Question For Experianced Modders For The Benefit Of Myslef

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 newbkiller.williams

newbkiller.williams
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:43 PM

OK Hi everyone, i have basic knowledge in coding but its not enough for what i want. i would like to know what INI.
Files are required to create a new hero and put him into the game.
Second question ,
I would like to know how to make a CAH class into a minihorde and what file would be required also ive had a recent problem with the commandset.ini
I was editing the elven barracks so that it could build other units from a different factions barracks, so I did this successfully but when I attempted to select the the unit is said the structure has to be level 2.
So I upgraded the structure but it still wouldnt work
So i went back to the commandset.ini and put the upgrade needed in the structures commandset (upgradearcheryrangelevel2).
But when i went to click that it said this unit can not recieve this upgrade so im stuffed really, so i just removed the unit out of the structures commandset for now but i would really like to know what i did wrong, and the above questions aswell please.
thanks for reading =)

Edited by Radspakr, 04 August 2011 - 05:47 PM.
Syntax,Punctuation...

_[ ]_
{-_-}
THE LEGEND

#2 fienx001

fienx001
  • Members
  • 118 posts
  • Projects:The Door of Night | Fienx Mod
  •  Getting There

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:01 PM

This might help with the CAH and making your own hero: http://www.the3rdage...tem-116?addview

As for the upgrade and unit not being able to receive it, double check upgrade.ini and make sure that there isn't a building required to get the upgrade

Upgrade Upgrade_DwarvenBasicTraining
	DisplayName     		= UPGRADE:DwarvenBasicTraining
	Type            		= OBJECT
	Tooltip				= UPGRADE:DwarvenBasicTraining
	BuildCost				= DWARVEN_PERSONAL_BASIC_TRAINING_BUILDCOST
	BuildTime				= DWARVEN_PERSONAL_BASIC_TRAINING_BUILDTIME
	;ResearchCompleteEvaEvent			= UpgradeBannerCarrierReady
	RequiredObjectFilter	= NONE +DwarfBarracks ;;;<------------------------------------------------------------make sure this isn't in the upgrade_ ...
	StrategicIcon			= AptStrategicUnitUpgradeBannerCarrier
End

Posted Image

#3 newbkiller.williams

newbkiller.williams
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:44 PM

yeah i fixed the upgrade.ini thing thanks alot and ill check that post out aswell thankyou very much

Edited by newbkiller.williams, 04 August 2011 - 04:45 PM.

_[ ]_
{-_-}
THE LEGEND

#4 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  • Projects:Middle-Earth Expanded
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:47 PM

Someone merge his 3 topics on the same thing please... Make one topic and if people dont look at it right away then well just wait people usually answer within 24 hours

#5 kazenokoeki

kazenokoeki
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:23 PM

I was editing the elven barracks so that it could build other units from a different factions barracks, so I did this successfully but when I attempted to select the the unit is said the structure has to be level 2.
So I upgraded the structure but it still wouldnt work
So i went back to the commandset.ini and put the upgrade needed in the structures commandset (upgradearcheryrangelevel2).
But when i went to click that it said this unit can not recieve this upgrade so im stuffed really, so i just removed the unit out of the structures commandset for now but i would really like to know what i did wrong, and the above questions aswell please.
thanks for reading =)

xD, the elven barracks need in its code somthing that use the upgrade, like in the battle tower to recive fire arrows upgrade:

Behavior = WeaponSetUpgrade ModuleTag_FireArrows
		TriggeredBy = Upgrade_SentryTowerFireArrows
	End

thats why it tells you that can't recive the upgrade i think, you can create a new button to build that horde, for example if you want to build a man of dale horde from elven barraks, you can do somthing like:

CommandButton Command_ConstructDwarvenMenOfDaleHordeFromElvenBarraks  (new name)
	Command				= UNIT_BUILD
	Object				= DwarvenMenOfDaleHorde
	Options				= CANCELABLE NEED_UPGRADE
;	;NeededUpgrade			= Upgrade_DwarvenArcheryRangeLevel2       !!HERE!!
	NeededUpgrade		        = Upgrade_ElvenBarracksLevel2   (should said this)

TextLabel			= CONTROLBAR:ConstructDwarvenMenOfDale
	ButtonImage			= BDArcheryRange_MenofDale
	ButtonBorderType	        = BUILD 
	DescriptLabel		        = CONTROLBAR:ToolTipBuildDwarvenMenOfDaleHorde
	Radial				= Yes
	InPalantir	   		= Yes
	ShowProductionCount	        = Yes
   	UnitSpecificSound               = GondorArcherVoiceBuy      
End

it should work for almost any horde, i hope it help you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users