No fuel left for the pilgrims

#82 PurpleGaga27

PurpleGaga27

Retired C&C Modder

• Members
  • 2,186 posts
  •  Media Division Top Contributer

Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:37 PM

So the rumors from recent leaked spoilers were true though. The American writers/producers decided to ruin the show and to make the series end too soon, thus it was technically a bad decision that went off the books including a misplaced coffee cup. Why, it's just a telenovela, I mean a TV show. I'll bet HBO will do the same for Westworld when their series finale will happen.

Pretty soon there'll be callings and shoutouts to the HISHE YouTube channel for a "How Game of Thrones Season 8 Should Have Ended". They already did a season one version of How Game of Thrones Should Have Ended.

This all reminds me of Mass Effect 3 all over again.

Edited by PurpleGaga27, 20 May 2019 - 03:56 PM.

#83 PurpleGaga27

PurpleGaga27

Retired C&C Modder

• Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:07 PM

Now I know why Season 8 is a disaster, another gaffe, a water bottle:

D6_ajViU8AEOUxA.jpg

Previously this coffee cup:

D6_ajVnUwAAnHqI.jpg

No wonder why Season 8 seems rushed after more than one year in the making.

Edited by PurpleGaga27, 20 May 2019 - 06:09 PM.

#84 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:15 PM

Was season 5 rushed?  What's their excuse for the past 4 years?  Nah, no excuses for them will work.  They're just awful.

#85 PurpleGaga27

PurpleGaga27

Retired C&C Modder

• Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:59 PM

NO TV show is perfect, not even any premium show that is for a mature audience.

Oh btw, due to too much junk work today, I'll be watching Seasons 7 & 8 tomorrow once things have quieted down, then I'll voice my opinions.

Edited by PurpleGaga27, 20 May 2019 - 11:01 PM.

#86 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:29 AM

It didn't have to be perfect.  I would have settled for "good."

#87 PurpleGaga27

PurpleGaga27

Retired C&C Modder

• Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 06:04 AM

Finally watched all 73 episodes of GOT in six weeks. Episode 19 is where the first real battle began. Episode 29, 39, 49, 59 and two episodes of season 7 all have interesting battles. Episode 68 is where the Stark children got their justice (sort of). Episode 70 is a double whammy episode where that battle was ridiculous and insane out of 99% of all TV shows but it didn't define the show itself. Episode 72... WTF? That part was inhumane to viewers and society, if Kim Jung Un would have thought of that way. Episode 73.... no winner and the Stark children go their own ways. The beginning and ending parts of Season 8 are the only things that got right, and the rest of them are flawed like hell.

More to come, though.

Edited by PurpleGaga27, 22 May 2019 - 06:05 AM.

#88 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:30 PM

After watching all episodes, I am not against the direction it took. Their intention for the ending was very good (although I can't understand how Jon Snow wasn't executed by the Dothraki... perhaps they thought he would return from death :p), but the execution of GoT was too much rushed since the season 7. Season 8 managed to be even more rushed than season 7. I think that the whole problem was the HBO forced them to make the seasons 7 and 8 shorter, because the budget of the show was too high, even for their standards. It's the price of epic battles.

Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#89 PurpleGaga27

PurpleGaga27

Retired C&C Modder

• Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:05 PM

So here's my opinion on this entire Game of Thrones series. Spoilers beware. I had to skip a lot of minutes just to watch all 73 episodes, rather than minute by minute, and at times I watch at like 2-3 episodes at the same time. The first four seasons are slow-paced and the last four seasons sped up but the direction wasn't very well done.... well it's just a typical telenovela, I mean a TV show.

Spoiler

Now I wonder how The Walking Dead series will end... similar to anything like Game of Thrones in a rushed fashion? But it didn't really matter, because Rick Grimes and possibly two other main characters left in season 9 and that part of the series ended. I doubt there's much more to go on, other than the whisperers.

#90 PurpleGaga27

PurpleGaga27

Retired C&C Modder

• Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:07 PM

After watching all episodes, I am not against the direction it took. Their intention for the ending was very good (although I can't understand how Jon Snow wasn't executed by the Dothraki... perhaps they thought he would return from death :p), but the execution of GoT was too much rushed since the season 7. Season 8 managed to be even more rushed than season 7. I think that the whole problem was the HBO forced them to make the seasons 7 and 8 shorter, because the budget of the show was too high, even for their standards. It's the price of epic battles.

Agreed. I wished for 10 seasons instead.

#91 PurpleGaga27

PurpleGaga27

Retired C&C Modder

• Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:25 PM

HBO should have been using a HD opening like this starting in season 2, not 8. However though, this was only the good thing in GOT season 8 after all.

The first season wasn't really in 1080p HD, but 720p.

Edited by PurpleGaga27, 22 May 2019 - 09:30 PM.

#92 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 23 May 2019 - 07:48 AM

Yea, I really liked the season 8 opening.  But it wasn't the ONLY good thing about season 8.  They didn't do everything wrong.  The burning of the Iron Throne, the fight between the Mountain and Hound, the culling of King's Landing, the general battle for Winterfell... those were great scenes. Most people are complaining that the sudden change of character for Daenerys was a bigger mistake than the Vietnam War, but really, that wasn't a problem for me.  The problem is how it happened.  The writers, Fiddle Dee and Fiddle Dum, approximately spent 2 episodes setting up Daenerys contradicting everything she stood for, for the past 8 years, just because her spare dragon and translator died.  She wasn't even that angry when her first dragon died to the Night King.  They said they "dropped hints at her being crazy" years ago, but subtle clues and actual lapses of true character are two separate things.  They can talk about the gods flipping coins over Targaryens being mad or not all they like, but there needed to be visible progression throughout the show for something like that.  And Jon Snow being a secret Targaryen was even less subtle, and more pointless.

#93 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:30 PM

This is not what happened. HBO wanted 10 seasons, of 10 episodes each. Beniof and Weiss (the showrunners) cut it short, likely because they wanted to move on to Star Wars. So instead of hiring new writers who did have the motivation to deliver the ending in a non-awful, non-breakneck pace, they just rushed through it. 

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#94 PurpleGaga27

PurpleGaga27

Retired C&C Modder

• Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:13 AM

Fan-made theory of Tony Stark in Game of Thrones.

#95 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:37 AM

This is not what happened. HBO wanted 10 seasons, of 10 episodes each. Beniof and Weiss (the showrunners) cut it short, likely because they wanted to move on to Star Wars. So instead of hiring new writers who did have the motivation to deliver the ending in a non-awful, non-breakneck pace, they just rushed through it. 

Where did you hear about that?

Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#96 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 27 May 2019 - 07:15 AM

Speaking of Star Wars...  http://www.ladbible....nFTQHgMWD4qCGlA

#97 PurpleGaga27

PurpleGaga27

Retired C&C Modder

• Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 03:35 PM

I guess those people are now hating those producers not to be in charge of future Star Wars films/shows since they already ruined Game of Thrones with a rushed disappointing finale.

#98 PurpleGaga27

PurpleGaga27

Retired C&C Modder

• Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 06:34 AM

Here they go again: https://news.yahoo.c...-084114310.html

Right now those 1.6+ million signature petition of remaking the GoT Finale is more than impeaching Trump!

#99 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 28 July 2019 - 01:15 AM

I don't think a petition has ever done anything.  Ever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users