11 replies to this topic

#1 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:22 PM

The original topic for helping with TFD installations was a work in progress, and many of the problems were unforseen, so they aren't addressed until later in the topic. I've taken all the most important notes and make a single step-by-step to fixing any install of Remix.

1. Uninstall ZeroHour, and Delete the entire folder. Now re-install ZeroHour. We don't want any other files lurking around from failed installs of Remix, previous versions, or any other mod. Test ZeroHour to make sure it runs correctly without any mods.

2. Open your ZerHour folder. Go to /Data/Ini/ Delete any files you see here. ZH doesn't need it to run because there is a copy of "INIZH.Big" in the root folder, but they will override any mod files.

3. Run the Remix installer. Point it at the root folder of your ZeroHour install. In your game folder you should have four !Remix_ .big files. Audio, Art, Data, INI. (these must be directly in the folder where ZeroHour is installed) There should also be a RemixTools folder.

4. Inside the RemixTools folder you should find "Generals.csf.mod" and "SkirmishScripts.scb.mod". If they do not say ".mod" the end, but they show up as movies drop down to Step 100!. Now, rename "Generals.csf.mod" to "Generals.csf" and rename "SkirmishScripts.scb.mod" to "SkirmishScripts.scb"

5. Copy "Generals.csf" into your /Data/English folder

6. Copy "SkirmishScripts.scb" into your /data/Scripts folder

7. Start the game from the normal ZH icon, or the Remix icon. Play and enjoy. Enjoy is mandatory.

100. You have "Hide known File Extensions turned on. This is a terrible feature that makes life difficult for windows users. You need to turn it off.

101. Open "my computer"

102. Tap ALT-T one time, this will open your drop down tools.

103. Tap O, this will open the options.

104. click on the VIEW tab.

105. Uncheck "Hide Extensions for known file types"

106. click OK and now look in the folder. you'll see the proper file extensions now and can change the extension the same way you rename a file. Return to Step 4.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#2 Guest_Robert_*

Guest_Robert_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:50 AM

Does that mean you can't play normal zh with remix installed?

#3 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:12 AM

Exactly, that's so with most mods

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Guest_menemi_*

Guest_menemi_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:27 PM

why is there no GLA generals?

#5 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:53 PM

Cause in that public version GLA wasn't yet finished

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:22 PM

why is there no GLA generals?

you have an old version. Go to ModDB and get the latest version of Remix Escalation.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#7 Tomeistery

Tomeistery
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:38 PM

When we download it, do we just have to click on the installer and follow the instructions, or do we have to move some files?

#8 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:52 PM

When we download it, do we just have to click on the installer and follow the instructions, or do we have to move some files?

If running the installer doesn't work then try the steps above.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:54 PM

When you don't have the First Decade Edition that's it

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Tomeistery

Tomeistery
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:06 PM

How do we know of it's first decade? I've never understood that.

#11 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:33 PM

How do we know of it's first decade? I've never understood that.

on the 10th anniversary of the first CnC game EA released a bundle pack called "CnC: The First Decade". It used a different installer and a different registry from the first release of ZeroHour. This caused lots of problems. Other than that it's the same game and version number.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Guest_Medve_*

Guest_Medve_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2011 - 03:24 PM

I have made a sort of in-house solution for TFD with pretty much all mods out there, but it was originally intended for Remix.
When we want to play Remix on TFD, we do the following:

Install TFD unofficial patch 1.03:
http://games.softped...load-29345.html

Then install this little pack I put together (instructions inside):
http://dl.dropbox.co...10107/ZHFix.rar

If you need an explanation of what my pack is, it's basically a NoCD crack, and a crashfix. Zero Hour never detected my TFD disk, so I applied this crack. The options.ini is a fix for an error on some Win7/Vista systems where the game freezes at the splashscreen. Note that I also use the Conra netfix, it helps with desyncs, which apparently seems to be the prime weapon of Tank general. The closer we get to winning, the more likely it is to desync :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users