• 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:17 PM

The following details are necessary to sign up for this RPG:

Name:
Starter pokémon: (You may only have one, and none that are considered rare or are evolved forms. There'll be time for that later. Nicknames to be included here as well.)
Hometown: (Any of the Kanto cities or 'a small village on the road from A to B' if you prefer.)
Background: (Can be anything you feel is relevant, from personal history to relevant skills to just something your character would wish to share. But within reason, please.)

That, I believe, is all. This ain't the gestapo. Start your own topic with your character's name as the title and I shall attend to it when I see it. My approval is required before you begin RP'ing in the storyline thread(s?).

Below is a list (currently unfinished) of common pokémon that are acceptable as starters. If your choice isn't on there, don't fret just yet. It probably will be sooner or later, unless you're being an idiot.

Bulbasaur The flower on a bulbasaur's back releases the seeds that ultimately grow into bellsprouts. The bulbasaur grows larger and stronger to accommodate the weight of the plant, reaching adulthood in around twenty years.

Charmander Combines the flame on its tail with flammable gases in its stomach to 'breathe' fire at its enemies. Grows to adulthood in around ten years, but its wings begin growing when it reaches adolescence.

Squirtle The runnels on its shell collect water while swimming, which is stored for use as a weapon or as sustenance. The cannonesque growths on its back begin forming from the shell in adolescence. Reaches adulthood in around thirty years.

Caterpie Does not remain in this form for long. Cocoons and emerges into butterfree, as which it remains for most of its life.

Butterfree Solitary creatures which search out pollen and carry it sometimes for miles. They eat insects and shy away from humans and other pokémon. Can have a wingspan of up to four feet.

Weedle Does not remain in this form for long. Cocoons and emerges into beedrill, as which it remains for most of its life.

Beedrill Live in swarms and are considered extremely dangerous in the wild. Their poison is not particularly strong, but they always attack in great numbers and will follow a perceived threat up to a few miles from their hive.

Pidgey An extremely common pokémon found all across Kanto. Commonly used as messenger birds. They grow to maturity in about four years.

Rattata An extremely common pokémon found all across Kanto. Largely seen as a pest, though too shy to be a threat. Difficult to catch.

Spearow Sometimes used as messenger birds. Grow to their full size in around threeyears.

Ekans Extremely venomous. Its bite can paralyse or kill with equal ease. Grows to its full size, which can reputedly be as long as twenty feet, in around six years.

Pikachu When they gather together they can cause minor electrical storms. Their electricity is generated by friction in their fur which is constantly bristling. They always return to mate at the site of the birth. These sites are always centred around lodestone deposits, also called thunderstone.

Sandshrew Grow a slightly weaker form of the calciferous exoskeleton of rock-types. They also have poisonous spines, but only as a defence. They eat mostly bugs and carrion. They grow to adulthood in around three years.

Nidoran Growth diverges dramatically along gender lines. However, both are extremely poisonous and fiercely territorial. They only grow to full maturity after they have returned to mate at the Mountains of the Moon.

Vulpix Can have anything between one and a dozen tails. Their stomach gases are extremely flammable, and they can make their breath extremely hot, enough to set the gases alight. They only grow to maturity while around sulphurous mineral deposits.

I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users