German Version installation problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rainmaker

rainmaker
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:31 PM

I am trying to help out a friend with the German Command and Conquer version. I was remotely connected to his computer and followed the troubleshooting suggestions below, after getting those pink and white squares, but was unable to get it fixed. Are there any special tricks that I am unaware of that will get this working?

Thanks!

http://contra.cncgui...Eng/trouble.php
8) You see strings like "MISSING:bla-bla-bla" instead of names and descriptions of new units. The game can not load new language file. Everything works properly with English version, but it can be problems with non-English versions. Language file is packed inside "!Contra007-en.big". Unpack this file using FinalBig tool. This package contains only one file - generals.csf placed into /Data/English/ folder. Rename "English" folder. If you use German version - rename in into "German". If Spanish version - rename into "Spanish" and so on. Then pack everything back.

9) You see purple rectangles instead of buttons and unit icons. The reason is the same as in point 8. But this time you must unpack "!Contra007.big" package and rename "English" folder there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users