#61 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:30 PM

Christ, will all you plebs stop waving your dicks at each other and get a grip? That mole is going to be pissed when he emerges to find he's at the top of the sodding Matterhorn.

Jesus. You fuckers could have a slanging match about anything...

#62 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:36 PM

Wholesome Revora values. Main reason I stick around.

#63 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:41 PM

You're not really listening now. Like I said before... I don't care if people like ponies, it's that I don't like social groups; especially ones with a common agenda to make an irritating agenda and spread it all over the internet and have a certain foul attitude when other people doesn't like My Little Pony, with you as a huge example. One could say avoid, but I have fond it to never be so simple. I had the same problem with a Tim & Eric social fad a couple years ago... they think everyone tolerates their crap, so they transcend irritable garbage that never ends. The Brony social order has made me hate My Little Pony. Of all the things that the internet is creating a cult after, it's after a show created for little girls as after school entertainment. It is nothing but an irritation... trolling at it's truest definition. Ah, and if you don't believe that, then take a look at Meme base as a fine example. The Brony movement started with Seth Green as a joke, and it truly began as a form of trolling. That was soon before the show from what I remember. But some people took it seriously and started displaying their worship for the show, making the term Brony a calling and they continued the work of good trolls without realizing it. But it never stops at just being a fan... it's all ever Bronys do... make Brony related material. I was fine with it until sites like Planet Minecraft started only making Brony related work and making it impossible to sort through it all and they start requesting Brony work from me, and begin pestering me with arguments and complaints when I simply say I don't like My Little Pony. I've gotten nothing but griefing from it. But all I can do is complain... it's a fad like the rest and I just have to wait it out. But that's just my take on it, so don't consider it a debate stance anymore. I don't plan on doing any revolting here as a personal favor to you, Wulfy. You're the only Brony here, and I tend to spit at the herds rather than the individuals.

Revora is a social group. Do you hate us too? I don't see how being part of another community is a big deal. Every show, movie, franchise, what have you will gain a following and some are going to be more obnoxious than others about their particular choice. It just seems like you're singling out bronies, kinda like a few others did with furries a couple years ago on here. Ended up the same way really. Most people don't give a shit, but a select few were just irritated to high heaven over nothing. You're making a mountain out of a molehill, even when it concerns the amount of fan material that's come about from this particular cartoon. Seems to me that the amount of fan material should be an indicator of its popularity. However, if it's really a fad as Matias believes, it'll die down when the interest wanes. I'd say this has happened before and it'll happen again with some other show.

Indeed.

People going on about these fads for the sake of the obvious irony I can reasonable bear because I could somehow fathom how that would be funny, but people tacking onto such fads and somehow making it part of their "identity", at least online, are like nails on a chalkboard to me. You, Beowulf, seem to fit into the latter category, because of the shower of expletives and rage you release when someone won't simply budge in their conviction that it's nothing more than a stupid fad. The impression you give, Beowulf, is one of eagerness to identify with things that would generally be considered as abnormal, then going out of your way to inform people of your preferences so that once they show signs of distaste, you can pester them about being close-minded individuals who should lighten up. Really, you should lighten up. So Pasidon doesn't think it's the best thing since Pokémon. Does that make him a close-minded bigot?

Nope.

So you're religiously following a cartoon about colourful ponies now. Is it necessary for you to go onto the internet and post about it? Then slam the people who think it's just another ironic, pop-reference filled show that got an internet following based on a joke? Do you need to justify your preferences?

Really.

Have you considered that a) I actually enjoy the goddamn based on the fact it's actually good and b) nobody gives a shit what you think? Because, honestly, I never actually brought up the topic of MLP, except that I slapped an MLP avatar up and then posted an MLP wallpaper I was using at the time where it belonged. It wasn't until you started rambling on about it being a fad that I got a little annoyed. Then I was going to leave well enough be until Pasidon started this thread where I was just going to say I enjoyed the goddamn show and leave it at that. But no, nobody can leave well enough alone and just accept people like different shit. I don't give a goddamn that Pasidon doesn't like MLP and I don't care if others don't either. It's not for everyone, but I'm tired of having people say dumb bullshit JUST BECAUSE I like it.

In any case, I don't see how me being to enjoy the show is any more than that? Why do you assume I like it because it's "abnormal" anyway? I used a Kaitou Kid avatar for a while because I'm a fan of that too. Why wasn't that a fucking crime for me to do?

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#64 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:59 PM

You're just proving our point when it comes to fans acting as if they were personally attacked when we don't like the big picture. I dunno what you expected if you read my post, but I'm not debating this anymore. I dunno why you're still trying to. Well... I do, but Pasidon don't want play.

#65 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:25 PM

Dude, you're denigrating an entire community for no real reason. Fans of a TV series; that's all. Keep that last part in mind: fans of a TV series.

[EDIT] I don't give a shit what else gets said. I'm just going to leave it be. I like the show; all that really needs to be said. So Matias, keep your fucking cakehole shut this time.

Edited by Beowulf, 20 November 2011 - 11:31 PM.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#66 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:31 AM

Beo, matias does bring up a point. Your persecution complex is somewhat notorious around these parts XD

((... I thought this was meant to be a gary oak thread now. :p ))

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#67 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:35 AM

Yea Mati, just zip-it and don't use your honest opinions so fan-boys don't get mad. Gee-wiz.

But what's with this Gary Oak line of jokes I'm seeing all of a sudden? I honestly haven't seen a Gary joke until you started using them, then once at Planet Minecraft. I made a joke about Professor Oak not liking robots once, but that's as close as it got.

Edited by {IP}Pasidon, 21 November 2011 - 04:37 AM.

#68 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:51 AM

I stumbled across gary oak jokes a while ago, those ones I posted then were just some of the ones I remember from before. I also like the professor oak ones.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image

#69 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:43 AM

Bahhh... there just had to be a Brony Professor Oak joke on there...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users