Fire weapons independently

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kaa

kaa
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

I have a unit (helicopter) with primary and secondary. Minigun and rockets. However helicopter either fire rockets, or minigun, not both. Rockets have large cooldown, so it's rather annoying to wait when minigun will attack infantry after rocket fire at tank.

How can i make it so helicopter can fly over enemy and shoot both weapons at the same time? (i.e. group of infanry and tanks under the heli, and heli will kill infantry while at the same time shoot rockets at tanks)

Sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand what i mean :)

#2 Gameaddict11707

Gameaddict11707
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:10 PM

It can't be done. As far as I know, RA2's coding doesn't allow for multiple weapons to be fired simultaneously from one unit (Primary & Secondary). The closest workaround I can think of would be to give the helicopter "OpenTopped=yes", 1 or 2 passengers, and have a rocket-armed infantry inside it, while still keeping the heli's minigun as a primary.

#3 kaa

kaa
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:10 PM

i see... well, i decide than to just have limited ammo for rockets.
And add following lines

PipScale=Ammo
PipWrap=8
Ammo=8
InitialAmmo=8
Reload=150
EmptyReload=300

That's was for rockets, but ammo also consume minigun. So after 8 infantry kills i can't use rockets, and must also long wait for another shot with mingun.
/facepalm

What did i do wrong? How can i make only rockets use ammo?
So much trouble with that heli.

#4 Starkku

Starkku

Putting the Pro' in 'Procrastination'

• Hosted
  • 434 posts
  • Projects:Project Phantom
  •  Developer of Project Phantom mod for C&C: Yuri's Revenge.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

You didn't really do anything wrong there, it's just how the ammo logic works in this game. Ammo is shared by all of the weapons so what you're asking for there is, unfortunately enough, impossible to achieve.

eWPQbKY.png

#5 LEGO

LEGO

title available

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:17 AM

you can't fire both weapons simultaneously, but there is a solution that is pretty close:

IsGattling=yes
TurretCount=1
WeaponCount=4
Weapon1=HELIROCKET1;
Weapon2=BlackHawkCannon;
Weapon3=BlackHawkCannon;
Weapon4=BlackHawkCannon;
EliteWeapon1=HELIROCKET1;
EliteWeapon2=BlackHawkCannonE;
EliteWeapon3=BlackHawkCannonE;
EliteWeapon4=BlackHawkCannonE;
WeaponStages=2
Stage1=20;
Stage2=200;1
EliteStage1=20;
EliteStage2=200;1
RateUp=1
RateDown=1;

Make it so, then the Heli will attack any target first with a few rockets, then gun. If you want to reload rockets, you have to dis-engage them from battle, and rest the Heli for a while.

And, if you search and download NPEXT, it can help enhance the effect by adding:
IsCyclicGattling=yes
then the heli can reload its rocket even in battle, thus make it switch rockets/guns periodically. Same as the Heli in RA3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users