Best superweapon

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Tomeistery

Tomeistery
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:18 PM

What is the best sw in these catogries and overall: damage, reload time, effect on base(emp ect) and ability to guarantee a hit.

Edited by Tomeistery, 18 July 2011 - 08:46 AM.

#2 Vince

Vince
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:43 PM

It aint the strongest but for me the ICBM is the best. It aint that strong on its own but I usualy spam 3-7 of them. Especially when you upgrade them with the hydrogen bomb you can devastate any enemy base with 3 missiles.

I don't know which is the best in damage, is the MIRV in Remix Escalation? I thought that one was.

Reload time: not a clue.

What do you mean by effect on base? The same as damage?

Guarantee a hit: Artillery barrages, Ion canon and the particle beam are 100% guaranteed to hit.

#3 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:08 PM

Laser General's particle cannon does 50% more damage than in classic ZH. It makes it GREAT at killing enemy superweapons and command centers. It has a 4 minute reload, and is the best "quick reload" superweapon.

Nuke General's basic nuke reloads in just 5 minutes, making it a very nice quick reloading superweapon. It can be upgraded for more damage and longer lasting radiation too.

For raw effect the Demo general's "Day of Terror" (Martyr's Call) is probably my favorite superweapon for ending a battle. 8 min reload.

AirF general's Saturation Bombing is probably the highest damage of any weapon, but the bombers can be shot down. 8 min reload.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#4 Tomeistery

Tomeistery
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:22 PM

What about super weapon generals sw's?

#5 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:54 PM

What about super weapon generals sw's?

superweapon's ICBMs are a great superweapon, but their power doesn't come from how large or fast they reload...

ICBMs are available at T2. Most other generals have to wait until T3 for something as good. Then, in the late game you upgrade those ICBMs with H-Bombs and they are one of the most powerful superweapons in the game.... not only that, you've been building them sense mid-game, and the countdowns can be ready to fire when you get your upgrade. Add in that SupW is better prepared to defend her superweapons and you have a monster turtle.

it's very wicked, but it's the circumstance that makes it so wicked, not the weapon itself. There are better superweapons if you're comparing one weapon to another without looking at the whole situation. the ICBM by itself is mediocre, and the H-Bomb does less damage than the MIRV. It is MUCH more likely to land it's shot on your base though.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#6 Tomeistery

Tomeistery
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:15 PM

What did you say is more likely to land the shot-MIRV of h-bomb.
What do you think I can do to keep myself going untill I can install it?

#7 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:03 PM

What did you say is more likely to land the shot-MIRV of h-bomb.

They're both missiles fired across the map, so they have the same odds of "landing" as any other nuke... pretty darn sure unless an SDI stops it.

The difference is an H-Bomb starts as an ICBM built in T2 of the game. A player can get his first ICBM up and running about 6 or 7 minutes into the match. It's a 7 minute countdown, so it should be ready to fire around the 14th minute of the match. The H-Bomb upgrade is available after T3 and General's rank 5. You can have both of these in under 15 minutes if you work hard at it. The H-Bomb upgrade takes about 5 minutes to research, so on the 20th minute you can drop an H-Bomb from every T2 ICBM you've built... if you time things right you can even fire the ICMB once before you have the H-Bombs ready, and still have it set for a second round when they are ready.

A MIRV requires the nuke player to have T3, his nuke missile, AND a MIRV upgrade that takes a couple more minutes. Then he has to build the MIRV launcher and wait for it's 8 minute count down. If a Nuke player is fast he can get his first MIRV fired around 25 minutes into the game, maybe just a little sooner, but not much. He can't even start building his MIRV silo until the 17'th minute or so... by then he's taken multiple ICBM hits and the enemy H-Bomb is already counting down.

The MIRV is more powerful, by a long shot, but the ICBM/H-Bomb is much more likely to destroy him.

What do you think I can do to keep myself going untill I can install it?

It's just one more day until Tuesday man... be strong, you'll survive. I once spent 4 years in Iraq without internet and I didn't die, you can live one more day without Remix. I know it's hard, Remix is like one of my children to me, but with fewer limbs, and it never hugs me... ... ... :sad2: .... ..... anyhow... you'll be OK.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Vince

Vince
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:44 PM

Remix is like one of my children to me, but with fewer limbs, and it never hugs me... ... ... :sad2: .... .....

< useless post mode >

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

</ useless post mode >

#9 Tomeistery

Tomeistery
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:09 PM

Ok. One more thing, can an h bomb destroy a command centre or sw? Is it more powerful than a normal nuke?

#10 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:34 AM

Ok. One more thing, can an h bomb destroy a command centre or sw? Is it more powerful than a normal nuke?

It's much more powerful than a normal nuke. A command center or Superweapon will survive, but just barely, and some factions may not even survive then.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Tomeistery

Tomeistery
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:26 AM

As for mini supers- are aurora equivalent to them? Are aurora alphas better than betas?

#12 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:07 PM

As for mini supers- are aurora equivalent to them? Are aurora alphas better than betas?

Auroras have been rebalanced to be a mini-super. They remain super sonic much longer to vastly improve their odds of survival, however their reload has been increased to make them only attack as often as other mini-supers.

I don't have the "alpha" "beta" labels on mine, so that's tough to answer... I don't even remember who got those in vanilla ZH, it's been many years since I played vanilla.

Only AirF and SupW have auroras now. AirF's Aurora drops a mini-Moab and is the better of the two. SupW just drops a big bomb... SupW's does get EMP upgrades though.

In the last public release Laser had an Ion Aurora, but it's not in the next version.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Tomeistery

Tomeistery
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:53 PM

So what's lasers mini super? What about gla? Also, is the sw general powerful on end game?

Edited by Tomeistery, 19 July 2011 - 03:16 PM.

#14 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:10 PM

So what's lasers mini super? What about gla?

Since he became Research general his balance has become really unique.

No mini-Super
No T2 Superweapon
No Super Unit
No Hero

Instead he has a play style that adapt based on the tech's you've chosen. Even his general's powers are determined by what tech's you've chosen.

In the early game he has very little tech and is very weak. In the late game he has massive tech and is super powerful, but instead of being bigger units unlocking at each tech level his existing units get better as you add tech.

Most GLA factions have a base defense that can fire anywhere on the map. In most cases these are T2 defenses that require a T3 upgrade for the mini-super ability.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Tomeistery

Tomeistery
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:17 PM

Is the swg powerful in end game? Two hours to go!!!!

Edited by Tomeistery, 19 July 2011 - 03:21 PM.

#16 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:38 PM

Is the swg powerful in end game? Two hours to go!!!!

every general is powerful in the end game, assuming you have the resources and research to deliver. Some generals get super powerful end game units or weapons, others get an end game upgrade that makes their damage terrifying.

SupW has nearly untouchable base defenses in the end game. Long Arm launchers under shield generators is an overwhelming defense against land units. Toss in an SDI cannon and a few heavy AA sites and you're nearly indestructible while you wait for your H-Bomb apocalypse to warm up.

A side note, SupW shields are strong vs artillery, shells, missiles, etc... but super weapons and mini supers usually penetrate the shield with ease. An SDI cannon can stop super weapons to protect your shields while the shields protect your defense line.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Tomeistery

Tomeistery
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:20 PM

Does sdi protect from minisupers ?

#18 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:27 PM

Does sdi protect from minisupers ?

if they have a missile or shell to intercept, yes.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Tomeistery

Tomeistery
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:55 PM

So now I've got it,(w00t) whats the best combination for defenses the sw general could have?

#20 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:06 PM

So now I've got it,(w00t) whats the best combination for defenses the sw general could have?

A healthy blend of all the weapons is usually best.

You'll want plenty of 30mm guns to kill infantry
helfires are a must for tanks and artillery
AA sites in the back are a must too.

patriots are optional if you have all of the others

once you hit T2 Long arm sites are you're best friend. They are long range only and weak vs fast targets, but they murder large groups and artillery.

Heavy AA sites do the same as AA sites, just better.

at T3 you should build a second row of long arm sites... then upgrade them into support silos. Leave your front long arms non-upgraded.

Once you have everything else, build some shields and an SDI cannon.

Tank General passive AI is a good starting place to practice on.

Once you are ready to take on an Aggressive tank general or Demo general you will have to mix your artillery units and interceptors with your base defenses because of the masses of enemy artillery. Even for SupW general you have to use your units and defenses together vs the tougher AI or a skilled human player.

Edited by Pendaelose, 19 July 2011 - 05:08 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users