Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:20 AM

I woke up this late morning by the buzzing of my cellphone, which, despite all warnings for cancer, I had tucked in under my pillow the night before. On the other side was a woman, who asked me if I played in some nondescript lottery of which I had never heard. I mumbled I didn't, and that I wasn't interested in doing so either, and that I was trying to get my rest.

"At 11:45?" she asked, "You're asleep at 11:45?"

Naturally, I was quite perplexed. I didn't quite know what time it was, though I figured it was getting pretty late.

"Shouldn't you get out of bed by now?"

Hey, I figured, at least I wasn't bothering anybody, but I wasn't witty enough to mention this to her directly. So I checked the time, cursed, hung up the phone, then went and took care of some things I had planned to take care of today.

That is all.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#2 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:36 PM

Some people work fucking nights. How dare she judge people based on the fact they were asleep during the day. They may have been on a bender the night before. They may be working late that night, finishing at 7am the next morning. They may have finished at 7am that very morning. Or they may just not have any particular need or desire to get up.

What a cunt. How dare she.

#3 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:59 PM

11:45? Dude, that's ridiculous. You should have been up for several hours at least doing things that needed getting doning.

#4 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:20 PM

I know, she got me good. That's why I got up. I had been sleeping for over fourteen hours.

#5 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Job:Artist

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:40 PM

I've gotten used to 6.5 hours of sleep now(have to get up 0620), mixed with plenty of coffee at work.

I have to say, if i was working night I would have told her "Nightshift, heard about that?" but overall I wouldn't get pissed unless it was very untimely and rude.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#6 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:17 PM

Oh, I wasn't mad. I just found it weird.

#7 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:17 AM

11:45 is sleeping late? I guess it is if you went to bed at 9:30 the night before. Shit, I don't get up until about 2 in the afternoon usually. But to be fair, I go to bed around 5 in the morning.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users