• 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:07 PM

When adjusting some settings in the board control panel, I noticed that there were a handful of features we had simply never enabled. Seeing as we don't have a policy of intentionally limiting features for our users like other boards do, I've decided to enable them. I've also reviewed most of the user group settings to make sure they all match up. Some of the things that you can now do include:

Facebook and Twitter login

You can now log in using your Facebook or Twitter account if you wish. To enable this, simply go to Your Settings -> Profile -> Manage Facebook Connect / Manage Twitter Connect. You will have to authorize our application so it can establish the necessary link between your social network profile and your forum profile here. Once that's done, you have some extra settings you can play with, such as updating your forum status with your Facebook status or importing your profile picture.

Note for the privacy-concerned: This is 100% voluntary. If you're not comfortable linking accounts, simply don't enable it and nobody will ever be able to make a connection.

Private Messages

Many user groups weren't able to use the new PM invitation feature that allowed the handy group conversations (think of it as a private forum topic), a core improvement of IPB 3. From now on, users of all groups can issue up to 50 invitations per conversation.

The maximum number of storable messages has also been greatly increased (100 for New Members, 500 for Posting Members and Project Team, 1000 for Hosted). That should make sure you never run out of message space Posted Image

You might have noticed the Posted Image and Posted Image icons at the bottom right of every post. Those allow you to give reputation points, which will then reflect in the other user's profile. Give a plus if you thought the post was constructive/helpful/funny and a minus if it was bad (duh). New Members are not able to give any reputation points, Posting Members are only able to give 5 positive reputation points a day and all others simply have some other limits on the amount of points they can issue per day.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#2 Glaeken

Glaeken

Almost identical to something very similar

• Project Team
  • 174 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars mod - map team
  •  "...wordy little bastard..." - sometimes.

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:16 AM

In regard to Facebook account linking-
During the setup process, the linking [by Revora] requests permission to: "Post to Facebook as me -
Revora Forums may post status messages, notes, photos and videos on my behalf"

What exactly does this mean? Should I consider "Revora Forums", in this instance, as being my personal logged-in self, where when I want something linked to Facebook from the Revora Forums it can only happen if Facebook considers me to be "Revora Forums"?
If this is indeed the case I'll simply remove this post once confirmed.

#3 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:00 PM

"Revora Forums", in this case, is the name of the Facebook Application we use to link your profiles. It is the necessary "channel" between the board and your Facebook profile. That allows the forum software to automatically post status updates to Facebook when you post them here, if you enable that feature in your user settings.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users