25 replies to this topic

#1 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:10 PM

This topic is a little off topic. I was doing some work on a minecraft mod and needed a place to upload it for sharing. I am not the orginal author, I just converted it to multiplayer.

Attached File  CastleDefense2.2 SMP.rar   180.45KB   112 downloads

It requires modloader and modloaderMP.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#2 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:45 PM

So are you modding minecraft instead of generals now?

#3 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

Just a little on the side. I've been so busy with my job that i've had pretty much no time for anything else. It doesn't help my modding disposition that I've been spending 10 hours a day writing code at the office. When I get home I just don't want to look at mods.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#4 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

That's explains how your so good at modding!

#5 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

Quite the irony, the opposite is true. I taught myself my job skills by modding. They love me at work because I think out of the box. I don't always have the best solution, but I can always offer one that hasn't been tried yet.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

Who says nodding is a waste of time?! :)

#7 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

A bit off topic: I firmly believe that nothing is a waste of time (even just sitting around you tend to be thinking about things). Doesn't mean you can't use your time better (such as when you have homework to get done & instead are posting on forums), but everything has at least some value.

#8 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:08 PM

Just a little on the side. I've been so busy with my job that i've had pretty much no time for anything else. It doesn't help my modding disposition that I've been spending 10 hours a day writing code at the office. When I get home I just don't want to look at mods.

So will you never come back?

And I agree Apocalyps, it's not;)

Edited by Tomeister, 08 March 2012 - 10:09 PM.

#9 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:51 AM

To quote Avenue Q: "It's only for now." I can't imagine Pend staying away, as he should at least be providing his insight. I'll start working on it a bit more full time (not going to mess with AI yet though) once finals are over.

#10 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

Apocolyps is absolutely right. I won't "stay away". I'll continue to keep in touch and share ideas and insight, but I think passing the torch is the best thing I can do for the mod right now.

A couple years back I passed the torch to Rosco. He worked on it for a year or so before reaching his own burn out, but it was the break I needed and I picked things back up and did some of my very best work after that.

I'm cool with Apocolyps taking over. He has his head screwed on well, has been a long time member of the community, and perhaps most important, his goals are well grounded in areas he can achieve while learning more. When modding it's important to set goals within your reach. As you achieve them set new goals with higher ambitions. In time you can make something really grand... but you have to start small. Even the pyramids have a foundation in the dirt.

Who know's, maybe in a couple years I'll have a craving for some Remix. ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:41 PM

Apocolyps is absolutely right. I won't "stay away". I'll continue to keep in touch and share ideas and insight, but I think passing the torch is the best thing I can do for the mod right now.

A couple years back I passed the torch to Rosco. He worked on it for a year or so before reaching his own burn out, but it was the break I needed and I picked things back up and did some of my very best work after that.

I'm cool with Apocolyps taking over. He has his head screwed on well, has been a long time member of the community, and perhaps most important, his goals are well grounded in areas he can achieve while learning more. When modding it's important to set goals within your reach. As you achieve them set new goals with higher ambitions. In time you can make something really grand... but you have to start small. Even the pyramids have a foundation in the dirt.

Who know's, maybe in a couple years I'll have a craving for some Remix. ;)

. Cool. Well I hope you come back some day. You and acopalyps would be a good team!

Off topic, but I really need to know- what file is the SDI cannon's behaviour code? Its not in the supw genfile as far as i can see. And is there a place I could ask question like these(on topic) ;)

Edited by Tomeister, 09 March 2012 - 10:44 PM.

#12 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:39 PM

Under SuperWeaponGeneral: Object SupW_AmericaSDI. I believe that this includes its behaviors (look under "engineering parameters"). Although it'd be better to post such questions in the "new blood" topic.

#13 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:42 AM

Under SuperWeaponGeneral: Object SupW_AmericaSDI. I believe that this includes its behaviors (look under "engineering parameters"). Although it'd be better to post such questions in the "new blood" topic.

Thanks!

#14 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

Survival multiplayer
Jap Castle1.jpg
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  • Projects:Middle-Earth Expanded
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:25 AM

Why dont you put this in our Minecraft forums? http://forums.revora...2510-minecraft/

#16 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

I've just been using this thread to pass files and pics... Once I've finished my project I might try and share it with a larger audience. Right now I'm just falling back on the convenience and familiarity of my old forum as a utility.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

Is remix modding different to minecraft?

#18 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

extremely different. In minecraft we can decompile the source code and work with it directly. There's pretty much no limit to what you can make. Even if the game engine doesn't support it, that's OK, just edit the game engine.

It's a lot more work to get started on a mod, and requires a much deeper understanding of programming, but it is exponentially more open and the possibilities are endless.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

Oh... hey... sorry I didn't catch this sooner.

So Pend... yea, we got our own little section for Minecraft here at Revora. It would be great to have more activity since we seem to have quite a few people at Revora interested and modding Minecraft, but only me and a few others actually post about it. How about this... visit the section sometime and post your project ideas there and we can get you some official help. We do have a programmer in our ranks, so most indeed'ery we can get you started and get you some good PR for your projects.

#20 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  • Projects:Middle-Earth Expanded
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

Hmmm... Yes, we indeed do have a programmer in zi ranks. His name, i seem to recall is {IP}Apollo... Oh, right, thats me! haha..... :p

Edited by {IP}Apollo, 16 April 2012 - 11:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users