Dunno what caused it, probably me searching the web for Norwegian game developer websites and loading a hacked site by one of the game-devs. Somehow I would have thought they would be able to keep their sites clean, but eh. First windows security essentials warned me of two files, so I figured something had gone wrong.
I tried to remove them, but it must have been too late. the thing took over and did that typical "your computah has problems, pay for full version to fix". I've seen enough of those around and done my share of them on other pc's. This one was a bit more nasty though, called "system check", it hid pretty much every file on the computer, making it a bit hard to ignore.
After a reboot-safemode.w.network and some bleepingcomputers guides and rkill, tdsskiller, unhide.exe, and mbab, and manually msconfig'ing out a startup link that the other programs didn't catch for some reason... I think I've gotten rid of most of it, but I'm worried that my rootkit-removal skills are slim-to-none, so I'm not sure how long this will last if its still in there. Doing a full essentials scan again now, hoping to find the renamed virus files and the likes.
Edited by duke_Qa, 16 January 2012 - 10:28 AM.