11 replies to this topic

#1 the-king112

the-king112

Downloader

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  I don't have a position

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:14 AM

I just downloaded this mod and I think it's great, however there a few things I think need to be changed. The production time of units takes WAY to long, along with that I think it would be great if SEE included the original BFME campaign, possibly modified.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:51 AM

Oh god not you again.

safsignature.png

#3 Námo

Námo

• Project Team
  • 1,291 posts
  • Projects:Middle-earth Lore, Cartography & Linguistics

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:43 AM

The production time of units takes WAY to long ...

The production time of SEE is rapidly approaching infinity.
... elen síla lúmenn´ ómentielvo ...
... a star shines on the hour of our meeting ...
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#4 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:35 AM

The production time of units takes WAY to long

That was and is the original plan of SEE...

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#5 Guest_Thorin_*

Guest_Thorin_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:12 PM

You know , stop complaining or critizing mods will not make things better , guy . I'll highly suggest to take your temper down since it's really annoying now .

#6 Dúnedain76

Dúnedain76

Misty Mountain Hop

• Division Admins
  • 451 posts
  •  Mapper, Artist, Coder
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:The3rdAge Admin

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:21 PM

Well said guest.

#7 the-king112

the-king112

Downloader

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:57 PM

Oh god not you again.

If you have a problem why don't you just say it. I already proved you wrong once.

You know , stop complaining or critizing mods will not make things better , guy . I'll highly suggest to take your temper down since it's really annoying now .

First off how am I being annoying and how is my temper going up? This is a suggestion thread, and I don't see why I can't make a suggestion, if you are going to sit here a troll on me, then get the hell out because this sub forum is for suggestions and development.

Now if you all are going to hate on me because I made one suggestion, then fine. But I'm just contributing and throwing in my 2 cents, I don't see why people have to snap and freak out over one suggestion.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:08 PM

Read this.

PLEASE NOTE

* This mod is a SKIRMISH mod only!!! (So far!) Campaign and WotR is NOT supported (yet)!
* This mod is MUCH SLOWER that EA's dreadfully annoying rush-original, and it is MEANT to be that way!!!
* This mod is focused on S T R A T E G Y rather than action... in EARLY game! The author (me) is a great lover of real classical strategy games like Settlers (IV) and such, and that's why I wanted SEE to play more like a classic strategy game with more time to build massive bases with strategical layout, and plan your attacks with no unrealistic rush. BUT, you will get PLENTY of action LATER in the game though, when all players have had time to gather resources, build their bases and raised their armies! About 20-30 mins into the game, things DO heat up more and more - trust me!!!

That is all. Calm down. You seem to have a habit of suggesting things that are completely outside of the mod's aim, and not in the most persuasive, subtle tone either. Most mods have a core "idea" behind them, and slowing down the game is part of SEE's core idea. Suggesting to suddenly change the direction of that core does not sit well with members who understand what the mod is about. It's like logging onto a chess forum and telling them that you think pawns should be allowed to move backwards across the board "because it allows for more dynamic strategy". It's just not part of what the creator intended.

Edited by Matias, 17 July 2011 - 06:19 PM.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#9 Guest_Thorin_*

Guest_Thorin_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:36 PM

I was a bit rude , but wasn't you agressive when you tell "the more factions , the better " in the other thread ? and wrote "Speed up " is an agresssive tone ! and I won't go out of here , because , as you wrote , it's a suggestiobn thread , so I get the right to freely express what I think . And if you paid a bit more attention you should have seen that Nazgul is missing for a while now , he has his own life to face , so I don't know for sure if he'll reply to your post . If you think it's not enough fast or good to you , change or tweak the ini ....

#10 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:15 PM

Oh god not you again.

If you have a problem why don't you just say it. I already proved you wrong once.

No you didn't. And my problem with you is exactly what Matias said.

safsignature.png

#11 the-king112

the-king112

Downloader

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:04 PM

Are there still plans for a story mode based on the movie?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Dúnedain76

Dúnedain76

Misty Mountain Hop

• Division Admins
  • 451 posts
  •  Mapper, Artist, Coder
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:The3rdAge Admin

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:24 AM

Most likely not.