2 replies to this topic

#1 Madin

Madin

title available

• Hosted
  • 686 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:47 PM

Making History

Back when I was coming up with a draft for the 'Tiberian History' mod I had few basic things which I wanted done, and which I felt were reasonable, in addition to the more fanciful ideas. The hope was that even if these more fanciful ideas never came to fruition, then at least the basics could be taken care of and I'd be satisfied.
Of the basic plans for the Nod side were the replacement of the Scorpion tank with a Tiberian Dawn style Bradley, the addition of the M113 Tiberian Dawn APC, the replacement of the Beam cannon with the Tiberian Dawn M110, the replacement of the laser defenses with the Tiberian Dawn turret and the removal of the Avatar.

Most of these have been accomplished and today I can introduce a new nightmare for GDI players:

2coo8eg.jpg

The APC!
There are differences to the GDI APC of course and there is no doubt that the GDI APC has more functionality (infantry cannot fire out of Nods APC, nor does it have special abilities similar to the mine laying abilities of the GDI APC), although for those commanders who use their APCs to fight infantry, the Nod APC ability to run infantry over is probably worth more than all of the GDI versions tricks, but it basically comes down to Nod being able to match the GDI opening 'APC-Engineer' move.

149z8yt.jpg
"Oh no not this! ... anything but this!"

And speaking of that notorious opening move will it survive? there are talks of introducing a drop delay (a short period of time during which infantry exiting an APC cannot move) and also removing the 'collide pick up' ability (the ability for an APC travelling at speed to pick up infantry travelling at speed, a vital component in the APC-engineer move).

Whatever happens it has just got a whole lot safer for Nod engineers and commandos!

namman2 model and texture, conversion to C&C3 by Black_Drakon.

Edited by Madin, 07 September 2019 - 02:54 AM.

#2 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:37 PM

Looks very nice, but shouldn't it have urban camo like the rest of Nod?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Madin

Madin

title available

• Hosted
  • 686 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:54 PM

The rest of Nod? Isn't it about 50\50?

There is no suggestion that the flame tank, attack bike, buggy and stealth tank use the urban scheme. Conversely the APC and Bradley do.

I kind of like it that way has it suggest that Nod are not organised or structured in the traditional way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users