Stealth General

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 rainmaker

rainmaker
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:17 PM

Here is my question: how do you use the jammer station? I can build multiple jammer stations, there is no countdown and no benefit that I can see on my map.

I suspect that it is creating some sort of blind spot at the location and surrounding area of the station, meaning the building, itself.

If so, what's the approximate radius, does anyone have a screenshot playing against one of these?

Here are my top 3 gambits:

Gambit #1: Extended "mobile demo trap" line

Setup:
-build one or better two barracks close to one another and research camouflage upgrade, hot key both barracks (I like 3,4,5,6 for barracks, 7,8,9 for arms dealers)
-set barracks rally points at far end of common thoroughway or route
-fill the builing queues with terrorists (meaning, press 3TTTTTTTTT, 4TTTTTTTTT), or less, depending on your cash: 1 terrorist = $200
-time the building completion rate so that the one terrorist is finished as the next barrack's terrorist is half way done

Play:
When the first terrorist arrives at he rally point, click it, go EE (so all terrorists accross the map are selected), and S or click "Stop"
What that will do is create this line of terrorists along the route, in equal distance, like this

Barracks T____________T____________T____________T____________T____________T____________T(at rally point)

So now you have a line of equally distanced, stealthed terrorists, like demo traps if you will, down the main way to your base. No further micromanagement needed. Change the rally point and repeat in different direction, as needed for "pro-active" defense if you will.

Quick Edit: Thanks for the comment below. I don't mean for it to be as effective as demo traps, for the good reasons pointed out by Casojin. It's just a out-of-the-box gambit most opponents don't expect, which is the larger point here.

Gambit #2: Missile Mania!

Setup:
-get up to level 3
-pick the salvage box drop
-build Missile Scorpions, 6 or more (I prefer 12 if possible)
-drop the boxes on your group of scorpions. For those who don't know, a Scorpion has two upgrades, from 1 original to 2 to 3 missiles.
-use the GPS scrambler on the group

Play:
-select the group, find the L key on your keyboard, push it. That will tell the group to "Hold Fire"
-drive your group near an unprotected enemy building
-it's launch time, select your group and press R. That will tell the group to "Fire at Will"
-6 Scorpion tanks with some upgrades will need about two volleys for a supply depot
-once it's destroyed, press L again to hold fire
-move your tanks around for a couple of seconds until they are stealth, then run over the left-over infantry from the building: they will never see the tanks, even as they are being crushed
-a variation that works well as your Scorpions get attacked is to bring along some fake Scorpions: leave those running around to be destroyed, while your real tanks are high-tailing it out of the danger zone, possibly coming back for the "after-strike" (a brilliant strategy that almost deserves its own article)

Note: of course those rangers or red guard won't get a scratch on your Scorpions anyway, but if your tanks are left to "Fire at Will", they will hit each-other and trust me, you will loose a tank, they are that dumb! Also, knowing that the enemy units will never see you coming as you run them over will afford you a sick moment of joy... :evgr:

Gambit #3: The Vampire

Setup:
-locate enemy supply depot, internet center, black market or supply drop
-build a tunnel network close to it
-crank out saboteurs, best go for an initial 6 or more
-build a BTR50P if you suspect mines, use GPS scrambler on that

Play:
-check with your BTR-50P for mines, clear them
-then run the saboteurs in for the big withdrawal
-if there's no reaction, keep on making saboteurs and keep withdrawing
-in the ideal scenario, you will manage to isolate the building from the enemy and if it cannot be disassembled (SW general) or blown up internally, you can sap money until the enemy runs out

Note: This is a gambit that works well against the computer. The computer will just let you keep on stealing money without ever defending. It also works well as a hit and run on a human player as part of a larger strategy. You can shift someone's entire focus if you keep stealing. The player will have to react and commit attention and resources. This is different from the player losing the building and giving up the position*. That would hurt, but it doesn't hurt as much as continued withdrawals which will make you richer and richer, and the enemy weaker and weaker.

*) depending on how well you defend the location, a smart enemy will actually destroy their own building to stop you (ie: tank general using supply trucks to attack own building)

There you have it, my top 3 Stealth General gambits. What are yours?

Edited by rainmaker, 11 August 2011 - 02:48 AM.

#22 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:56 AM

Jammer station in 007 is bugged and useless (except for Anti-radar missile upgrade). It's supposed to act like Red Alert Gap Generator that mask the entire map with black shroud.

In 008 it is changed, the station jam communication of all enemy around the station (radius can cover your entire base). Jammed enemy units/structures cannot be clicked (hence, cannot be controlled). This doesn't work with AI.

As for your tactic, Terrorist is easier to detect than Demo Trap. As Terrorist is counted as infantry while Demo Trap is counted as mine. Only a few units can detect mines but most detector units can easily detect infantry. But if you use this tactic fast enough, you can attack your enemy with stealth terrorists, which is more effective than turning them into a trap.

Edited by Casojin, 10 August 2011 - 02:03 AM.

CASOJIN

Posted Image

#23 rainmaker

rainmaker
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:47 AM

Thanks for the clarification on the jammer station Casojin.

I guess it's still good as a stealth bunker, complete with its own radar, albeit a very expensive one... :crazed:

#24 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:49 AM

Also there is a trick to get early anti-radar missile when you play Stealth Gen vs Toxin or Assault.
Since Anti-radar Missile is actually Scorpion Rocket upgrade, so you can capture Arms Dealer and get Scorpion Rocket upgrade instead (at rank 1).
Then it would be very easy to kill enemy detector.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#25 Guest_Shrapnel_*

Guest_Shrapnel_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:36 AM

Actually, the one tactic I always employ as Stealth general is map control. Scatter tunnel networks near tech builds and stashes, and don't forget to camo them. In one game i managed to build one tunnel inside the enemy base and keeps on pwning him inside out. Stealth terrorists are also great, they quickly promote you. Never let your base be discovered, as It is hard to play defensive as stealth general. Make some 'sleeper cell' (fake bases which can be upgraded). Pitfall is really cool too, if combined with the radar destroyer.

Jikhad Warrior are useful early, when against lone infantry. High damage, yet slow rate of fire. Also, research camo for terrorists, TDs and workers, it really helps. Stealth mobs are also great!

remember, never let the enemy promote before you. Lose the least amount of units you can while sniping his infantry/ blowing up structures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users