#1 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:34 PM

Because I lack a name for a spy game that doesn't suck. Anyway... This spy game will be a lot like the James Bond movies: fast-paced, action-packed, and overflowing with improbable technology and hot women. We'll play as an elite team of agents tracking the activities of a global terrorist organization, and that cliched premise will never get old. Hopefully.

Anyone game?
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#2 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:03 PM

Comments? Suggestions? Sarcastic dismissals? (bump)

#3 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:14 PM

Are you planning this as another RP? Because if so, I would suggest you hold off for a little while. Pokémon's only just getting started, and Ash has already put his suggestion forward. We don't want to overstretch ourselves again while we're just starting to get back into the swing of things. Later on, though, I daresay a few people would be interested in invisible cars, underwater harpoon fights, laser sharks and space stations.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#4 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:30 PM

The villains would be hard to play in this, purely because they must always be foiled by a selection of rules from The Evil Overlord List and the inevitable gadgets people will invent for themselves to foil them.

And your mooks will automatically fail in their attempts to defeat the heroes. Only the Named Henchmen will have any hope, and even then they will only succeed in incapacitating the hero long enough for them to take the hero to their master's Secret Underground Base which, incidentally, only further advances the hero's efforts to defeat the villain. And the second encounter with the Named Henchman will result in said Henchman's untimely death. Because secret agents are made of even stronger plotanium than superheroes or fantasy elven characters. At least a supervillain and his Named Henchmen will generally escape to live to fight another day; not so with the spy villain's associates. :p

So I hope you'd be prepared to come up with a shitload of expendable NPCs and a lot of convoluted plotlines with easily-negotiable twists and turns for our agents! :p

#5 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:34 PM

Well obviously :p

But you forgot about our Cool Cars (most of which blow up the second time we drive them), Cool Water Vehicles (most of which blow up the first time we drive them) and Cool Planes (very few of which blow up, because we leave them at the airport).

#6 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:46 PM

We can always blow them up on mountainsides and snowboard to safety. But Ash does raise a good point. It would take some excellent storytelling and plot direction from you to run this.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#7 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:12 PM

In my mind, this RP would be less about Serious Business and Grimdark plotlines and more about whimsical character development, fun one-liners, and unwinding after a long day doing shit-all at college. Cerebus Syndrome not included in the forseeable future. :p

#8 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:20 PM

That's all very well, but we've seen too many times how an RPG just gets ignored and abandoned when the leadership is not direct and involved, so you'd really have to be willing to put in the effort to get it all together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users