what is wrong with my code ?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 newbkiller.williams

newbkiller.williams
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:25 PM

what is the problem with it ? i have a suggestion though , you know where you put 'end' in some parts isnt it supposed to be 'End' (with capital) not sure, just a suggestion

*UPDATE* its not to do with the "End's" i changed them all , but to no avail

Attached Files

Edited by newbkiller.williams, 06 August 2011 - 06:35 PM.

_[ ]_
{-_-}
THE LEGEND

#2 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  • Projects:Middle-Earth Expanded
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:41 PM

What is the problem we cant help unless you tell us what exactly the problem is.

Edit:

Please refrain from using profanity. x cough x ...title... x cough x

Because i think that is one of the rules right? someone correct me if i am wrong.

Edited by Dragon Rider, 06 August 2011 - 04:50 PM.

#3 newbkiller.williams

newbkiller.williams
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:03 PM

the problem lies somewhere in this code but i cant identify it , you should be able to though your the one who made the tutorial and i have followed your instrcutions clear as day

Edited by newbkiller.williams, 06 August 2011 - 05:07 PM.

_[ ]_
{-_-}
THE LEGEND

#4 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:09 PM

can you speak more clearly please and you should start with beginner tutorials not intermediate. My tutorial for the hero works because i tested it first :p ill take a look through it. could delete all the post at the top and just upload the ini and put it in your description at the top. it would be easier for me to look through. and what i mean is does an error come up when you start the game? what does the error say?

Edited by Dragon Rider, 06 August 2011 - 05:10 PM.

#5 newbkiller.williams

newbkiller.williams
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:13 PM

ummm how do i uploadd the ini ?
_[ ]_
{-_-}
THE LEGEND

#6 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:15 PM

press edit post for your first post then click use full editor at the bottom of the editor there should be attach file click and and find the ini and upload it. and delete the code in your post also so that you only have the description and the uploaded file also remember to add the tile to post which will be an option once its uploaded. i have to go now ill be on in like 2 hours

#7 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:19 PM

Take out the code:

CommandPointsBonus 		= 2000

if should then work if not post here again with any more problems you encounter..

#8 newbkiller.williams

newbkiller.williams
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:47 PM

took it out it still wont work ill show you the new one , i really dont understand that yours can work and you did the tutorial and when i do it , it doesnt . i may have a kinda solution tho , you make a ini file for ElvenFingolfin paste it on here i can copy it see if it works and then use it in my gamei can also use it for future reference aswell

Attached Files

_[ ]_
{-_-}
THE LEGEND

#9 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:56 PM

Sorry but i am not going to do the work for you and you still havnt told me whats NOT working it will always tell you whats not working and if doesnt well then its working its as simple as that. All i did to make it work was I took out that code and replaced the name with one of my heroes in game and changed the portrait because i am not using the expansion. If an error message pops up post it.

Edited by Dragon Rider, 06 August 2011 - 08:58 PM.

#10 newbkiller.williams

newbkiller.williams
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 09:22 PM

im on vista so it doesnt say the problem it just crashes not like on xp where whre you get the exact number of the line ill try what you just did if it doesent work then ill say
_[ ]_
{-_-}
THE LEGEND

#11 newbkiller.williams

newbkiller.williams
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 09:27 PM

what do you mean by you change the name to one of your heros ingame ?
_[ ]_
{-_-}
THE LEGEND

#12 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 06 August 2011 - 09:51 PM

ya i changed the object name to my hero name so that i could see if an error popped up which it did because of the CommandPointsBonus.and then i ran it again after removing the commandpointsbonus and it worked. and i have it on vista so...

#13 newbkiller.williams

newbkiller.williams
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:13 AM

so you gave the guy another hero name in the game , but wouldnt that infringe with the hero thats already there ? and i fought you said you were on bfme2 the models and skins are from rotwk?
_[ ]_
{-_-}
THE LEGEND

#14 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 07 August 2011 - 04:23 PM

dude rotwk just adds more stuff the skin and model you were using are from all the games. all i did was take that code out and change the name thats it.ok all you have to do is take out that code and it should work and if it doesnt its because you screwed up a different ini

#15 newbkiller.williams

newbkiller.williams
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:12 PM

ok i jsut scrapped your tutorial decided i'd try doing it myself and viola it worked , its your codes on your tutorial you need to change for starts you poseted the buildcost twice in the same code bit
_[ ]_
{-_-}
THE LEGEND

#16 newbkiller.williams

newbkiller.williams
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:12 PM

ok i jsut scrapped your tutorial decided i'd try doing it myself and viola it worked , its your codes on your tutorial you need to change for starts you poseted the buildcost twice in the same code bit
_[ ]_
{-_-}
THE LEGEND

#17 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:28 PM

My tutorial works and plus i doubt you scraped it you probably just don't want to be wrong. i did everything right. if you were so good at coding you wouldn't of followed the tutorial in the first place. so don't give me that. this topic is now closed... and dont even try and fight me because i build cost is there one time. not twice the codes you added were incorrect not mine. after you do a tutorial you make sure it works before going more into it. and i know it works for you because i took it over to a friends and did it on his rotwk and it worked perfectly.... so instead of giving my tutorial a bad review why dont you start over with it and see if it works before you add your own code. and plus look at this tutorial: http://www.the3rdage...tem-154?addviewi followed this one to learn it and i created the tutorial based of this one. but mine has the experience levels portion also.

Edited by Dragon Rider, 08 August 2011 - 08:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users