• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 MichaelJ.

MichaelJ.
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:36 PM

Hello
I had to register here, because I am playing the mod for 6 weeks now. (just skirmish with my boss ;)
I have to say: We are loving it!

We played Yuris Revenge before, but your mod gives the game a total new game experience.
Have to say that we play random maps only, mostly without water/ships and without Superweapons.

Now after playing all the diffrent fractions I would like to give you some input on the balancing in skirmish.

Allied vs. Soviets:
In our opinion the Soviets are a bit to powerful esp. in longer games. Because of:
Industrial Plant & Soviet Palace vs. Ore Purifier: The soviet Palace is too much, free Money when allies have nothing

Dropping Tanks vs. Paratroopers (esp. because the GIs are no longer that powerful against Buildings as they where in YR and the Soviet
Tanks cannot be damaged with Anti-Air as soon as they are out of the Plane). Why not dropping Enforcers ;)

free permanent Repair Drone vs. "one time Heal" (yes I know Allies have the IFV with Engineer, but costs Money anyways)

Migs vs. Harrier: Migs are too powerful against Vehicles and Soviets have already Kirovs

Rhino is cheap and powerful. Nothing Allies can counter with (except USA)

And last but not least: Tesla Tank. This is one of the best Ground Units: fast, powerful and far to powerful when Veteran.
A mix of Teslas & Rhinos, there is nothing an Allied player can do (at least me)

Centurion: equiped with Boris and Tesla Troopers, thats a badass, kills allied units easily.

Boris vs. Tanja: Boris shots Infantry and even Vehicles and his Flare range is a bit too long. Tanja can plant explosives against vehicles, but she has a short life span against those tesla tanks and spiders.
Let Tanja kill Spiders with one shot and it would be nice to let her "snipe" drives out of their vehicles.
Same goes for the commando who was able to kill spiders with one shot in YR

Soviets vs. Soviets
Kirovs: Not much you can do against 3 Kirovs heading to your Base. They are overpowered and too fast and Soviet Flaktrak and Flak Cannon as well as the Flak Troopers even in Masses have a hard time stopping them

Now for the weak units of the soviets:
Apocalypse: its soooo slow and it makes no sense building them, two Rhinos will do the same
Halftrack, Flak Cannon and Flak Troopers could be a bit more effective

Allied Units:
GI´s: no longer as powerful as they where in YR, takes a little out of the fun paradropping them somewhere into the enemy base and let them kill a building.

Rocketeer: no longer as powerful as they where in YR, and so they are pretty useless cause too expensive

Navy Seal: ok, no longer a one shot killer, but let him at least kill spiders with one shot, as it was in YR

Mirage Tank, Prism Tank: could it be that they are not as powerful against vehicles as they were in YR?

Battle Fortress: they could be a bit more powerful. Filled with Guardian GI´s they are really expensive and when killed, even the GI´s are gone :(

In General:
Why are units in vehicles killed now if the vehicle gets destroyed?

Now a short one on Yuri. We are not really playing with this fraction because its just annoying (but since we always have some computer oponents in our game, I should say some words about him)

Psi Interrupter: as soon as build, the computer opponent will no longer attack your base because invisible...

Speeder & Rhan: not as useful as it should be, because of the range of the Speeder weapon, so as soon Rhan gets his shot the speeder will automatically close up to the opponent (not that good)

Driller APC: most annoying unit in the game. No way to stop it before it appears somewhere in your base and one engineer always gets a building.

Starflare: not necessary because of Floating Discs

Floating Discs: far too powerful in groups, selfhealing, drain Power and not much Soviets can do against (massive ammounts of Halftraks required, and even they die fast)

But even with those little flaws, its the best mod we have played so far and I enjoy starting up MO every time :)
Hope my input helps somehow.

Best Mike

#2 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:55 PM

My responses to your points. In bloody red. :p

Hello
I had to register here, because I am playing the mod for 6 weeks now. (just skirmish with my boss ;)
I have to say: We are loving it! - Thanks!

We played Yuris Revenge before, but your mod gives the game a total new game experience.
Have to say that we play random maps only, mostly without water/ships and without Superweapons.

Now after playing all the diffrent fractions I would like to give you some input on the balancing in skirmish.

Allied vs. Soviets:
In our opinion the Soviets are a bit to powerful esp. in longer games. Because of:
Industrial Plant & Soviet Palace vs. Ore Purifier: The soviet Palace is too much, free Money when allies have nothing - Ore Purifier works the same way Soviet Palace does (at least it should). In 3.0 all sides will have their own ways to get more income.

Dropping Tanks vs. Paratroopers (esp. because the GIs are no longer that powerful against Buildings as they where in YR and the Soviet
Tanks cannot be damaged with Anti-Air as soon as they are out of the Plane). Why not dropping Enforcers ;) - Units can attack paradropped units. In 3.0 paradrops and tank drops will have a price, making them more balanced in both comparison and use.

free permanent Repair Drone vs. "one time Heal" (yes I know Allies have the IFV with Engineer, but costs Money anyways) - This is modified in 3.0

Migs vs. Harrier: Migs are too powerful against Vehicles and Soviets have already Kirovs - And are on higher tier and cost more. Still, this will be balanced out.

Rhino is cheap and powerful. Nothing Allies can counter with (except USA)

And last but not least: Tesla Tank. This is one of the best Ground Units: fast, powerful and far to powerful when Veteran.
A mix of Teslas & Rhinos, there is nothing an Allied player can do (at least me)

Centurion: equiped with Boris and Tesla Troopers, thats a badass, kills allied units easily.

Boris vs. Tanja: Boris shots Infantry and even Vehicles and his Flare range is a bit too long. Tanja can plant explosives against vehicles, but she has a short life span against those tesla tanks and spiders.
Let Tanja kill Spiders with one shot and it would be nice to let her "snipe" drives out of their vehicles.
Same goes for the commando who was able to kill spiders with one shot in YR

Soviets vs. Soviets
Kirovs: Not much you can do against 3 Kirovs heading to your Base. They are overpowered and too fast and Soviet Flaktrak and Flak Cannon as well as the Flak Troopers even in Masses have a hard time stopping them

Apocalypse: its soooo slow and it makes no sense building them, two Rhinos will do the same
Halftrack, Flak Cannon and Flak Troopers could be a bit more effective

Allied Units:
GI´s: no longer as powerful as they where in YR, takes a little out of the fun paradropping them somewhere into the enemy base and let them kill a building. - This will not change. GIs are not supposed to be anti-structure units.

Rocketeer: no longer as powerful as they where in YR, and so they are pretty useless cause too expensive

Navy Seal: ok, no longer a one shot killer, but let him at least kill spiders with one shot, as it was in YR

Mirage Tank, Prism Tank: could it be that they are not as powerful against vehicles as they were in YR? - Prism Tanks are not because they are not supposed to be anti-vehicle units. Mirages were not changed.

Battle Fortress: they could be a bit more powerful. Filled with Guardian GI´s they are really expensive and when killed, even the GI´s are gone :(

In General:

Now a short one on Yuri. We are not really playing with this fraction because its just annoying (but since we always have some computer oponents in our game, I should say some words about him)

Psi Interrupter: as soon as build, the computer opponent will no longer attack your base because invisible... - This one is getting removed.

Speeder & Rhan: not as useful as it should be, because of the range of the Speeder weapon, so as soon Rhan gets his shot the speeder will automatically close up to the opponent (not that good) - Speeder Trike is a different unit in 3.0.

Driller APC: most annoying unit in the game. No way to stop it before it appears somewhere in your base and one engineer always gets a building.

Starflare: not necessary because of Floating Discs - Removed in 3.0.

Floating Discs: far too powerful in groups, selfhealing, drain Power and not much Soviets can do against (massive ammounts of Halftraks required, and even they die fast)

But even with those little flaws, its the best mod we have played so far and I enjoy starting up MO every time :)

Best Mike

Whatever I did not comment on is a matter of balance which will be different than it was in 2.0.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#3 Zero.Zone

Zero.Zone
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:54 AM

Welcome,Mike.

Hello
I have to say: We are loving it! --So am I~

Have to say that we play random maps only, mostly without water/ships and without Superweapons. --Well,sea battel is more interesting,I think.

Allied vs. Soviets:
Industrial Plant & Soviet Palace vs. Ore Purifier: The soviet Palace is too much, free Money when allies have nothing --Well,135% after you build Ore Purifier,you'll see how good if your Chrono Miner is collecting vauleable ore.

Tanks cannot be damaged with Anti-Air as soon as they are out of the Plane). Why not dropping Enforcers ;) --Cant?

Free permanent Repair Drone vs. "one time Heal" (yes I know Allies have the IFV with Engineer, but costs Money anyways)

Migs vs. Harrier: Migs are too powerful against Vehicles and Soviets have already Kirovs --Well,Allied has been very powerful on AA,you knnow it~

Rhino is cheap and powerful. Nothing Allies can counter with (except USA) --Mirage Tank is also powerful.

A mix of Teslas & Rhinos, there is nothing an Allied player can do (at least me) --1 Jumpjet is enough.I mean you should use aircrafts.
Centurion: equiped with Boris and Tesla Troopers, thats a badass, kills allied units easily. --Aircraft and Mirage Tank~

Same goes for the commando who was able to kill spiders with one shot in YR --But always Boris cant fight with a lot of tanks.You can use 2IFV+2Engnieer+any tanks to anti spiders.

Soviets vs. Soviets
Kirovs: Not much you can do against 3 Kirovs heading to your Base. They are overpowered and too fast and Soviet Flaktrak and Flak Cannon as well as the Flak Troopers even in Masses have a hard time stopping them. --Try Siege Choopers?
Apocalypse: its soooo slow and it makes no sense building them, two Rhinos will do the same --Use Mobile War Factries maybe a good way?Halftrack, Flak Cannon and Flak Troopers could be a bit more effective

Allied Units:
GI´s: no longer as powerful as they where in YR, takes a little out of the fun paradropping them somewhere into the enemy base and let them kill a building.

Rocketeer: no longer as powerful as they where in YR, and so they are pretty useless cause too expensive --I think it's just use for AA.

Navy Seal: ok, no longer a one shot killer, but let him at least kill spiders with one shot, as it was in YR. --IFV + seal.

Mirage Tank, Prism Tank: could it be that they are not as powerful against vehicles as they were in YR? --Mirage Tank is very powerful if you produces a lot.Also Prism Tank,and you should mix with 2 Battel Fortress,with GGI & Prism Trooper.

Battle Fortress: they could be a bit more powerful. Filled with Guardian GI´s they are really expensive and when killed, even the GI´s are gone :( --Fill Prism Troopers is better than fill GIs.

In General:

Psi Interrupter: as soon as build, the computer opponent will no longer attack your base because invisible...

Speeder & Rhan: not as useful as it should be, because of the range of the Speeder weapon, so as soon Rhan gets his shot the speeder will automatically close up to the opponent (not that good)

Best Mike

Anyway,I'm glad to see you wrote such a long thread in your opinion,maybe you're really a good player of MO~
Analyzing Combat Zone Topograghy...
Compensating For Ambient Light Values...
Compiling Wartime Conventions...
Gathering Intel On Involved Factions...
Creating Theories On Likely Enemy Plan...
Secondary Check Of Combat Zone...
Deploying Forces To Combat Zone...
Final Analysis Of Outcome...

#4 Aasgier

Aasgier

title available

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:24 AM

Soviets have sucky AA. Barracuda's can maul a Soviet base, just target their Flak Cannons first (or a Nuke plant/important buildings built at wrong places).

The Allies have on the other hand a VERY powerful offense. Battle Fortresses with Guardian GI's and large groups of Prism Tanks, together with some repair IFV's, and the AI has no way of answering. The Backwarp can heal a lot of damage at once if needed (especially useful for Battle Fortresses). As Great Britain, you have Aeroblazes which can swat Migs out of the sky in seconds (if the Battle Fortresses don't manage it.

Also, Soviets can't do anything about Kirov Airships unless these fly over Apocalypses (the best thing about Apocalypses is that they can target everything and are the best AA unit for the soviets).

Allied and Yuri aren't weak against themselves. Soviets are - therefore I find them great as a support side, but their defense is flawed unlike the Allied (Yuri's defense tend to be weaker than Allied). Soviet has a very good offense (better than Allied) and the very powerful Centurion, which isn't too expensive. The Allies have an even more powerful offense, but this requires quite a few very expensive units (Battle Fortresses and Chrono Prison's among them) and therefore it takes longer to get your offensive group in order... while Soviets can already cause havoc with only four or five Kirov's provided someone didn't fill his base with AA (but in that case a Centurion will do).

#5 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:13 PM

Backwarp and Kirov will be nerfed.

If you play online, you'll realize that BF is a great thing.... but in most MP games, you don't have time to set the team within it up.
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#6 Aasgier

Aasgier

title available

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:33 PM

The Kirov doesn't really need a nerf. The Mig is a better unit in general (unless someonee has no AA). The Soviet Anti-air needs a buff, it is that simple. It always sucked and MO doesn't fix it.

As Allied, I found it more difficult to deal with Migs tahn with Kirovs (unless I have Aeroblazes or large groups of AA-cruisers). With Soviet, I found it even more difficult. Yuri has some problems as well, but more with the Migs than with the Kirovs.

In my own mod, I was toying around with heavy AA missiles dealing plenty of damage against everything that flies (and I still think about them replacing the MammothTusk in my own mod).
What do you guys think of upping Apoc's cost to 2200 and replace the Mammoth Tusk with such a missile (anti-air only, damage 300, AP warhead).

#7 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 16 July 2011 - 03:50 PM

The issue with Flak is that it is inaccurate, which means it can miss individual units however it is incredibly effective against groups of air units.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 TheQuackSavior

TheQuackSavior

I am the only one who's earned that right in the entire univ

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Projects:Some Super Mario World ROM hack
  •  WAAAAAHH!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:40 AM

The issue with Flak is that it is inaccurate, which means it can miss individual units however it is incredibly effective against groups of air units.

To prevent the powerful aircraft such Barracuda and Starflare, put 20 flak trooper in 4 halftrack(since HFT has quad flak cannon, Infantry can fire from the turret) and send them and press G(Guard mode) to for Flak war!

Boom! I'm back, babies!

#9 Aasgier

Aasgier

title available

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:45 PM

That costs more than the Allies or Yuri needs to spend. I usually build groups of four Flak cannons. And yes, this will fend off Barracuda's. But Migs will still get through, not to mention Kirov's (or just blow one of the Flak's up without casualties).

The soviets do well against the airforce of other players if they build grouped Flak cannons, especially Allied, but the Starflare has more armor and might break through (or just blow one of the defenses up). And the Mig, well, no comments. Again, this one will target defense structures. And, with allied, you can scatter your airforce easily if there's a lot of flak because of the inaccuracy. This essentially devides the firepower of the flak, usually losing one bomber at most as a trade off for the battle lab and/or several flak cannons (depending on ammount of Barracuda's sent, which are usually four groups of two which will arrive at the base at the same time). And the second strike has almost no opposition left.

The soviet AA just doesn't have enough concentrated firepower whatever they do unless you've large groups of Flak cannons (but that doesn't have to be enough because you can fly around them or destroy it by ground).

Flak tracks just don't scratch heavy armor at all, which sucks.

#10 Black/Brunez

Black/Brunez

Title? What title?

• Project Team
  • 1,262 posts
  •  Mentalmeister - Random Annoying Guy

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:33 PM

Remember that the Migs were nerfed and Starflares were removed in 3.0

#11 Aasgier

Aasgier

title available

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:08 PM

Still, that doesn't solve the main problem with Soviet AA; it just isn't effective enough against single (heavily armored) air units or well spread out air units.

The main weakness of all Soviet AA is that it can't scratch armored air units, especially if their armor/speed ratio is too high (Kirov, Starflare, Mig currently). What doesn't really help is that planes can fly easily around stationary or infantry-based AA (unless it guards the primary target, that is).

For Yuri, it goes in fact more or less the same; lack of effectiveness against well-armored air units (but Gattling Tanks are more effective than Flak Tracks and better against ground targets as well).

#12 TheQuackSavior

TheQuackSavior

• Members
  • 216 posts
  •  WAAAAAHH!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:54 AM

Still, that doesn't solve the main problem with Soviet AA; it just isn't effective enough against single (heavily armored) air units or well spread out air units.

The main weakness of all Soviet AA is that it can't scratch armored air units, especially if their armor/speed ratio is too high (Kirov, Starflare, Mig currently). What doesn't really help is that planes can fly easily around stationary or infantry-based AA (unless it guards the primary target, that is).

For Yuri, it goes in fact more or less the same; lack of effectiveness against well-armored air units (but Gattling Tanks are more effective than Flak Tracks and better against ground targets as well).

Sound good, to prevent the powerful aircraft such B2. Trains 20 harpoon and build some Gattling tank. :good:
Remember that the Migs were nerfed and

Starflares were removed in 3.0

What new Epsilon aircraft is starflare replacement? Black/Brunez

Edited by General Recon, 18 July 2011 - 04:56 AM.

Boom! I'm back, babies!

#13 Aasgier

Aasgier

title available

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:53 AM

Offcourse, General Recon, but it still goes for Kirov's and for any kind of well-armored air unit they may implement in 3.0 .

#14 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:11 AM

You'll see when you'll see. If you'll see it at all. :p
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#15 TheQuackSavior

TheQuackSavior

• Members
  • 216 posts
  •  WAAAAAHH!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:27 PM

You'll see when you'll see. If you'll see it at all. :p

Until the MO 3.0 beta release.

PS: I'll not to wait Ares 0.2 anymore. But I'll wait for Ares 0.3

Boom! I'm back, babies!

#16 MichaelJ.

MichaelJ.
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:11 PM

Welcome,Mike.

Hello
I have to say: We are loving it! --So am I~

Have to say that we play random maps only, mostly without water/ships and without Superweapons. --Well,sea battel is more interesting,I think.

Allied vs. Soviets:
Industrial Plant & Soviet Palace vs. Ore Purifier: The soviet Palace is too much, free Money when allies have nothing --Well,135% after you build Ore Purifier,you'll see how good if your Chrono Miner is collecting vauleable ore.

Tanks cannot be damaged with Anti-Air as soon as they are out of the Plane). Why not dropping Enforcers ;) --Cant?

Free permanent Repair Drone vs. "one time Heal" (yes I know Allies have the IFV with Engineer, but costs Money anyways)

Migs vs. Harrier: Migs are too powerful against Vehicles and Soviets have already Kirovs --Well,Allied has been very powerful on AA,you knnow it~

Rhino is cheap and powerful. Nothing Allies can counter with (except USA) --Mirage Tank is also powerful.

A mix of Teslas & Rhinos, there is nothing an Allied player can do (at least me) --1 Jumpjet is enough.I mean you should use aircrafts.
Centurion: equiped with Boris and Tesla Troopers, thats a badass, kills allied units easily. --Aircraft and Mirage Tank~

Same goes for the commando who was able to kill spiders with one shot in YR --But always Boris cant fight with a lot of tanks.You can use 2IFV+2Engnieer+any tanks to anti spiders.

Soviets vs. Soviets
Kirovs: Not much you can do against 3 Kirovs heading to your Base. They are overpowered and too fast and Soviet Flaktrak and Flak Cannon as well as the Flak Troopers even in Masses have a hard time stopping them. --Try Siege Choopers?
Apocalypse: its soooo slow and it makes no sense building them, two Rhinos will do the same --Use Mobile War Factries maybe a good way?Halftrack, Flak Cannon and Flak Troopers could be a bit more effective

Allied Units:

Rocketeer: no longer as powerful as they where in YR, and so they are pretty useless cause too expensive --I think it's just use for AA.

Navy Seal: ok, no longer a one shot killer, but let him at least kill spiders with one shot, as it was in YR. --IFV + seal.

Mirage Tank, Prism Tank: could it be that they are not as powerful against vehicles as they were in YR? --Mirage Tank is very powerful if you produces a lot.Also Prism Tank,and you should mix with 2 Battel Fortress,with GGI & Prism Trooper.

Battle Fortress: they could be a bit more powerful. Filled with Guardian GI´s they are really expensive and when killed, even the GI´s are gone :( --Fill Prism Troopers is better than fill GIs.

In General:

Best Mike

Anyway,I'm glad to see you wrote such a long thread in your opinion,maybe you're really a good player of MO~

Hi, thank you for your input.
I was on vaccation and so I have to try out some of the tactics you suggested.

I agree that the Mirage Tank is useful in Masses, but not when moving and not vs. Tesla Tanks.
We tried a lot and I think the Tesla Tank is the most overpowered Unit on the Soviet side.
They rip through everything. BF, Mirage Tanks, etc. etc. Even Spiders and Boris/Tanja/Rhan are pretty helpless against it.

Btw. after playing some more Skirmishes I think that Juris Drilling Unit is pretty unfair. There is always a way to get some low guarded structures with engineers. :(

#17 MichaelJ.

MichaelJ.
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:23 PM

Soviets have sucky AA. Barracuda's can maul a Soviet base, just target their Flak Cannons first (or a Nuke plant/important buildings built at wrong places).

The Allies have on the other hand a VERY powerful offense. Battle Fortresses with Guardian GI's and large groups of Prism Tanks, together with some repair IFV's, and the AI has no way of answering. The Backwarp can heal a lot of damage at once if needed (especially useful for Battle Fortresses). As Great Britain, you have Aeroblazes which can swat Migs out of the sky in seconds (if the Battle Fortresses don't manage it.

Also, Soviets can't do anything about Kirov Airships unless these fly over Apocalypses (the best thing about Apocalypses is that they can target everything and are the best AA unit for the soviets).

Allied and Yuri aren't weak against themselves. Soviets are - therefore I find them great as a support side, but their defense is flawed unlike the Allied (Yuri's defense tend to be weaker than Allied). Soviet has a very good offense (better than Allied) and the very powerful Centurion, which isn't too expensive. The Allies have an even more powerful offense, but this requires quite a few very expensive units (Battle Fortresses and Chrono Prison's among them) and therefore it takes longer to get your offensive group in order... while Soviets can already cause havoc with only four or five Kirov's provided someone didn't fill his base with AA (but in that case a Centurion will do).

I do agree that BF is a pretty nice allied unit. But its to expensive and when filled with Guardian GIs and destroyed the GIs will get killed too. That sucks. For that money Soviet can build 3-4 Tesla Tanks that kill the BF easily.

The Prism Tanks are great against buildings but not that great vs. Heavy Armed Vehicles like Rhinos or Teslas.
Battling on open ground I will take out the Prisms with Teslas first. The weak armor and lack of speed make them a easy target.

#18 Aasgier

Aasgier

title available

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:14 AM

I do agree that BF is a pretty nice allied unit. But its to expensive and when filled with Guardian GIs and destroyed the GIs will get killed too. That sucks. For that money Soviet can build 3-4 Tesla Tanks that kill the BF easily.

The Prism Tanks are great against buildings but not that great vs. Heavy Armed Vehicles like Rhinos or Teslas.
Battling on open ground I will take out the Prisms with Teslas first. The weak armor and lack of speed make them a easy target.

That works, but only if you're Russia... and also because of the 20% armor boost. However, chances are I use Great Britain, which provides a general 15% armor boost as well. Also, you can always unload your battle fortress if it is crippled beyond any use. Something I usually do.

#19 MichaelJ.

MichaelJ.
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:38 PM

That works, but only if you're Russia... and also because of the 20% armor boost. However, chances are I use Great Britain, which provides a general 15% armor boost as well. Also, you can always unload your battle fortress if it is crippled beyond any use. Something I usually do.

Yep, we usually play Russia because of the Armor Boost and those nasty tesla tanks.
Played as Allied today, the only way to stop a mix of Teslas/Rhinos is on higher ground with a bottleneck. Trees and Prism as backup will hold them off. Had 3 filled BF, but they will get targeted first.
Even if I would manage to unload them, Rocketeers vs. Tesla Tanks = Toasted!
BF fully loaded is around 4000 and builds pretty slow.

#20 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:00 PM

Guys, I suggest that you wait for 3.0 beta before posting balance suggestions. 2.0 won't be updated anymore and 3.0 will have a different balance of power than the other one.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users