Photo

USA Robot vs. GLA Demolition 5-Star-Showdown!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 rainmaker

rainmaker
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:52 AM

Dare you take on this challenge? Here is a saved game you can continue playing where I left off.

The map is Dark Mountain.
You general is USA Robot/Cyber.
2 out of 3 opposing insane computer AIs have been destroyed.
A level 5 GLA Demolition General remains.
You just lost your war factories, barracks and strategy center to nuke trucks, another one is rolling in from the south.
As is a sizeable force of regular bomb trucks, mortar buggies and infantry. Zipper planes are airborne.
Your reinforcements are landing as you enter the game.
Your new war factory is almost finished in your secondary base.

I think this is something that a very skilled player might be able to win, but I have tried and cannot. It's coincidental how I saved the game at just the right moment.

So if you have the guts and the skills to take this one on, then download the saved game to your C:\Documents and Settings\%user%\My Documents\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data\Save
folder and when in the game, load "Learn Game 4".(*

And if you win it, please pm me or post a replay here!!

Good luck!

*)technical note: you may be overwriting one of your own saved games*
folder path for Windows XP, Win 7 uses a slightly different path

Attached Files

#2 lil tasman

lil tasman

CnC Mapper

• Hosted
  • 903 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008, Fallout Wars
  •  Contra 008 Wallpapers, Advertising and Maps. Fallout Wars AI Coding, Advertising, and Maps.

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:01 AM

I beat it on my second try. You have 2 cyborg commandos, I took them both and went over the water, came behind the enemy base by their oil derricks. Their base was dead in 5 minutes. Meanwhile, I built stealth detector drones and guardians everywhere, to slow my base being destroyed. Game ended, I only had 1 building left.

Replay is not possible because it was a save game. But tomorrow i might record on Fraps and upload it here.

Edited by lil tasman, 24 October 2011 - 03:02 AM.

Amat Victoria Curam
Victory Loves Preparation

Posted Image

#3 flavasava

flavasava
  • Project Team
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:14 AM

u can easily win if ur playing on 008 alpha 2 :p:p:P nuke trucks do no damages :p:p

#4 lil tasman

lil tasman

CnC Mapper

• Hosted
  • 903 posts
  •  Contra 008 Wallpapers, Advertising and Maps. Fallout Wars AI Coding, Advertising, and Maps.

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:18 AM

I was playing in 007. Il try to get a video up today.
Amat Victoria Curam

Posted Image

#5 Dardania

Dardania
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:15 PM

008 Alpha ? Is it out`?

#6 lil tasman

lil tasman

CnC Mapper

• Hosted
  • 903 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:20 PM

No, we are project team. Alpha is extremely buggy, and is not officially released to the public. Sorry. If we were to release it, it would ruin the face of Contra and make it known to be the most un-balanced and buggy mod out there. Please have patience. EA Games has a perfect example of why not to release a beta or alpha. They lost so many pre-orders of their game, I don't think they will try that again anytime soon...
Amat Victoria Curam

Posted Image

#7 rainmaker

rainmaker
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:36 PM

Sorry for the delay in response, I have been fighting a bad cold.

Now I am impressed lil tasman, that's much better than I did! :thumbsupsmiley: I used the two cyborg commandos to repel the initial wave of attack, but with the nuke trucks on the way, I was hard pressed to keep any buildings and could not make any dent into their base, either.

I would like to see some screenshots may be, if video is too involved.

Also, for everyone else's information, there is 1 unspent general point left as you enter the game and you can use it for whatever you think is best.

Just wondering what did you use the point for, lil tasman?

#8 rainmaker

rainmaker
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:06 PM

I invested a weekend in it and just can't beat it! The Cyborg commandos take too long to walk back there behind the base, but I get the point of that being a good strategy.

So I will give up at this point. I did eventually win it when I started all over again with the same setup (one GLA Stealth, two GLA Demolition). This time I raided the one demolition general and then took over the factory, effectively making me GLA. From then it was pretty easy with Bomb Trucks and Hectates, what a great combination - bomb trucks take out Stinger sites and possibly quad cannons, the Hectates then rule the sky and kill everything else. A human player could defeat this probably pretty easily, but the computer becomes a sitting duck!

#9 Dr. Lord

Dr. Lord

Just Evil

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Projects:Learning...
  •  Evils are not born. Evils are made.

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

I made a similar saved game as Rainmaker did.
If you're up for a challange, this will grant for you.

You're with China Tank General. The map is Tournament Continent. You've defeated a Flame Gen, and a Toxin Gen, but an another Toxin General remained at Rank 5.
You have nearly 1000$-1500$, a small group of Earth Shakers, Manticores, Gattlings, ZTZs, Emperors, and two Heroic Shaitans.
Enemy forces approaching, your primary base is nearly destroyed, a harmed Nuke Silo, and an empty Internet center remained. Your secondary base established. Outpost were set up at the corners. An Emperor escaped a few Heroic Hackers in its bunker. Elbrus Storm launched within a few minutes. Clouds are approaching. Special Powers are ready, you can reinforce yourself with Emperors, and minor tanks.

Good Luck!

Attached Files

#10 Guest_AndreiCZ_*

Guest_AndreiCZ_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:55 AM

How did you get two Shaitans ?

#11 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts