The Definitive BFMEII Mod

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Arkantos

Arkantos
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:42 AM

I love SEE but lets face it that it wont be ready till 2014.
For a game that was released on 2006 it seem a long time on development for a BETA.
I just love 4.5 but im accepting that a definitive version wont happen and that it wont include campaign and maybe it will remain forever to be a 4.7beta.
So far i was happy with 4.5 on skirmish, and its an amazing work, better than the EA guys could even do even if all EA resources were applied to it. So i want to thank you on this matter.

Reason for this message is to ask you to think about this as well.
You cannot do this alone and this will remain on development forever. So its a great job you have done but you cannot proceed alone for another 10 years, least of all if for some reason with the Hobbit movie EA gets a renewal and creates a BFMEIII on 2013.
Past months ive been following a German mod that it changes gameplay and its just amazing, its made for rise of the witch king expansion but it just seems unreal, almost all mod ideas i wanted are there except all from SEE, and it modifies campaign and multiplayer as well. New factions, new items, new heroes, new uses for ring, new AI, new units, etc, etc, etc its just great, and so far is better than SSE, but it lacks from all of SSE.
My point is that you should stop being alone and maybe to try to reach those guys and merge ideas, merge concepts from SSE and that mod.
Please try this mod http://www.moddb.com/mods/edain-mod and check it four yourself. If a merger between mods would happen, that would be a definitive mod and better than EA could ever achieve, it would be accurate to the movies and with better gameplay than ever.
They lack from all what you have, scenarios, models, random models on units, physics adjustments, defense AI, etc, all that is SSE its not there. But all that you dont have on SEE and its present on almost all other mod is there, changes lots of stuff and feels like a new game, an exciting game completely different from BFMEII but still they use same models and physics therefore altough game changes a lot, basics are still there, basics that you change on SEE. Please take this into account, you could try to reach them and have them on revora, and create a definitive mod as they lack from stuff of your team, but they have lots programmers and media artists.
I know this seems like a dream for me, and that you may say "no" because all your hardwork invested on it, but im real on this and i know SSE4.7 wont be ready ever, and that Edain mod will always lack from all your stuff.
After all its the same framework on BFMEII and could be integrated so easily.
Well thats just my suggestion and i wish you could try to reach them and merge projects.
This is not meant as hatepost or controversial topic, you may delete once upon nazgul reading this, but i just hope one day we could have those 2 mods as one and all would be better.

Greets.

#2 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:10 AM

We recognise and appreciate your input. You will need to be patient. Nazgul is our coder and director when his life gets very busy his hobbies have to wait.

SEE will not merge with Edain. Its a great mod, and we've traded assets in the past, however what remains for the future is unknown.

We did make serious headway on the goblin faction, so with large amounts of time several factions could be pounded out rather quickly. But time is always the real issue.

Thanks for your post.

#3 Gollum

Gollum
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:27 AM

Yeah Edain and SEE have a partnership and that seems all it will be.

Like NJM said Naz gets busy (Any update on that by the way?)

The Edain mod has actually contributed a lot to this mod as well as SEE has contributed a lot to the Edain mod.

And I don't think EA will be doing anything more with LOTR lore including the Hobbit because if I am correct I believe that the Hobbit's rights belong to WB games along with the LOTR rights. So all we can do now is hope for the best!
I'm not listening, not listening!

#4 Sauron-the-Deciever

Sauron-the-Deciever
  • Members
  • 41 posts
  • Projects:Bodies Stay Compilation

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:54 AM

I also think EA lost their license...

Posted Image Posted Image
You cannot hide. I see you. There is no life in the void. Only death.
Posted Image Posted Image
No Man can kill me!

Posted Image

Ash Nazg Durbatuluk, Ash Nazg Gimbatul, Ash Nazg Thrakatuluk, Agh Burzum-ishi Krimpatul.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users