• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ReallyFat

ReallyFat

title available

• Project Team
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:47 PM

hey all, the quenta silmarillion had been going on as planned for quite a while, but sadly, one of our teammates is unable to continue. would any of you like to join as a coder? please let us know and for more info look here and check our forum on t3a. a lot of stuff is under way right now, so you can just drop off a note at any one of us; me,future4,Past5evermark,or FellbeastIII

thxx!

signature.png

#2 Unknown

Unknown

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,314 posts
  • Projects:Work
  •  I changed

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:31 PM

Like any other mod, we need reason to be convinced to join your mod ;)
Pics, proof of work and evidence that the mod will get somewhere so that people know that joining your mod is worth it :p
I would say if you show us some convincing work then a few people might be interested :)

#3 ReallyFat

ReallyFat

title available

• Project Team
  • 352 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:10 AM

yeah we are kindof at the beginning stages, so if someone jst joined now, we'd have QUITE a bit to show. we have ungoliant, gothmog, galdor, and rog modelled already, and we have finrod and turgon coded, and we have a bunch of maps made already, and we have loads of pics and textures, and ideas that are continually developing.
is that enough? we cant post our work here, for a simple reason: people steal

signature.png

#4 ReallyFat

ReallyFat

title available

• Project Team
  • 352 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:46 AM

i have screens however

signature.png

#5 ReallyFat

ReallyFat

title available

• Project Team
  • 352 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:48 AM

check my album on photobucket here

signature.png

#6 Unknown

Unknown

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,314 posts
  • Projects:Work
  •  I changed

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:49 AM

So how are you ever going to get hosted if you're scared that people might steal?
If you look in the showcase forums, you'll see that people put their own names on their work.
People get help by show, not tell.
We need pics, what evidence have we to rely on then?

And your mod seems to have a lot of members for the stage which it is at.
If you need help then I'm here with other modders but asking someone to do your mod for you won't give you much exp.
Read articles, test things out yourself, like I found out that cool Radial look without a tutorial and I've looked at things like LUA and I can see what I can add without tutorials.
Trial and error is the key to coding IMO.
If something doesn't work, then don't throw in the towel, keep changing it to make it work.
If say someone like me was to help, what would all your coders be doing?... Not much.
They would watch everyone do the work for them.
So try it yourself and if you get stuck then post it in a thread but before you post a problem, see if you can figure out :p

Edited by Unknown, 27 October 2011 - 08:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users