3 replies to this topic

#1 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:49 PM

The previous change log topic was completely overrun with off topic discussions. I need this topic clean and easy to read so I can track the work I've done. I'm sharing it here so everyone can enjoy the news. Btw, work on the mod has resumed again and I should be adding to this topic regularly.

Changes so far for the in-development version.

Fixed crash when clicking on Demo GLA tunnel network
VTOL Optimization no longer takes up a landing slot.
Chem GLA Marauder no longer disappears from the build list when you choose a tech tree.
Removed Build limit on USA Radar truck
Stealth General Fake buildings have been fully removed.

Early game infantry rushes are getting nerfed. Several infantry specific changes are being made, as well as improved anti-infantry options for all generals.

Creator's edited Gamedata.ini has been included to improve network stability and reduce mis-match errors.

The infantry rush balance changes are done.

------
All infantry take more damage from explosion weapon types.
Basic artillery units for all generals now do less damage but more splash.
------
--> Artillery are much more effective vs infantry but slightly weaker vs tanks.

------
Single Infantry build times returned to ZH standard (up 400%), costs remain Remix standard.
Early game squads build in 60% of the time PER TROOP. (ie: 1 ranger in 6 seconds, or 5 rangers in 18 seconds)
All Squads require Escalation 1
------
--> Single infantry build slow, squads build fast. Squads require Escalation1 to prevent mob rushing.

------
Infantry General's Basic infantry still build in half the time of other faction's basic infantry.
Infantry General's Elite infantry build times went up only 50% (instead of 400%).
------
--> Infantry general's troops take longer to build than in the previous version, but are significantly shorter than other generals.
--> Elite infantry are now much more practical in the late game compared to standard troops.

Additional anti-infantry balance changes.

Spider mines are now highly resistant to infantry missiles and small_arms. They are better suited for anti-infantry now.

Gun Drones damage increased dramatically. They should now mow down infantry.

Dragon tanks, 25% increase range and 200% increase splash area. More effective vs hordes.

Stealth Generals 50cal sites, 50% faster fire and 25% longer range.

Other changes,

Stealth stinger sites, anti-tank missiles now do 25% more damage and have damage type changed to armor piercing.

Stealth GLA monuments will no longer spawn angry mobs

Skynet will now launch drones to defend itself.

------
Dozers will have a "Defenses" Command set where all defenses will be displayed.
Modular defenses will be split up into separate defenses built from the Defenses command set.
------
--> This will reduce the number of "clicks" needed to build a defense line.

bug fixes:

Black Squadron Upgrade no longer takes up a spot on the airfield.
F106 now has correct icon.
Slth GLA scud launcher (mobile) has been removed to fix issues with the stationary launcher.
Tien Mu now limited to 1 during T-Mode games.
Tomahawk Launchers now have correct guard radius

Stealth General Purchased powers now build faster and cost less.

AirForce General B-1 Lancer now starts with Half the Payload. After Escalation 2 it can be upgraded for "Extended Bays" at the Air control Tower.

Cobra Heli now lines up on the target before firing it's guns.

All upgrades now correctly show the "upgrade" colored border on the button, this includes escalation levels.

GLA no longer suffer "low power" build speed penalties.

Max particle caps have been raised (will test for performance and stability impact).
--> will prevent fire or acid from disappearing while they are still active. I hate driving into a poison field because it wasn't visible.

All non-map resources are now limited build and equal to each other. At max capacity you can produce 30 resources per second from your supply centers.

Supply Drop Zones limited to 3, cost reduced to 1100, no power required.

Black Markets limited to 3, cost reduced to 1100

Internet Centers are limited to 1.
Hackers are unlimited, but can only hack inside an internet center.
Single Hackers have reduced cost to 100, 5 second build time, and can be built without an internet center
Hacker X8 teams build in 20 seconds for 8, but require an internet center.

Chemical Exports, Cash Bounties, War on Terror Funding, Oil Exports, etc are now much more valuable because they can greatly raise your non-map income.

Supply Docks now have near unlimited money, they should never run out during a "normal" game round.

Irradiator range has been slightly improved to let it kill missile troops.
Irradiator range with Irradiator upgrade has been improved slightly more than the improvement above.

The original Iron Dragon (circa: Contra 0.2) has been removed from all China factions.

Fixed an exploit that could allow certain factions to harvest at 6 times normal speed, no I will not describe it here

Nuke General Tech Lab now has correct portrait when selected.

Contra 08 "YenWang" has been adapted as a replacement for the Flame General's Iron fist. It has Flame, TBM, and Thermite missiles on a player toggle. It is treated as a Hero unit, build limit 1.

SupW General has a new Rank 1 General's power. "Emergency Systems".

When used it will give 60 seconds of backup power and radar to keep your base running even if you have lost all your power plants. It will have a long recharge window.

The effort to remove all modular defenses and replace them with a "Defense Menu" on dozers is going well. I've completed USA and China. I expect to have GLA complete by COB today.

I'm also making some changes to Infantry General's heavy base defenses, this is a work in progress, but will be included next release.

Infantry generals SRM and Cluster mine defenses have been removed.

The Artillery Spotter base defense now requires the Artillery Relay at the Relay center.

The Heavy AA defense will be replaced with a unique AA defense structure, design pending. The old model was ugly, and with the old Tank general Manticor being replaced I think it's time for this model to go with it.

A new Heavy cluster Mine defense is being added. It will function much like the old one, but will create larger mine fields at longer range. It requires the Cluster Mine Relay at the Relay center.

The Infantry Drop Zone is being grouped with the defenses. It requires the Infantry Drop Relay at the Relay center.

The Neutron Mines upgrade now requires the Cluster Mine Relay.

All generals have their Purchased powers and General's powers selectors consolidated. The purchased powers button is hidden, but still in the code, so if a general ever NEEDS it again it can come back quickly.

I've finished putting all base defenses on a defenses command bar for dozers.

the SupW SDI cannon now has a "quick select" button on the side bar. This is useful for quickly changing to Ballistic Overwatch during Nuke attacks etc.

Flame China TBM Upgrade now costs much more and takes much longer to research.

YanWang is built at Tech2 with only Flame missiles. The Thermite Rank1 power unlocks the Thermite Missiles. TBM upgrade unlocks TBM missiles.

The blast delay on most TBM warheads have been greatly reduced. The smaller the warhead the faster it detonates.

Just a heads up for everyone. I know I haven't posted much this month, but there has been progress and activity in the staff section.

The sell button has been returned to BASE DEFENSES. This should help with power management and moving front lines. They will not return money though.

Laser General's Physics Lab has been touched up with additional tech lab add-ons and it now properly fits it's base area.

Shield Tech has been added to laser general's tech choices. (it had been dropped from the list, but has made a comeback.)

Stealth General black market powers have had their build time further reduced to compensate for the build limit on black markets.

Infantry General now has The Heavy Cluster Mortar. It comes in both a unit and defense version and requires the cluster mine relay tech tree.

Dark skies Fogger Zeppelin no longer requires the Rank 5 unlock. "Chemical Delivery" description updated to include both Toxin and Acid tech trees.

Mithral AA Anti-Air range now as long as Avenger AA range. Mithral Anti-missile range is unchanged.

Updated all Faction Descriptions.

Renamed Laser General to Research General (not exciting, but very accurate)

Super Weapon General's F117 and F14 bombs now receive EMP and emitter upgrades
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#2 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:06 PM

Infantry General Heavy Minefield Mortar tank is now in game. Like the old mine-mortar it deploys minefields at long range. It has a special ability to quickly fire 5 shells with higher scatter to create a large minefield in the target area. It requires minefield specialization.

Micro General Light Drone Controller now has artillery armor (was tank armor) and must be stationary to launch drones. It's cost and build time have been raised.

AirF general Cobra helicopters are now an AoE anti-infantry unit. Their effectiveness vs tanks has been greatly diminished.

Edited by Pendaelose, 21 July 2011 - 09:04 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#3 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:33 AM

Robot General now has Aggressive AI with support for Micro and Macro. Passive and Insane to follow soon.

Light Drone controllers and drones launched half half the health of previous versions.

Edited by Pendaelose, 25 July 2011 - 06:39 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Vince

Vince
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:48 PM

Not completely relevant to this topic but when you are playing research gen. why does gravity displacement only show up when you select multiple (osiris?) main battle tanks? If I select just one it doesn't show up and if I select multiple tanks it doesn't seem to work.

edit: right the bug report tread... Woops

Edited by Vince, 31 July 2011 - 05:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users