correct, parts fit quite well, and looks like a service depot

28/30

B) Scheme is allied, quite easy to notice

14/15

C) Perfect shadows. Snow frames arent as snowy, but still look nicely blended. Damaged frames could use more damage.

18/20

D) Lighting is perfect for the most part although it still lacks some inner shadows, even if not many of them. Foundation is correct -4x2-, but service depots functionality is buggy this way, since calculation for where vehicle stops to repair on the bib isnt proper. Position is also fine. Animations are excellent. Remaps are also correct.

17/20

E) Two only things i noticed: Traffic Light´s base grew from nothing, and theres an inner shadow (applied onto the remapped back) that appears unnecessarily abruptly. After that, its possibly one of the best buildups ive seen lastly.

13/15

Total: 90/100

Final Comment: This is probably the best depot ive seen. The position thing is a pain, although with time it can be corrected easily. Even further, in order to show how good this one is, ill use it on one of my projects instead of one i made, as its way smoother. An Awesome Job (In capitals).

Dark Elf´s:

Windsk's New Civilian Service Depot

A) 30/30%. Excellent work! This looks excellent! Not much else I can say about it, really.
B) 15/15%. Unlikely as it seems, this all fits together perfectly, and looks just right for a Tech building.
C) 18/20%. The arctic frames look good, nothing seems to be out of place there, the damage on the building suits it, and the shadow in each file looks great. The only thing that I find wrong is the fact that the base part of the building doesn't have a shadow.
D) 16/20%. The only real flaw I can find in this is that some of the parts don't cast shadows on the other parts when they should, especially the crane. The animations all look great though.
E) 14/15%. Although the shadow in the buildup doesn't follow the building properly, everything else blends smoothly, especially the crane coming through the building.

Overall Mark: 93%. Almost perfect, but a few parts need to be adjusted.

Clazzy´s:

War Service Depot (Windsk)

Smoothness & Modelling: 12/30
Scheming: 4/15
Accesories: 16/20
Technical Competence : 15/20
Buildup: 12/15
Total: 59%

Comments: While relatively good, the building didn't seem to fit properly into any style and seemed to be a mish-mash of other buildings.

Total: 80,6

Allied Ultra Power Plant

Posted Image

A) Correct angle, some odd parts (below prism i.e).

19/30

B) Base of reactor is kinda overused, a part of the window is remappable, the brick tow in the middle could have used some recolor.

7/15

C) Snow is fine, so is damage, shadows could have been better (bottomright area is wrongly casted), and areas in those frames are jumpy

13/20.

D) Foundation, position, remaps and animation are well. A second animation could have been made, though, with the reactors

16/20

E) It is pretty fine, although a couple of parts appear abruptly (Prism thing specially)

10/15

Total: 65/100

Final Comment: It looks great to use as a tech counter of the nuclear reactor, but i have the feeling that some of the parts could have been used better.

Dark Elf´s:

Windsk's Allied Ultra Power Plant

A) 20/30%. The building itself looks pretty good, however a few of the pieces don't fit very well.
B) 9/15%. Normally having Soviet bricks on an Allied building wouldn't look right, but this one looks good. If the base of the building were changed, it would look better.
C) 15/20%. The Snow frames look good, although the fact that some of the frames differ from their temperate counterparts detracts from it a bit and makes it harder to make a comparison. The shadows were not a high point, since they were pretty much just copies of the base building. The damaged frames were done excellently.
D) 16/20%. The animation for this building was good and fitting, and the foundation did suit it well. The lighting was a bit off, with some buildings not casting shadows, but that was only a minor point.
E) 11/15%. The main problems with the buildup was the fact that parts of it seemed to jump out of the ground, instead of building like they normally do, and the fact that the shadows did not fit the buildup. Apart from that, it was good.

Overall Mark: 71%. A good model, but some things need fixing up.

Clazzy´s:

Ultra Power Plant (Windsk)

Smoothness & Modelling: 16/30
Scheming: 8/15
Accesories: 11/20
Buildup: 2/15
Total: 53%

Comments: Well, the buildup is terrible. Parts seem to magically appear from nowhere and there are no shadows. Not much effort was made to hide the Soviet-looking areas of it, and the snow seemed overdone.

Total: 63

New Allied Service Depot

Posted Image

ArgCmdr´s:

A) Nicely linked. The base looks good, although it has a shadow line more on one of its rails.

25/30

B) The scheme looks GDI/Alliedish. They mix pretty good, but im not so sure about the way the GDI war factory piece is cut.

11/15

C) On each of these, there could have been more snow, damage or better shadows, until most of the snow and damaged work is good.

9/20

D) Innovative animation for a repair arm. Foundation, remaps and positioning quite impressive. Shadows for the arm anim arent correct, though

15/20

E) Pretty well done, but: Shadows are a tad off, 10 frames are too little for a buildup (game good looking structures have 16, thats usually so all structures have the same buildspeed)

9/15

Total: 69/100

Final Comment: I really liked the innovative anim, but it threw it down the fact that shadow was static. A great piece of artwork, still.

Dark Elf´s:

Windsk's New Allied Service Depot

A) 26/30%. The building itself looks very well-polished.
B) 13/15%. The mix of GDI and Allied buildings resulted in a building that would fit in well with either side.
C) 14/20%. The snow was masterfully done, and the small amount of damage looked good. There could have been more damaged parts, and the shadow was off in some images.
D) 19/20%. High marks here, the foundation was quite good. The animations were well-done as well.
E) 12/15%. This was very smooth, and apart from the shadow, I see little wrong with this.

Overall Mark: 84%. Quite a good building, with some exceptions.

Clazzy´s:

New Service Depot (Windsk)

Smoothness & Modelling: 28/30
Scheming: 13/15
Accesories: 14/20
Technical Competence : 18/20
Buildup: 14/15
Total: 87%

Comments: Absolutely brilliant building, good combination of Allied and GDI style. The only things that let it down we its lack of dynamic shadows and the crane, I feel that it didn't fit perfectly on the top. Otherwise, a great entry.

Total: 80

New Soviet Barracks

Posted Image

ArgCmdr´s:

A) Looks quite good, although the guy is a bit too back. Also, the shadow made for that looks mirrored (was i the only one to notice that it looks like a stripper rather than a soldier?)

22/30

B) The theme is mixed between soviets and a goldish new one. I dont exactly like it a lot, but it blends.

11/15

C) 15/20%. Snow, damage (this one rocks) and shadows look good, but this last one, as said, looks mirrored

16/20

D) Foundation, tc, are fine because its based off something already existant. Active animations was smoothly made.

14/20

E) The middle frames jump a tad, and the base darkens in the end

11/15

Total: 74/100

Final Comment: Great idea to make something out of the soviet barracks, althoughi dont know what a paladin could mean in one. Still, an overall quality work.

Dark Elf´s:

Windsk's New Soviet Barracks

A) 25/30%. The building looks quite good, although the paladin is a bit off-center, I think.
B) 13/15%. This has an original theme, and I think that it works quite well, gold on gold.
C) 15/20%. The snow frames were very well done, as were the damaged frames. The shadow looked very accurate.
D) 16/20%. It is not hard to see what the building is based off of, but it does look good, as do the active animations it has.
E) 10/15%. The buildup was a bit jumpy, and the fact that the base changes quite a bit near the end detracts from it.

Overall Mark: 79%. While it was an interesting idea to change Stalin to a different image, too many things were off.

Clazzy´s:

Diablo Barracks (Windsk)

Smoothness & Modelling: 21/30
Scheming: 9/15
Accesories: 17/20
Technical Competence : 12/20
Buildup: 3/15
Total: 62%

Comments: The buildup starts off well then ends badly. This was the biggest fault and dropped the building a lot of marks.

Total: 71,6

New Allied Tech Center

Posted Image

ArgCmdr´s

A) Parts feel kinda odd, like if they were stuck together

11/30

B) Its allied scheme, so...

11/15

C) Shadows, Snow and Damage need a fix. Snow is only ini two places (and looks the same) but on top theres none, which is where there should be most. Shadow is off on the top area. It doesnt look damaged enough, nor shaded on that purpose.

10/20

D) Animation was innovative. Still it looks likea boris flare. Positioning, and etcs are okay (based upon something in existance anyway)

12/20

E) The buildup is sticky, i mean the parts stick out from each other, specially pillars.

5/15

Total:

49/100

Final Comment: Definitely not high standard. It can pass as a graphic, but theres certain things to correct.

Dark Elf´s:

Windsk's New Allied Tech Center

A) 13/30%. The image looks okay, but it is too similar and doesn't sit well.
B) 12/15%. The mark for this is quite high, since it does fit in exactly with the Allied schema.
C) 10/20%. The snow frames accentuated the cloned look of the building a bit too much, I thought. The damage didn't make that much of a difference, and the shadows don't fit the building at all.
D) 11/20%. While the animation was actually quite good, it is too apparent what this was made from.
E) 7/15%. This was really bad, since it was just the original buildup for a certain amount of frames, and then it was just dragged out. The second stage was very jumpy and there were no shadows.

Overall Mark: 53%. Quite frankly, I don't like this, since it looks exactly like it is, that is a building that has just been cloned and placed next to each other, instead of looking like a new building.

Clazzy´s:

New Tech Building (Windsk)

Smoothness & Modelling: 11/30
Scheming: 9/15
Accesories: 9/20
Technical Competence : 9/20
Buildup: 3/15
Total: 41%

Comments: This building should have had a lot more work put into it before being released. The shadows which are there look like big blobs, the animation looks silly and it looks badly pasted together.

Total: 47,6

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ZombyDragon

Restored Barracks

Posted Image

ArgCmdr´s:

A) Angle is correct, only modifications done to the allied barracks, which look well overall

15/30

B) Scheme is allied, quite easy to notice, mostly unmodified, but some details removed correctly

6/15

C) One shadow (first frame) is wrong. Snow frames are ok, and so are damaged, but theyre still based off the normal one.

11/20

D) Lighting is perfect. Foundation is correct -3x2-. Position is also fine. No animations. Remaps are also correct. Yet again, this is modified from Westwood´s directly, ther is not much work poured in.

10/20

E) No buildup.

0/15

Total: 42/100

Final Comment: It is a nice modification of the barracks, but it does need more modifications seriously. It is hard to evaluate something that is almost fully done from the game itself. Modifications done are quite well, with more effort you could make some good new structures without needing to modify one.

Dark Elf´s:

ZombyDragon's New Barracks

A) 20/30%. The changes that have been made fit together very well.
B) 7/15%. Half marks for sticking to the theme.
C) 10/20%. The fact that the shadows that came with the building overlap the building are a letdown, as is the fact that the damaged frames are only damaged in certain places, and related places aren't touched. The snow version doesn't look half bad though.
D) 3/20%. Considering that there are no animations for this building, there is not much that can be judged in this category. I have, however, given a few marks for the fact that the minor changes do fit in pretty well, and don't look that out of place.
E) 0/15%. There was no buildup.

Overall Mark: 40%. The lack of buildup and animations significantly let down this building.

Clazzy´s:

Barracks (ZombyDragon)

Smoothness & Modelling: 16/30
Scheming: 12/15
Accesories: 6/20
Technical Competence : 2/20
Buildup: 0/15
Total: 36%

Comments: Well, it's a good building as it will fit in perfectly, but it's just the barracks with the flag pole missing. It has no buildup, no animations and the shadow overlaps onto the building.

Total: 39,3

Final Scores -entries-:
1. Windsk´s Civ Depot..........80,6
2. Windsk´s Allied Depot.......80,0
3. Daedalus´ Power Plant.......74,3
4. Windsk´s Machine Shop.......74,0
5. Windsk´s Master Barracks....73,0
6. Windsk´s Diablo Barracks....71,6
7. Windsk´s Ultra Power Plant. 63,0
8. Windsk´s Allied Tech Center.47,6
9. ZombyDragon´s Barracks......39,3
10. MadHQ´s Power Plant........32,0

Final Scores -author´s best entry-:
1. Windsk´s Civ Depot..........80,6
2. Daedalus´ Power Plant.......74,3
3. ZombyDragon´s Barracks......39,3
4. MadHQ´s Power Plant.........32,0

Congratulations, Windsk! SHP Building Maker of the month - May 2004!

This thread will be on for a couple of days, and then closed as the SHP Masters Series II begin. W hope to see you all on that one!

Two modifications:
+ One entry per entrant.
+ Infantry Competition added if two or more artists confirm their presence

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#89 Daeda

Daeda

Piñata

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 07:59 AM

W00t the results, and it only took 1 week :D
Im 2nd (goes wild)
And i was beaten by the building im gonna use myself aswell.. har thats not bad
Also could anyone miss soe time t learn me shados.. because i know it was the big missing part

#90 ZombyDragon

ZombyDragon

Zomby

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 08:41 PM

9. ZombyDragon´s Barracks......39,3  

Only 9th places... :lol:

#91 Tetracide

Tetracide
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 02:39 AM

Windsk, you have talent. It's too bad you have to swoop down to the pathetic level of stealing other people's work. That allied powerplant is not yours. You stole that from a C-GEN member and modified it. You then posted it here and claimed it as your own. That matierial was copyrighted and you didn't hesitate to steel it.

I hope that the Administrators of this forum would be responsible and respectful enough to remove Windsk's powerplant immediatly. If not, it just goes to show how low and selfish they can become.

It is absolutly pathetic how one could so bluntly attain this work and disply it as your own. I can't even begin to imagin how disrespectful this is to the original owner of this material. I hope your former forum members look down apon you with disgust as much as I have, and I also hope that you rethink your motives. Even though some of your other work may be of your own and of good quality, you have lost respect as a asset creator.

You have talent. Show off that talent using your own work and your own materials. Stealing from someone else is not your own work, and does not show others how talented you are. I ask for Windsk himself to remove this content from this site. And if he refuses, I ask for responsible and respectful administrators to remove it for him. This is all I ask, and it is a moral act that I think anyone can understand.

#92 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 01 June 2004 - 03:08 AM

As far as I've heard... it's a sort of double stealing case. Because it would be a 'stealing' from someone who already stolen it. Who made the original Power Plant was someone else, TUR modified it and called his own and Windsk aparently modified TUR's or... the original one. But I cant find the original one anymore.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#93 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 01 June 2004 - 03:40 AM

I think this clears things up:

http://sleipnirstuff...ht=plant#160337

The owner of the original power plant is Styx. TUR modified it.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#94 ComradeJ

ComradeJ

Comrade Jamgee

• Project Team
  • 2,067 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert: ReGeneration

Posted 01 June 2004 - 07:15 AM

Yeah, and not only that... I don't believe TUR's was a base... Windsk had some things on it that were in the original RA2 assets but not in TUR's... Putting stuff back on would be pointless...
You cannot compare pissing to thinking
- SoulReaver

#95 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 01 June 2004 - 10:34 AM

Tetracide, you shouldn't start blaming people left, rite and center and trying to be righteous. We members actually have proper back up research. It belongs to Styx, what I find very disheartning, is that C-GEN hosts a known ripper (Yotta) who has been banned for Nazist views on several forums and when I tell C-GEN of this they say I am a CNCG member so my comments are invalid.
Posted Image

#96 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 01 June 2004 - 10:39 AM

Windsk files have been uploaded but one important comment. MAKE THEM ZIP FORMAT, hardly any people use RAR and its incosistent as all other YR Argentina assets is in ZIP.
Posted Image

#97 Daeda

Daeda

Piñata

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 02:24 PM

It belongs to Styx, what I find very disheartning, is that C-GEN hosts a known ripper (Yotta) who has been banned for Nazist views on several forums and when I tell C-GEN of this they say I am a CNCG member so my comments are invalid.

These Flame wars should frekkin stop.. they are pointless.. C-Gen is only nice to Yotta and TUR coz they are hated by CNCG..

What is the point of banning someone because he's a member of another forum. Am i getting banned from C-Gen soon just because im working on a CNCG Project. Tetracide if you read this make sure Cannis gets it. Im sick of it.

#98 Natus

Natus

i maid a telescope with my smarties toob

• Project Team
  • 2,005 posts
  • Projects:Ex mapper, GCII Fanatic and sound tech.
  •  "Go fudge yourself you smarmy overly-camp handsome barstard" - Neil Faz

Posted 01 June 2004 - 03:24 PM

This is pathetic, they all use the Nuke Reactor as base, thats a similarity. TURs pathetic copy of Styx's original is cheap, and in itself is theft. Or rather, it is if your making your claim here, of that being theft. Pathetic. Windsk's version is an attempted and well done effort to variate the base of a nuke reactor, to accuse of theft, well, lmfao.
Natus 3.4

Corrupt program now requires constant reboots and does not function at all in majority of instances. Designed with a web browser component to replace AOL, it has exceeded our expectations by being more crashy and unreliable and with worse tech support. We didn't think it was physically possible! A general product recall is advised; when it does function it seems to require background processes Girl 0.1Beta to stave off further crashes. Will someone PLEASE remove that code, and insert Backbone 1.9 in its place? That's assuming we even bother to continue this prog.

#99 Deathblow Luc

Deathblow Luc

Unique

• Undead
  • 3,768 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 03:59 PM

Look, Tetracide, i really hope you come back to read this. Im tired to see that n00b called TUR, and others that conform what i like to call the Trinity, who are rippers themselves, blaming us for things that dont even happen.

First of all, i invite you to look at http://cncguild.net/ttd , where you will find a nice collection of TUR´s attitudes, before he was banned, and while he was banned.

Second off, ive been told that in these boards you visit, he blames me of ripping. Well, notice that, im the person in the whole C&C community who released the most assets for public download, with over 120. If you ever saw my work, youd notice that its a hundred times better than TURs only two shown artwork:

The Power Plant, which was a ripoff from Styx´
A voxel, which was ripped off Napalm.

Which logic has, that me, who can make such thing in seconds, or Windsk, who is terribly superior on talent for what he has showed, ripped his insignificant and poor work? You tell me.

I invite you to look at both pieces of work, and tell how similar they are.

http://www.sleipnirs...opic.php?t=7708
Posted Image
TUR´s Plant

Posted Image
Windsk´s Plant

If you had bothered to zoom in, you would have noticed that Windsk´s is based on the Soviet Nuclear Silo, while TUR´s is based on Styx´s Power Plant. Want some fresh proof?

Posted Image

You have also failed to notice, that TUR always posted jpgs of this, hence the shots were never SHP quality, and there is no way Windsk could have made such a refinement work to it because of that. Look for yourself:
http://www.sleipnirs...opic.php?t=7708

Windsk is new on the most known circles. By accusing him of something that is fake, TUR is trying to kill C&C Community, as new people are scarse, and even scarser those who are talented.

I will tell you something, in case you didnt read the link provided firstly. These are the causes for which TUR was banned here:

+ Ripping an Asset.
+ Stalking Members.
+ Abusing Moderation Rights on the old USNC COnquest mod forums.
+ Keeping problems with Cannis up in private.
+ Threatening with Hacking.
+ Spamming.
+ Disrespecting Moderators and Administrators

Most of which you can see at http://cncguild.net/ttd

These are the reasons for which he got banned at Sleipnirs, or at least, those id take into criteria if i would have done it:

+ General Spamming. Just watch his posts there. He replied to every thread that was posted into (and i think he does the same at C-GEN, it took me two years to have 2600 posts on my own board, but it takes him just months to get about 2k on somebody elses)
+ Flooding threads with Anti CNC Guild Propaganda. http://www.sleipnirs...opic.php?t=7867
+ Attempting to rip Code Red. http://www.sleipnirs...opic.php?t=7916
+ Threatening to hack CNC Guild or saying he had hacked. http://www.sleipnirs...opic.php?t=6721

See a pattern?

We are called troublemakers but then TUR keeps up bringing lies out, and stirring butter between the CNC Guild/C-GEN comflict, like if someone told him to. Its intolerable, and impossible to be considered serious. Your attacks, TUR, are senseless, proofless, and hypocrite. Live your life, and stop messing with others.

Then again, we have to stand his threats and lies (watch http://cncguild.net/ttd ). He threatened this site by email yesterday. Its laughable how we were told we didnt deal with rippers properly by persons who cant recognise rippers themselves. And even further, some of his claims were backed up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#100 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 01 June 2004 - 04:00 PM

Windsk, you have talent. It's too bad you have to swoop down to the pathetic level of stealing other people's work. That allied powerplant is not yours. You stole that from a C-GEN member and modified it. You then posted it here and claimed it as your own. That matierial was copyrighted and you didn't hesitate to steel it.  

I hope that the Administrators of this forum would be responsible and respectful enough to remove Windsk's powerplant immediatly. If not, it just goes to show how low and selfish they can become.  

It is absolutly pathetic how one could so bluntly attain this work and disply it as your own. I can't even begin to imagin how disrespectful this is to the original owner of this material. I hope your former forum members look down apon you with disgust as much as I have, and I also hope that you rethink your motives. Even though some of your other work may be of your own and of good quality, you have lost respect as a asset creator.  

You have talent. Show off that talent using your own work and your own materials. Stealing from someone else is not your own work, and does not show others how talented you are. I ask for Windsk himself to remove this content from this site. And if he refuses, I ask for responsible and respectful administrators to remove it for him. This is all I ask, and it is a moral act that I think anyone can understand.

Your almost as bad as cannis. Making false accuastions or believing false accuastions then using them to cause more problems. Look around first, looked what args just posted. It proves that TUR is lying, yet again... Oh dear how many times have we come to this conclusion. When will cannis ban that dipshit, he wasn't quick off the mark to ban my staff, why not a proper thief. Thats a question i should ask him i expect....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users