#1 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:00 PM

So I just went over to firefox 4, which will be publically released next week. Its a mixed bag. It is supposed to be much faster and that I think it might be....

But I hate that they moved the tabs to the upper part of the window, It just goes against mah muscle memory and normal computer sense. Now i have to move the mouse even further when i change tabs, and they are hugging the top of the screen a bit too much for me.

Meh, there will probably be a mod to it coming out in no-time. probably exists already but it has not come high up on google yet.

Edit:
found it, Its under file/firefox -> options-> "tabs on top"

Edited by duke_Qa, 24 March 2011 - 11:06 PM.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#2 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:59 AM

Yeah, that's the first thing I changed.. although I still can't change the position of 'favourites' (or whatever they're called in english version) to the original one. It's either left or right now. :)

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#3 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:27 AM

Now the only thing left for me that is annoying is that they swapped places on the open in new window/tab in you right-click menu. Might be easier to get used to but still a change that gets to you.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#4 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:01 AM

I liked a lot this new version. It's much faster. And the new interface is good, afterall, I'm already used to use Chrome anyway and it is very similar.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#5 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:39 AM

Yeah the tabs are on top in Chrome, which I used at work. Haven't tried this new Firefox yet though.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 02:24 PM

It seems to be a chrome-killer by the sound of things. My local IT-shop owner said he went from chrome and back to firefox now: Because "it was much faster", but i suspect its more about those tabs. For me it is much easier and logical to have the tabs up at the top of the page and close to my workzone.

Edited by duke_Qa, 26 March 2011 - 02:25 PM.

#7 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 26 March 2011 - 04:27 PM

I use both Firefox (now the version 4) and Chrome side by side. I'm glad FF got a nice speed boost and I'm not too unhappy about the move towards a more Chrome-ish interface either. Chrome 11 should bring some further improvements, but I find that with the release of IE 9 and FF 4, all the major browsers are pretty much on-par when it comes to standard features. Best solution is to try all and stick to the one you enjoy most.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users