#1 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:30 AM

found this a hilarious response to all the doomsday thingies from them religious fanatics:

For some, it's Judgment Day. For others, it's party time. A loosely organized Christian movement has spread the word around the globe that Jesus Christ will return to earth on Saturday to gather the faithful into heaven. While the Christian mainstream isn't buying it, many other skeptics are milking it.

A Facebook page titled "Post rapture looting" offers this invitation: "When everyone is gone and god's not looking, we need to pick up some sweet stereo equipment and maybe some new furniture for the mansion we're going to squat in." By Wednesday afternoon, more than 175,000 people indicated they would be "attending" the "public event."

The prediction is also being mocked in the comic strip "Doonesbury" and has inspired "Rapture parties" to celebrate what hosts expect will be the failure of the world to come to an end.

In the Army town of Fayetteville, N.C., the local chapter of the American Humanist Association has turned the event into a two-day extravaganza, with a Saturday night party followed by a day-after concert.

"It's not meant to be insulting, but come on," said organizer Geri Weaver. "Christians are openly scoffing at this."

I think its an awesome response to any and all religious mumbo-jumbo events. "world ending again? Atheist party!"

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#2 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:21 AM

There's also a post-Rapture pet service, a bunch of atheists who charge Christians a fee to come and look after their pets after the Christians get taken up into heaven. For only $110 a year you too can enjoy eternal paradise safe in the knowledge that your pets aren't going to die alone and starving!
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#3 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:30 AM

Yeah that fancy ascension does have certain consequences that they have not thought about. Luckily we got some responsible atheist capitalists around to remind them of the advantages of being prepared :thumbsupsmiley:

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#4 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:16 PM

Looks like it failed, big surprise! Well, I guess there's still like 8-12 hours left over in the west, so who knows, but at least i survived until the 22nd :xcahik_:

Didn't really celebrate with a party though, but saw some old animation movies that I haven't seen before.

#5 Caspa

Caspa

title available

• Members
  • 938 posts
  •  Shine On, Lurk Moar

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:13 PM

I can't see Hitler, Satan, Lady GaGa, Fritzel or Rosie O'Donnell, so either I haven't made it to Hell yet, or the world is fine and the dumbarse religious zealots have been proven wrong yet again
Hostile is a cunt.

Thought I'd have that here to save time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users