Which is the best mod for rotwk?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 vegetassj2345

vegetassj2345
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

I mean a mod that adds a lot of new factions, new units new heroes and above all...that adds Morgoth!

#2 vegetassj2345

vegetassj2345
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:38 PM

I mean a mod that adds a lot of new factions, new units new heroes and above all...that adds Morgoth!

#3 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:37 PM

Alright, I've been avoiding saying something for a while now. But it's starting to get out of hand. I understand and respect your enthusiasm, which is a good thing to have, it shows potential, believe it or not. But you need to calm down with the topic spamming. You've made practically dozens of topics in the last month and only one or two of which actually has more then ten posts. Also the double posting and very near spamming is not necessary. Do you really need to quote your own post four minutes later? What will that accomplish besides looking desperate. Just take it easy on the topics and collaborate your questions into one topic devoted to your questions. Make a topic like; "vegetassj2345's modding questions" I'm sure you'll have plenty of people to help you with your questions. But having fifteen topics about fifteen different questions is likely to turn people away from helping. Just be a bit more conservative and you'll do well here!

So here's a warm welcome to T3A and the world of BFME modding, just make sure you've read the rules and you'll have a good time here. :good:

-On topic
I don't particularly play RotWK mods, but I know RJ is pretty much the best one on T3A. I'm not sure if it adds Morgoth or not, but you can check and see if you'd like.
Also I know that the Edain mod is extremely popular, possibly even the most popular BFME mod, though not originated here on T3A. The only problem with Edain is it's a German mod, and I don't think there is an English version of the most current release of the mod.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#4 vegetassj2345

vegetassj2345
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:08 AM

Alright, I've been avoiding saying something for a while now. But it's starting to get out of hand. I understand and respect your enthusiasm, which is a good thing to have, it shows potential, believe it or not. But you need to calm down with the topic spamming. You've made practically dozens of topics in the last month and only one or two of which actually has more then ten posts. Also the double posting and very near spamming is not necessary. Do you really need to quote your own post four minutes later? What will that accomplish besides looking desperate. Just take it easy on the topics and collaborate your questions into one topic devoted to your questions. Make a topic like; "vegetassj2345's modding questions" I'm sure you'll have plenty of people to help you with your questions. But having fifteen topics about fifteen different questions is likely to turn people away from helping. Just be a bit more conservative and you'll do well here!

So here's a warm welcome to T3A and the world of BFME modding, just make sure you've read the rules and you'll have a good time here. :good:

-On topic
I don't particularly play RotWK mods, but I know RJ is pretty much the best one on T3A. I'm not sure if it adds Morgoth or not, but you can check and see if you'd like.
Also I know that the Edain mod is extremely popular, possibly even the most popular BFME mod, though not originated here on T3A. The only problem with Edain is it's a German mod, and I don't think there is an English version of the most current release of the mod.

sorry....... but i swear, i didn't want to create spam! i just thought that i should create 1 topic, 1 question, anyway next time i will "concentrate"my question in one topic.Thank you for your answer anyway.
I found a mod, the four ages it seemes fantastic.Cna i play with it? or is still not complete? if i can play, where can i downloade it?

Edited by vegetassj2345, 30 December 2011 - 10:54 AM.

#5 逊Arathorn妻

逊Arathorn妻
  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • Projects:W3D-Importer

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:33 PM

@Kwen
Edain is currently creating an english version of the Mod.
I am not sure how long it will take them to translate everything.

#6 vegetassj2345

vegetassj2345
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:57 PM

@Kwen
Edain is currently creating an english version of the Mod.
I am not sure how long it will take them to translate everything.

So rj is the only complete english mod for rotwk and bfme2 right? i don't say edain cuz is in German and the english translation is far to be complete.

#7 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:29 PM

(RJ ROTWK) I wouldn't call it complete... though it is as far as i know in a somewhat stable release state.
RC Mod is a bit unstable, and also does not add that faction you mentioned, but it does add alot of other stuff.
S.E.E. for BFME 2 is quite stable but is also somewhat of an outdated release.
I'm quite sure there are a few other mods that have releases... I'd say merely check these forums and the3rdage.net for them.
Ridder Geel

#8 vegetassj2345

vegetassj2345
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:51 PM

(RJ ROTWK) I wouldn't call it complete... though it is as far as i know in a somewhat stable release state.
RC Mod is a bit unstable, and also does not add that faction you mentioned, but it does add alot of other stuff.
S.E.E. for BFME 2 is quite stable but is also somewhat of an outdated release.
I'm quite sure there are a few other mods that have releases... I'd say merely check these forums and the3rdage.net for them.

I tried edoin mod but with it i can't play in lan.

A question with rj rotwk can i play in lan?

i found on net, on youtube a mini mod that add morgoth...but i don't know what is the name of this mod...

edit: OH!!!!! i found the name of the mod :"Der Gesand der Ainur" or in english "Song of the Ainur".In this mod there is a super Morgoth, i really want it, do you know where can i download this mod?
or do u know where can i download a mini mod with morgoth as hero? i saw that someone created it and gave it strong powers (like in this apparently mysterious mod song of the ainur) so it should be a mod with morgoth as hero...

Edited by vegetassj2345, 30 December 2011 - 08:56 PM.

#9 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:45 PM

RJ should be playable LAN unless you are using a cracked version of ROTWK.
Google the other mod to see if you can find it somewhere, I myself have no clue where exactly to look :p
Moddb perhaps?
Ridder Geel

#10 vegetassj2345

vegetassj2345
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:38 PM

Google the other mod to see if you can find it somewhere, I myself have no clue where exactly to look :p
Moddb perhaps?

Ah that's a good news, ops you have no idea me too! we are in two! :thumbsupsmiley: moddb, you know we had the same thought, i went to moddb but apparently no mods about Morgoth..there but i will have a further look there...

Anyway IF someone knows where to download this Morgoth,could he tell me where to find it?

Edited by vegetassj2345, 31 December 2011 - 12:48 PM.

#11 vegetassj2345

vegetassj2345
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:20 PM

Moddb perhaps?

Ah that's a good news, ops you have no idea me too! we are in two! :thumbsupsmiley: moddb, you know we had the same thought, i went to moddb but apparently no mods about Morgoth..there but i will have a further look there...

Anyway IF someone knows where to download this Morgoth,could he tell me where to find it?

OH OH OHHHHHHHH i find it! on this forum! pls pls can u tell me how to add it into my file ini?is in a mod i have all art ini gamedata all just, i don't know which files or part of them should i put to add this Morgoth into my ini...i wait ur help!

the mod is battle for beleriand, i found i think the files of morgoth
but...i ddidn't find the graphic of it? where is it?

Edited by vegetassj2345, 31 December 2011 - 03:52 PM.

#12 vegetassj2345

vegetassj2345
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:24 PM

Moddb perhaps?

OH OH OHHHHHHHH i find it! on this forum! pls pls can u tell me how to add it into my file ini?is in a mod i have all art ini gamedata all just, i don't know which files or part of them should i put to add this Morgoth into my ini...i wait ur help!

the mod is battle for beleriand, i found i think the files of morgoth
but...i ddidn't find the graphic of it? where is it?
i tried with my cousin to add Morgoth i copied the morgoth strings and i paste them into a new Morgoth.ini files i put it into evilfaction units mordor of my ini files of rotwk i add the hero commandest in commandset.ini and then i added Morgoth in the buildableheroeslist in playertemplate.ini but still i can't create Morgoth... i need some help.

update: i created a duplicate of Sauron, it worked i could see two Sauron in my build list but when i changed the model to Sauron into the model of Morgoth i couldn't see my new hero again! in my game now there is an art folder with the files of the model of Morgoth.What should i do? its not enough? whcih part of the procedure is missing?

i tried to build an asset.dat with these textures

RJ_Granite.tga i put it in compiledtextures
RJ_SIL.tga i put it in compiledtextures
RJ_Morgoth.dds i put it in textures
kukng_skl.w3d i put it in wrd
RJ_Morgoth.W3D i put it in w3d

then

;====================== MODELS =============================================

DefaultModelConditionState
Model = RJ_Morgoth
;ParticleSysBone = WEAPON SaronRingSpark FollowBone:Yes
End

then

i put the asset.dat and my data ini folder together into a file that i named iop.big but my new unit (a copy of Sauron just with a new body) is invisible.

Edited by vegetassj2345, 31 December 2011 - 08:24 PM.

#13 JUS_SAURON

JUS_SAURON

El Shaddai

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  • Projects: BFME2 MOD - Power Of The Ring
  •   INI Coder

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:18 AM

The spamming is a bit much..

When you post you need to POST EXACTLY what you did

Did you put the W3d Model File in the correct folder ?

RJ_Morgoth.W3D goes in rj folder that goes in wrd Folder that goes in art folder
RJ_SIL.tga goes in rj folder that goes in compiledtextures Folder that goes in art folder

and so on ..the name of the model or texture must match the two letters of the folder
Then correctly create an asset.dat file by dragging the art folder into the Sy's Asset Builder program

Create New asset.dat and save it correctly

NOW set up the mod via a -mod command

Download a mod , see how the files are set up and try making a small mod based of a working MOD

You need to learn
1. how to set-up -mod command
2. where to add new files
3. Create a new asset.dat
4. Modify INI files
5. Add maps or Bases or Sound files (if necc )

Get each step right and you can Mod !

#14 vegetassj2345

vegetassj2345
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:55 PM

The spamming is a bit much..

When you post you need to POST EXACTLY what you did

Did you put the W3d Model File in the correct folder ?

RJ_Morgoth.W3D goes in rj folder that goes in wrd Folder that goes in art folder
RJ_SIL.tga goes in rj folder that goes in compiledtextures Folder that goes in art folder

and so on ..the name of the model or texture must match the two letters of the folder
Then correctly create an asset.dat file by dragging the art folder into the Sy's Asset Builder program

Create New asset.dat and save it correctly

NOW set up the mod via a -mod command

Download a mod , see how the files are set up and try making a small mod based of a working MOD

You need to learn
1. how to set-up -mod command
2. where to add new files
3. Create a new asset.dat
4. Modify INI files
5. Add maps or Bases or Sound files (if necc )

Get each step right and you can Mod !

ok now i say what i do step by step if this doens't help i leave the idea of add a new model in the game so:

1)i download the mod battle for beleriand

2)i extracted the file .big of the mod in a mod folder

3) i see in this mod folder these folder : ART, BASES, DATA, LANG, LIBRARIES, MAPS, ASSET.DAT

4) i create into my data\ini\folder a morgoth.ini file (i copied the Sauron.ini file), i leave all unmodified exdept for this section:
;;====================== MODELS =============================================

DefaultModelConditionState
Model = angMelkor_skn ( i put this instead of the original one of the Sauron.ini)
;ParticleSysBone = WEAPON SaronRingSpark FollowBone:Yes
End
so like this i can have another Sauron with a new model (this is what i presume)

5) with the asset builder i create an asset.dat like this, i open the program with the eye of sauron, then, i drag and drop ONLY the art folder (the whole art folder) inot this program then i select : create asset.dat from the files in list only.i create the asset.dat

6) i put the new asset.dat, the art folder and the data\ini\ folder of my new mod into finalbig and i create the mod iop.big

7) i put my mod into my files of etc i launch the game with the mod -mod iop.big command.Then in the game i see the other Sauron but when i create him i see just an invisible figure.

Edited by vegetassj2345, 01 January 2012 - 07:40 PM.

#15 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:32 AM

So the angMelkor_skn model is in the data/art/w3d/an folder correct?

Then make the asset.dat. Then the model should show up fine. Odds are you're either misplacing the model or not making the asset.dat correctly if the hero is invisible.

Edited by Kwen, 03 January 2012 - 02:33 AM.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#16 vegetassj2345

vegetassj2345
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:08 PM

So the angMelkor_skn model is in the data/art/w3d/an folder correct?

Then make the asset.dat. Then the model should show up fine. Odds are you're either misplacing the model or not making the asset.dat correctly if the hero is invisible.

Hi, so, yes i created an art folder, then in the art folder i created two folders.One is called textures and i put in this folder the file angmelkor.dds.

The other folder is called w3d ,inside this folder i created a folder called an and inside this an folder, i put the angMelkor_skn.w3d
Then, i take the whole art folder and i put it in the program with the eye of sauron and i create a asset.dat with only the art folder and the files of the model.
Then i take the new asset.dat and a decompressed file ini.big into finalbig and i create a file .big, then i put it in the folder :"My files etc" i launch the game with the -mod command...but i can't see the morgoth model in the game.

note: i don't put the art folder into the data folder the art folder is outside it. Also in the mod in which i found morgoth the art folder is separated from the folder data\ini\

Edited by vegetassj2345, 03 January 2012 - 01:20 PM.

#17 ReallyFat

ReallyFat

title available

• Project Team
  • 352 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:17 PM

PLZ do not quote in your replies!

i wonder if you ever thought of using the -mod ".big" command?

signature.png

#18 vegetassj2345

vegetassj2345
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:02 PM

I DID IT! I CAN SEE MORGOTH! :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: just a question the last about modelling i hope!

How can i make a morgoth button? i mean you know that when i can create a hero in the fortress i can select his button that represents the hero! and also when i select a unit i see its portrait! how can i make button and portrait?

Edited by vegetassj2345, 03 January 2012 - 05:32 PM.

#19 ReallyFat

ReallyFat

title available

• Project Team
  • 352 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:29 PM

Well, here's a step by step guide

1. Go to www.the3rdage.net
2. Click the articles link
3. Go to the graphics section
4. Find a tutorial
5. USE IT

signature.png

#20 vegetassj2345

vegetassj2345
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:45 PM

Ok thanks for all guys!

Edited by vegetassj2345, 03 January 2012 - 07:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users