A interesting Idea....hmmmm

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Deathlord135

Deathlord135
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:50 AM

Well lets just say I've had the wonderfull idea of trying to port BFME onto another game/engine. Does anybody have any idea concerning what engine/game would be best to "port" it over too. Im also consitering once the basic porting is done trying to geat a team togeather that can assist me in redesigning most if not all the models in the game and upgrading them, using the new engine/game of course. Personilly I think that a mod of Starcraft II would be best consitering its editing system and graphics, but the problem is I only have a redmentry understanding of how to mod starcarft 2 besides simply making a map for the game and editing values and the such. But as I think this might be a worthy endevor I am posting this in the modding section hopeing to recive some sort of reply. If this is done, after the porting of the "modded" original game, so not to violate any copyrights and such, more though can be placed into actually upgrading the game's "system" so to speak. New factions, Era's, New units and heros, a epic length campign and such could all be parts of this new "game."

As I am going to college in about 6 months to learn how to code and model, I am hopeing this can be of help to me and vice versa if anybody else deems to want to help me with this project.

The first time I am planing to do is come up with a time table which would be nice to follow. After which I will start looking for teamembers on other cites to see if any are willing to help us.
Since this is a new Idea I will also include a list of postions open,partially filled, closed, and so on in the next few days. Also people willing to give out ideas, sample tech trees, and so on would be helpfull as well. In fact anybody will anysort of experiance in any modding whatsoever would be welcomed to help out. A few people promoting and searching would team members would also be nice to have.

~Team Spots~

Team Leader
Team Commander-2ed in command if Leader is unable to "work," position must allways be filled so that if the leader goes inactive the mod will not die
Team Talent/Help Searches-Searchers for people with experiance that would be willing to help
Idea People-People who can contribute ideas, and do simple tasks for the team
Core Members-Coders,Modelers, Coder assistants, Modeler assistants, Coder/Modeler back-ups.
Coders-More than one, one for each faction/section of the game/so on and so forth
Modelers-More than one, just like coders except they are doing diffrent things than the coders
Fourm Lords-If a forum is created they would keep the posts clean and on topic, so on and so forth basicly admins.
Filterers-Members whos job is to sort though the ideas giving by other people outside the team, categorize said ideas, present the best ideas to the team, ect ect..
Team Moderators-Keeps the team on line and on track, makes sure if somebody is getting behind to arrange help, they assign the work that needs to be done to team members.
Team Rep-Deals with the fans, nonfans, critics, and so forth
Team Quality/Beta Testers-Check the work that is done to see if anything needs to be fixed/changed/blanced ect ect
On-loan Members-Team members that have other projects but are willing to assist our own.
Positions that I have missed

#2 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:09 PM

One does not simply port into Mordor

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#3 Bashkuga

Bashkuga

Because good guys are too mainstream

• Project Team
  • 2,039 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring Betatester and Mapper, Edain Mod Betatester
  •  Out of the frying pan, and into the fire..

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:37 PM

One does not simply port into Mordor

Hahaha :xd:

But back to bussiness, I don't think that the BFME section is big enough to do this or have enough time for it ;). But if other sites are willing to help, maybe (not sure) some members with enough time could help you. I like this idea, but do we need the game Starcraft itself? Cause I'm not very willing to buy it.

A suggestion for another BFME modding site is: http://modding-union.com/ . This is the site of the Edain mod team. Not sure if they are still alive, but if they are, you will need to learn die Deutsche Sprache mein freund :p.

Edited by Fredius, 14 January 2012 - 10:43 PM.

#4 Deathlord135

Deathlord135
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:06 AM

Lol I check out Modding union every so often and I've been wanting to learn german so I can understand the edain mod 2 better but im simply gonna wait till the english v comes out in a few months or so since its almost done.

#5 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

From what I read, you can only mod Starcraft II at a limited level.

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users