Mount Gundabad

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nardros

Nardros
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:31 PM

Hello dear community , I'm new here and as a fan of Middle earth geography and story , I wish to ask you if you know what became Gundabad by the War of the Ring ? Because even if most of Bolg's army hs been destroyed during the Battle of Five Armies , I don't know what was their purpose and their role in the War of the Ring . I mean , did they act like Dol Guldur as a fortress in mountain as a base ?

#2 Nardros

Nardros
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:56 PM

IMO I think there were some orcs , perhaps a remnant of Angmar but still a threat for all people in the Wilderland , isn't it ?

Edited by Nardros, 01 April 2011 - 04:56 PM.

#3 Guest_Dwarfman_*

Guest_Dwarfman_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:03 PM

Mount Gundabad had been cleared out during the wars of the Orcs and Dwarves. After the Battle of the Five Armies it was still the capitol of the orcs in the Misty Mountains. When Sauron fell the orcs became disorganized and it was probably retaken by the Dwarves as a holy site (Mount Gundadbad was where Durin, the Father of the Dwarves, awoke from his sleep and traveled down to what would become Moria)As for the War of the Ring it was not signifigant as the main focus in the North was against Lorien and Erebor. Gundabad was too far removed to be a trheat to either of these places or to be a useful base or staging point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users