Asoiaf/Agot "Idea"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Chaser

Chaser
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:12 PM

Was just interested to see if anyone else out there that had given thought the possibility of a A song of Ice and Fire conversion mod?

No other Asoiaf mods for other games (and Agot:genesis) have really been nice to play that I've tried.

The possibility ranges from adding a new Asoiaf based faction, converting names and skins of all existing factions for a total conversion and then bits and bobs to give it even more flavour, however seeing that about 5% of mods ever get completed (if that) anything other than starting off aiming to just add a new faction seems overly ambitious.

So my questions:

Has anyone else mulled this idea over before, if so was it decided it just isn't worth the effort or different reasons?
Are there even people interested in modding bfme2 around anymore, or even people playing the game?
Do you consider this another one of those "I am going to make the awesomesestestest mod eva by myself" unrealistic threads?

There seems to be a serious lack of asoiaf based games around and i have seen in other areas suggesting a bfme2 mod would be a nice playing experience.

Edited by Chaser, 22 November 2011 - 05:13 PM.

#2 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:40 PM

Thought about it, have a rather complete concept kicking around somewhere.

It was pretty basic and only had one faction as I designed it to be completable. It was going to be based on the War of the 5 Kings era, be BFME2 based, Create-a-Hero was disabled graphically, but secretly still around. When you started you'd pick your faction leader (as I recall, Tywin, Robb, Stannis, Renly, Balon). You'd always have basic infantry, but whatever hero you picked would change all their heraldry and give you some unique units. Spellbook got changed mostly to minor House allegiances. Creeps were Others and wights.

Could be fun, but I have enough work on my hands without starting a new mod :p.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#3 Chaser

Chaser
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:20 PM

When you say choose a faction leader do you mean something similar to the choose a men of the east faction in rj rotwk?

#4 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:43 PM

I'm not sure what that method is, but probably not. You choose your leader on the skirmish screen in the CaH slot

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#5 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:49 PM

Nope thats not how RJ does it ;)
Ridder Geel