#1 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:58 AM

Name: Claire Valentine

Starter pokémon: a Shroomish loosely called Skirmish.

Hometown: a small place near Rustboro City, in the Hoenn region.

Background: She fairly recently moved here from the Hoenn region, come to live with her father for a while. Her parents are split, due to her father who seemed to always be working instead of being there for the family. Not much has changed recently in that respect, infact it seems to have gotten worse. Her father was a researcher at the Devon Corporation, but was contacted for a job in Kanto some time ago and has since lived in Saffron city. Despite his daughter moving up he still seemed as absorbed in whatever his work was than ever.

Claire has been feeling restless, wanting to get out of her mundane life and explore the world. Her mother(an ex pokemon trainer who now considers it a foolish career path) sent her to Kanto in the hopes that the change of scenery and pace would satisfy this itch for adventure, but its done nothing to dampen her aspirations to get out and become a pokemon ranger. In fact, its probably made it worse.

Clair's mind is set... weather she's in way over her head or not.

Edited by some_weirdGuy, 27 August 2011 - 04:45 AM.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:44 PM

Right. You're saying a mushroom/peach is 'cool'. I disagree entirely. No, I'm going to have to say you can't have that one. There would be some pretty hefty restrictions on carrying pokémon between regions that would probably mean some girl's pet mushroom wouldn't be allowed. The rest is fine, except for one point that I think may have been overlooked: bear in mind that our characters are not going to be children. The idea of sending 10-year-olds out into the world with only wild animals as protection is ridiculous. These people are adults who have decided that a life of fighting animals with superpowers is for them. Besides which, no trainer crew is going to agree to taking on a child while they're busy facing down fire-breathing monsters and whatnot. It's difficult enough looking out for yourself without needing to keep an eye on an unprepared child. (I'm not sure if you meant this character to be a kid, but that's what it read like. So yeah. Consider that idea vetoed if that's what you were going for.)
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#3 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:47 PM

Oh no she's not a child.
I know when I was a child I certainly didn't want to go out in the world, i was quite happy right where I was XD.

No I image her being a young adult, around 19, only recently come into her independence and watching to stretch her wings, finally of an age where it would be acceptable to go out alone(cause as you said, kids out on their own? pfft, bad parenting that is).

And these mushrooms(not peaches >:| ] are great pokemon! Their effect spores are a truly fantastic ability, and when they evolve they become Breloom, which not only look cool they also have the highest attack of all grass type pokemon.(which I just found out about then)

((And it may sound really childish to admit this but honestly I probably won't end up sticking around without it, seen as its pretty much the whole reason i'm joining this :X. I'm not such a huge pokemon fan to be honest, i just have a couple of favourites and my experience of the 3rd game to go by.
and I mean, wouldn't your anticipation be severely dampened too if your favourite pokemon wasn't going to be allowed in it? I accept and find it reasonable enough that I can't have all the ones I wanted, but to say I can't even have ONE of the ones I like? That definitely cuts away any eagerness I had worked up.))

So can you give me this one thing? It has no impact on the story(a pokemon is a pokemon, not like shroomish is functionally different from any other pokemon, its not even rare or super powered), or how things work, or anything of importance to anyone but myself.

I'm not asking you to add it to the list of wild pokemon, I'm just asking that my trainer has it as her starter.

Edited by some_weirdGuy, 25 August 2011 - 01:48 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:08 PM

Ugh, fine then. You can have your silly little mushroom, but don't be surprised if the other characters are all like "What the fuck is that thing?" when you roll up. You still need a name for your character, though.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#5 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:45 AM

Thank you. (you had my heart sinking man, i can tell you XD)

and I've finished up the character registration.

Posted Image

#6 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 09:18 AM

Okay then, you are approved. Onwards to glory!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users