Legolas Moster Slayer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Gollum

Gollum
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:39 PM

I know what your thinking! Already tried couldn't find anything. But I found a mod for BFME 1 that has Legolas' moster slayer ability in use! It's called BFME Extended Edition. Maybe we could get into contact with them? or if they're still around? But if it is the same coding as EA made with the anims it wouldn't be stealing since ea made them. So maybe Naz or one of the coders could check it out?
I'm not listening, not listening!

#2 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:54 PM

It's an easy ability to get working the only problem is the lack of animations for it.
I myself have got it to work in LW.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#3 Gollum

Gollum
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:38 PM

Hmmmm what animations did you use?

#4 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:31 AM

Can't remember I think just one of the attack animations.
The problem is the ability works very fast so it's hard to have animations look good doing it.
I'll have to experiment more with it.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#5 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:33 AM

I know what G is refering too... the since long very much debated EA anims that was on video in the CE edition. We have a topic on this somewhere in SEE forums. Those anims was never released by EA and are most likely never to be found, other than on video :sleep:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#6 Gollum

Gollum
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:01 AM

:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

#7 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:27 AM

Yeah, it's a shame, but that's EA's marketing for ya. They had another when Legolas ran up the tusk of a Mûmak - also just for show and never went into game. Same with all the cool camera angles in videos and even on the back of the DVDs. It's actually almost on the verge of being illegal, selling stuff that does not include what you see on the package :dry:

But that's why we mod... :xd: Not possible to duplicate those anims though, without them looking stiff and robotic, unless we find an animator with the same skills as hollywood motion capture studios. Not likely

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

#8 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:10 AM

I don't think that the plan all along was to NOT include all of that, but to acctually do. There are various reasons why they might not have gone through:

1. They didn't feel useful enough. A Legolas power that can only be used against Mumaks and Trolls isn't very ideal, so they probably went with Hawk Strike instead, which is in the same lines, only it can be used against everyone. Same goes for Balrog's "I'll crush you in my hand and you're ashes afterwards" power, not a very powerful thing to have (except against Heroes perhaps)
2. Complications with the engine vs the things they wanted.. Maybe there ain't no feasible way to get it to work? The anims they showed of Legolas' powers are all with a mumakil, so it's possible they made a new model and skeleton for it, where both Legolas and the Mumak are in it.
3. Camera views = Yeah, probably for marketing, but could also have been scratched to keep lag down :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#9 Gollum

Gollum
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:42 PM

Yeah it is a darn shame though that its gone possibly forever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users