• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Madin

Madin

title available

• Hosted
  • 686 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:24 PM

"Attempts to undermine the legitimate currency of this country are simply a unique form of domestic terrorism," said U.S. Attorney Tompkins. "While these forms of anti-government activities do not involve violence, they are every bit as insidious and represent a clear and present danger to the economic stability of this country," she added. "We are determined to meet these threats through infiltration, disruption, and dismantling of organizations which seek to challenge the legitimacy of our democratic form of government."

http://www.fbi.gov/c...is-own-currency

We can only hope that the Fed will keep pumping out that paper money in order to save everyone.

Edited by Madin, 02 September 2011 - 03:36 PM.

#2 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:50 AM

Oh look. A thread title created just to instill a false representation of the topic. Love it when people do that. Contrary to the topic title, gold and silver are legal to own, buy, sell and trade in the United States. Minting your own currency is still a federal crime. The idiot in the article should have known that.

Edited by Beowulf, 04 September 2011 - 07:51 AM.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#3 Madin

Madin

title available

• Hosted
  • 686 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:33 AM

Shit!
My reply was lost.
Title was ironic, but since it offends your sensibilities I will play thread titles purely straight from now on.
The company in question were purely anti federal reserve, they've had it coming for a while.

"Attempts to undermine the legitimate currency of this country are simply a unique form of domestic terrorism," - Like selling derivatives that you know have no value for example?

Still, it looks like there will be at least a trial of some kind soon.
Let's hope that they are not dumb enough to fine them! :sleep:

Edited by Madin, 04 September 2011 - 09:50 AM.

#4 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:23 PM

I got your point, so no big deal.

I honestly think gold and silver are smart to invest in. Investing in gold has been popular for the past few years because the US may quickly begin to make currency from it. That means you then sell, sell, sell.

#5 Madin

Madin

title available

• Hosted
  • 686 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:07 PM

I got your point, so no big deal.

I honestly think gold and silver are smart to invest in. Investing in gold has been popular for the past few years because the US may quickly begin to make currency from it. That means you then sell, sell, sell.

I agree that holding on to (or acquiring) assets that traditionally hold value in a time of crisis is a very good idea.

I would treat any federal attempt to purchase gold or silver from citizens we suspicion. I would flat out ignore any federal order to hand over gold or silver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users