The Full Diaper Orc

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Gollum

Gollum
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:04 PM

If you are as big of a LOTR fan as I am I'm sure you have watched the extended additions along with the appendices. In the appendices Peter and bunch of members of WETA talk about the Orcs that were in the trilogy and how the orcs needed to change from the orc "rabble" seen in Isengard in the FOTR and TTT. Peter Jackson said after he saw a screen test on how the orcs were walking for the ROTK movie he said they looked like they were kids who had a full diaper.

Peter Jackson basically said that he wanted the orcs to be new better orcs and to be Saurons orcs and be more menacing and powerful looking; almost like the fighting Uruk-Hai that Saruman had made. In this the new orcs stood tall, for a reference of how tall these orcs were I'll use Lawrence Makoare (the man who played Gothmog,Lurtz, and the Witch King)and also a picture. Lawrence is 6 foot 4 inches tall. Not some little orc rabble. Saying this to prove my point that not all orcs walk like the hunch back of Notre Dame.

My main point is that one of the Orc sword and archer horde and Gothmog should have different animations. Orc swordsmen get Uruk Hai anims. Orc Archers would get the anims for Lurtz maybe with his bow drawn? Maybe crossbowmen but thet have crossbows not bows and arrows so might not work.And Gothmog would get Lurtz' anim when his sword is drawn. I wouldnt think it would be to difficult to do since theyve already been made. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)I just would love to see this incorporated to the Orc Hordes/Gothmog that attacked Minas Tirith (I forgot their proper names! Sorry!)And it would make the Elite orc units feel MORE like elite orc units! I think it would be awesome and if it's to much work thats fine! Just thought I'd throw in some of my ideas!

I've attached a picture of what Peter Jackson thought the new orcs should be like for proof that I'm not making this up!

Thanks for your time all!

P.S. sorry the pic is small, only on I could find

First orc is orc rabble middle is uruk hai last is the ROTK orc

Attached Thumbnails

• 200px-Orc-uruk-new_orc_pj.png

Edited by Gollum, 06 October 2011 - 08:14 PM.

I'm not listening, not listening!

#2 Gollum

Gollum
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:42 PM

:thumbsupsmiley:

#3 Ridder Blauw

Ridder Blauw

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,277 posts
  •  Do not force yourself into modding it's bad for your health.

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:07 AM

Wouldn't these technically fall under the black uruks? I don't want too lose the "full daiper" orc.

We could add some variety in size in different hordes!

On a side note, nice to see you contribute so many ideas, all though not all are fit for SEE. :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by Ridder Blauw, 07 October 2011 - 05:10 AM.

#4 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:30 AM

I see where you're coming from G, and I agree to some extent. However, the "daiper" anims are extensive and good so we wont scrap them. But for the Black Uruks of Mordor we will use more humanoid anims indeed. Also, you should know that not all models will fit any anims due to different proportions and body shapes. Rigging the ordinary orcs to humanoid anims will most likely result in body parts sticking out and other forms of distortions.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#5 Gollum

Gollum
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:35 PM

Yeah I don't really know how to mod just how to give ideas. I don't think that the full diaper orc should be scrapped but one of the superior orc hordes should have more humanoid like movement! And I don't think that if you do make more humanoid movement that it should be fro the black uruks since they didn't attack minas tirith. Man I wish I could learn how to model so I could make a new orc for the mod! If it can't be done no worries just one of my many ideas that I decided to post in this wonderful forum we have going on here! I have plenty more ideas no worries RB

#6 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:22 PM

Yeah we could use more orc models, so that would be great. But moedling is hard and time consuming. I've tried several times and failed :sleep:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

#7 Námo

Námo

• Project Team
  • 1,291 posts
  • Projects:Middle-earth Lore, Cartography & Linguistics

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:52 PM

... I have plenty more ideas no worries ...

Orcs with diapers was certainly an innovative one. :)

The loincloth (aka diaper) is a very primitive sort of underwear, but very practical and both easy and inexpensive to manufacture ... you just tear two strips of cloth from a sheet, that's all. I believe that all orcs probably used such underwear, if any at all.

BTW Gollum also prefer this minimal dress-code, and also moves in a queer manner. ;)
... elen síla lúmenn´ ómentielvo ...
... a star shines on the hour of our meeting ...
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#8 Gollum

Gollum
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:46 PM

I got plenty of time on my hands! Any sites to teach me?

#9 Námo

Námo

• Project Team
  • 1,291 posts
  • Projects:Middle-earth Lore, Cartography & Linguistics

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:59 PM

http://www.tuckborough.net/ ... http://lalaith.vpsurf.de/M-earth.html
... elen síla lúmenn´ ómentielvo ...
... a star shines on the hour of our meeting ...
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#10 Gollum

Gollum
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:23 PM

Those show me no way on how to make models

Edited by Gollum, 08 October 2011 - 11:26 PM.

#11 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  • Projects:Middle-Earth Expanded
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:35 PM

Look at the tutorials on The 3rd Age because thats what they are here for!

#12 Gollum

Gollum
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:07 AM

Thank you DR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users