#1 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:18 PM

Name: Sebastian Callahan
Starter pokémon: Squirtle, ~15 years old (What exactly would it be looking like at this point? 30 years is a long time for adulthood) Nickname:
Abra. You did say that was fine, right? I'll wait to add more once you add it to the list with info. If not, probably squirtle. As I've been crafting this guy I've been adding a kind of love of the sea, so that might fit better. Yeah, probably going with that. Desperately want an Abra somewhere down the line though :p
Hometown: Vermilion.
Background: Every since he was little, he had a love for the sea. Something about it called to him. As such, he spent much of his youth at the beaches and the docks. At the age of 7 he found a very young squirtle, presumed it to be abandoned, and took it in. Naming her 'Thalassa', the two have been close ever since. As he reached working age, he began to work on the docks and on the ships as a sailor. After several years, however, he began to grow disillusioned with working under another, tied to where ever the Captain was headed while the sea called him to another. Therefore, at age 22, he left with the dream of someday being his own captain and sailing where ever the winds took him.

Hmmmm. It appears he's a bit of a romantic :p

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#2 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:29 PM

At 15 years old it would be a wartortle. I know 30 years is a long time to grow to adulthood, but equally they're giant turtles. They have a massive long slow life. That's just the way they are. But yeah, that's all fine, apart from the character's name, obviously. Would you like one of us to come up with a name for you? :p
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#3 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:43 PM

I suppose, I was just trying to find the line where she won't be overly strong at the beginning but still be able to reach a much more powerful state through the course of the RP.
That'd be great :p

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#4 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:11 PM

Ultimately, I think what makes a pokémon get stronger is practice in combat more than age. It'll naturally get bigger as it grows older, but it'll get tougher as it fights more. And size isn't everything. The bigger a squirtle becomes, the slower it gets. I don't think blastoises would be very fast at all. More lumbering. And I think by 15 years old it would also have started to develop the shoulder cannons that it gets in adulthood, but at the moment they'd probably not be much more than just protrusions on the shell.

Names, names... I'm going to name your character Sebastian Callahan, because I think they're both excellent names that I would be happy to possess. Feel free to come up with something else though.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#5 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:15 PM

Then it shall be so :p

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#6 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:52 AM

And I think by 15 years old it would also have started to develop the shoulder cannons that it gets in adulthood

Oh, are they keeping the shoulder cannons?

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:14 AM

Looks like it :p

#8 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:57 AM

Looks like it :p

Yeah. What I was interested in was how exactly are they explained given the "realism" premise of this RPG, since blastoise style cannons are anything but natural looking.

Thinking about it I would have maybe expected them being an attachment made by humans, such as them being part of a 'backpack' designed by/for firefigters to make blastoise basically into firetrucks, or something like that, instead of the cannons naturally growing on them.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image

#9 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 09:12 AM

No, they're natural cannons. Obviously that means they won't look exactly like they do in the game, but they will be similar. If you've ever played Warhammer 40k, think of the Tyranid units that have natural artillery. Biological artillery, that's what blastoises have. But it does take an awful long time to grow, and an even longer time for them to perfect it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users