Campaign Questions

4 replies to this topic

#1 Brashin

Brashin
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:40 PM

Hi Guys,

I have done a lot of searching in the forums and have not found answers to some questions I have and if they are already answered I do apologize.

Im playing core worlds v1.1.a with the unofficial bug fix v1.1.2 installed playing as Empire.

1) Not sure how to upgrade someone like Darth Vader at coruscant. He always has just 1 fighter during space battles. I saw somewhere that you should upgrade your starbase. So at Coruscant I have whatever is in the initial build and I just build a research bldg on the ground and then a bunch of Level 3 starbases. I even started a new game and built a research bldg on the ground and then a level 4 and 5 starbase and still do not know how to upgrade vader to a full squadron or anything else. Just not sure what I need to do for him or any other Imperial hero to upgrade.

2) For heroes that provide bonuses to production/research/build increase/revenue...basically non battle bonuses do they need to be on the planet ground or in space to receive the bonus? Or does it not matter?

3) Is there any way to tell on the galactic map how many starbases etc.. are in a planet. For example I am not sure what Coruscant has on it when it starts out other than the 2 Golans in the side panel. When I look at the Gal map it shows 4 out of 5 starbase icons filled even though I think I built like 3 additional Level 3 starbases so not sure what counts/not counts against the # of space structures built. I think I read the answer is no in some threads but I thought maybe that was more to where they are shown during a space battle.

4) Is it possible at all to build dark troopers? I think I have built most ground buildings on 1 of my planets and they dont show up as a build option so im thinking not.

Great mod and I do look forward to the manual as well as the new v1.2 as it sounds epic.

#2 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

Sith Lord of Campaigns

• Project Team
  • 2,035 posts
  •  Phoenix Rising QA Lead; Manual Editor

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:08 PM

Hi Guys,

I have done a lot of searching in the forums and have not found answers to some questions I have and if they are already answered I do apologize.

Im playing core worlds v1.1.a with the unofficial bug fix v1.1.2 installed playing as Empire.

1) Not sure how to upgrade someone like Darth Vader at coruscant. He always has just 1 fighter during space battles. I saw somewhere that you should upgrade your starbase. So at Coruscant I have whatever is in the initial build and I just build a research bldg on the ground and then a bunch of Level 3 starbases. I even started a new game and built a research bldg on the ground and then a level 4 and 5 starbase and still do not know how to upgrade vader to a full squadron or anything else. Just not sure what I need to do for him or any other Imperial hero to upgrade.

2) For heroes that provide bonuses to production/research/build increase/revenue...basically non battle bonuses do they need to be on the planet ground or in space to receive the bonus? Or does it not matter?

3) Is there any way to tell on the galactic map how many starbases etc.. are in a planet. For example I am not sure what Coruscant has on it when it starts out other than the 2 Golans in the side panel. When I look at the Gal map it shows 4 out of 5 starbase icons filled even though I think I built like 3 additional Level 3 starbases so not sure what counts/not counts against the # of space structures built. I think I read the answer is no in some threads but I thought maybe that was more to where they are shown during a space battle.

4) Is it possible at all to build dark troopers? I think I have built most ground buildings on 1 of my planets and they dont show up as a build option so im thinking not.

Great mod and I do look forward to the manual as well as the new v1.2 as it sounds epic.

1. Put heroes in Space. Darth Vader needs a level 1 starbase to upgrade to an elite fighter squadron, then on a planet with a level 4 and then Level 5 starbase to get the nice stuff.
2. Heroes automatically provide planetary advantages to economics and research if they apply.
3. Not in V1.1 We've fixed that for V1.2
4. No, but you get them as starting units in Operation Shadow Hand on some planets.

#3 sargeantsandwich

sargeantsandwich
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:41 AM

in 1.1 you can tell which starbases are built just from the construction options, and if you're really good you can tell how many there are just from the build time

#4 Brashin

Brashin
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

Thanks Ghost, I started a new core world camp as Empire just to build a lvl 1 and lvl 4 starbase for vader and was able to upgrade him. Is there a site/thread that shows what upgrades are needed for each hero as that would be a great resource.

Sarge, yes the more I play the more familiar I am becoming with the mod, however I am in no way good enough to tell how many based on the build times....yet :)

#5 smashedsaturn

smashedsaturn
  • Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:55 PM

why must you tease us with the new features of 1.2, the wait is getting unbearable ;)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users