Photo

How to get phoenix rising to work on windows 7

6 replies to this topic

#1 bladestorm18

bladestorm18
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:16 PM

I just downloaded Phoenix rising vs 1.1 from filefront and i cant get it to work on windows 7. i have the mod thrawns revenge and it works fine so i dont know what is going on. please help.

#2 Kitkun

Kitkun

Hater

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:14 AM

Need more info. No idea what you've done or what happens when you try to run it, so no idea where the problem might be.
Mainly, check the install instructions carefully. That's usually the tripping point.

Frosty Freaky Foreign Forum Fox

<DevXen> Today I was at the store and saw a Darth Vader action figure that said "Choking Hazard." It was great.

#3 bladestorm18

bladestorm18
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:20 AM

ok well i put the whole file into my mods file in foc and then moved the batch file to the main foc folder and i got it to come up but it wont start any of the gc maps. i have patched both foc and eaw to there latest patch so i dont know what else to do.

#4 evilbobthebob

evilbobthebob

evilbobthemapper

• Project Team
  • 2,304 posts
  • Projects:Phoenix Rising Maps
  •  Phoenix Rising Mapping Lead

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:26 AM

On Windows 7 it is strongly recommended that you run the batch file as administrator. That way the game executable can access and read the mod files.

Phoenix Rising, head of mapping. Thanks to everyone who got us to the position below!
Posted Image

#5 bladestorm18

bladestorm18
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:52 PM

ok the batch file is run under admin and i reworked the path for the shortcut but the GC is still not working. everytime i run any of the GCs it goes to not responding on the task mananger. should i re-download the mod or ?

#6 evilbobthebob

evilbobthebob

evilbobthemapper

• Project Team
  • 2,304 posts
  • Projects:Phoenix Rising Maps
  •  Phoenix Rising Mapping Lead

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:58 PM

Ah...well, GCs in Phoenix Rising take a long time to load. In v1.1 you might have to wait a couple of minutes at least (we've improved it in the current development version). Unfortunately the game doesn't have a loading screen for GCs so you just have to wait. If it's more than ten minutes then you can probably safely say it's not working.

Phoenix Rising, head of mapping. Thanks to everyone who got us to the position below!
Posted Image

#7 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

Sith Lord of Campaigns

• Project Team
  • 2,035 posts
  •  Phoenix Rising QA Lead; Manual Editor

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:37 PM

Ah...well, GCs in Phoenix Rising take a long time to load. In v1.1 you might have to wait a couple of minutes at least (we've improved it in the current development version). Unfortunately the game doesn't have a loading screen for GCs so you just have to wait. If it's more than ten minutes then you can probably safely say it's not working.

Yeah. Sorry about the long load times for 1.1, we've learned a lot since then.

I've got load times down to 25 seconds for Core Worlds V1.2 and a tough 60-70 seconds for GFFA (the worst culprit) in V1.2, compared to 10 minutes plus on the old V1.1 files.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users