Photo

How can ido to give to Sauron and Saruman the word of power?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 vegetassj2345

vegetassj2345
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

yes it says how to make it green not red and also it doesn't explain how to make it bigger...but tell me if i want to mod smth...should i experiment things by myself right? cuz if i want to use only net i can't find all my answers (especially if i want to mod the game deeply like transforming the word of power)

It uses green as an example... but it is the same principle for doing it red :)

and yes... but if you can't find out how.. the first place you should go is the main site... not the forum :)

Yes, but smtms even in the main site i can't find what i need! for example i didn't find how can i put in the game a new model for a hero.

#22 modboy451

modboy451

A small Big-time Modder!

• Project Team
  • 783 posts
  •  Experienced INI Coder, Advanced Rigger/Binder.

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:04 PM

yes you can ;) It should be pretty easy to find that anyway... The article "adding a new hero" will explain the step of adding int he model... you can use that method to add it for an existing model. Bigger things are made up of smaller components that have multiple uses :)

John 3:16 (NIV)
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Psalm 23:1 (ESV)
A Psalm of David.
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 JUS_SAURON

JUS_SAURON

El Shaddai

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  • Projects: BFME2 MOD - Power Of The Ring
  •   INI Coder

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:29 PM

as for recoloring and resizing FX, i didnt know it was possible. how d'you do it?

Fx's are usualy referenced in Fxlist which call up one or more FxparticleSystems

You can reclour the FxparticleSystem as you need
    Color1 = R:170 G:5 B:5 0
    Color2 = R:190 G:5 B:5 5
    Color3 = R:210 G:5 B:5 10

Try a few times until you get the colour right

As for bigger .. you can increase the FxparticleSystems in some cases
Or call in multiple Fx's like more smoke , an explosion cloud , a greater screen shake etc
to give the appearance of a larger Fx ..which is what an FX is anyways

@vegetassj2345 :
My mod has a red WP ..you can use it if you want ..
but for personal use only ..no published mod OK ...

Edited by JUS_SAURON, 02 January 2012 - 10:30 PM.

#24 ReallyFat

ReallyFat

title available

• Project Team
  • 352 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:14 AM

Oh thx, finally. This recoloring thing is awesome, I needed it for the mod, but didnt know how to do it.

@vegeta, make a thread called "Vegetassj2345's questiion thread", and then ASK ALL THE QUESTIONS THERE. its not really helping others to look through all the questiuons youve posted to find a thread in the middle of them. SO, do what ive said, and maybe deleting your old threads would be even better.

signature.png

#25 vegetassj2345

vegetassj2345
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:17 AM

Oh thx, finally. This recoloring thing is awesome, I needed it for the mod, but didnt know how to do it.

@vegeta, make a thread called "Vegetassj2345's questiion thread", and then ASK ALL THE QUESTIONS THERE. its not really helping others to look through all the questiuons youve posted to find a thread in the middle of them. SO, do what ive said, and maybe deleting your old threads would be even better.

i didn't add other thread as you could see if i wll have other question but i will ask them all in other threads already psoted.

Edited by vegetassj2345, 04 January 2012 - 10:18 AM.

#26 vegetassj2345

vegetassj2345
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

Some questions:

How can i create a new power, for example i want to create a new word of power how can i do?
can u give me some explanations or a link to a tutorial?

Edited by vegetassj2345, 04 January 2012 - 08:28 PM.

#27 JUS_SAURON

JUS_SAURON

El Shaddai

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  • Projects: BFME2 MOD - Power Of The Ring
  •   INI Coder

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:08 AM

Some questions:

How can i create a new power, for example i want to create a new word of power how can i do?
can u give me some explanations or a link to a tutorial?

Ummm didn't Ridder Geel ALREADY took the time to add a link for you in the second post of this thread

So you Add WOP for your hero
Make it the same one
Now tweak the FX's and the damage to make it different
The FX can be triggered by the weapon firing
You can even drop in multiple Fx's in the anim data of the Hero
as setting a SPECIAL_WEAPON_ONE block

But try adding WOP firts before messing with the FX

NB : all weapons do the same thing .. give damage / or an attribute that causes weakness
and a varied FX or Death Type or delivery system eg a radial blast , a projectile , an aura
makes it look good and different
The trick is making the FX so different the player does not realise its a copy !

Edited by JUS_SAURON, 05 January 2012 - 12:09 AM.

#28 Guest_ReallyFat_*

Guest_ReallyFat_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:02 AM

Ok. Seems like you wanna code, so go to t3a and check the coding articlez there. There should be a lot of material for you to study n all. Any way, new word of power spell.
  • Go to specialpower.ini and find word of power there.
  • Copy paste that code right underneath it.
  • Then change the name a tinsy bit, like if it says SpecialPowerGandalfWordOfPower, change it to SpecialAbilityVegetaWordOfPower, or something like that
  • Then go to commandbutton.ini
  • Find the word of power for gandalf there, and copy paste it straight below
  • Then change the name a bit, for example, from Command_GandalfWordOfPower, make it Command_VegetaWordOfPower
  • Then in this command buton youve just pasted, it should point to a specialpower, most likely Gandalfs WOP blast.( this was the code you copy pasted ij specialpower.ini)
  • But that was the orginal one. You changed SpecialPowerGandalfWordOfPower to VegetaWordOfPower, right? Or whutever you changed it to, just take that name and put it in the commmandbutton block that says specialpower = whutever. So this specialpower = whutever, change it to specialpower =whutever you put in ur special power.ini file
  • Now, take this command button and put it into any commandset.
  • Don't forget to add the code blocks into the unit's ini file or it wont be able to use it. Itll be a clickable button, but nothing will HAPPEN.
  • And always remember experiencelevels.ini, add the upgrade there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users