left64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruayp.pngAotF.pngright64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruf44.png

#42 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts
  • Projects:Luckily AotR Mapping

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

Well I gave it a quick test and everything was going to plan until wave one arrived and there where far too many uruks and ladders, I got wiped out out within about five minutes. I'll probably reduce the amount of uruks by probably 40% and double the amount of elves (You can never have too many elves).

#43 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

Well I'm off for a day out tommorow and cheeky me may have spent the last day and a half playing TDH (damn it's fun) so any scripting work has been postponed until monday.

#44 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

Helms deep's sort of almost there I reckon a day or two, so far i've got all the fancy stuff (Audio, cinematics etc) working, Elves arriving, uruks arriving and attacking so all I've got left to do is make gandalf arrive and then I'll be on to Isenguard.

Also I thought I'd say now that due to the fact that both TEA:CE and TDH have new heroes and units I'll be making a vanilla, TDH and TEA:CE versions (luckily it really isn't that much more work it's just editing and adding things mostly).

#45 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

Looking very nice. I enjoyed playing the original version. Actually, the first time I ever opened WB was when I was trying to edit the multiplayer version into singleplayer. I did not know at the time that a singleplayer version existed. When I could not figure out WB, I hosted the multiplayer game on the EA servers. When the game started, I left the computer for like 15 minutes. When I came back, everyone else had quit (and did not have many pleasant things to say :p), and I recruited their heroes. And that is how I played singleplayer.

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#46 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:10 AM

Oh you sneaky bugger ^_^

#47 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

Well i have been slightly side tracked though all that's left to do for helms deep is get the beserker to set off the bomb, have a fiddle with the timers and make a few more horsemen for gandalf (They all got wiped out in the last test I did).

#48 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

Right I have a question for you guys due to the fact that currently during Helms deep when Eomer and Gandy arrive they and their accompanying army are obliterated by Uruk pikemen, so I can either plod along slowing down my progress trying everything in my power to make enough horseman to beat this overwhelming mass of spears or make the current twelve Rohirrim hordes Invincible.

Obviously making them invincible makes this problem much easier to fix though it also means you can't lose.

#49 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:06 AM

So.. Using cloud break doesn't make them unable to use porcupine formation? I would think that as long as they aren't in formation some very high powered Rohirrim could still win... Especially if you get them to turn to the sides and go around the pikes.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#50 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:55 AM

Is it possible to make a unit invincible via scripting.
I haven't scripted in a while and I can't remember.
If so then make the invisibility temporary.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#51 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

Nope they aren't in formation and the rohirrim that arrive are fully upgradable though I've decided to make them invincible anyway

#52 Bashkuga

Bashkuga

Because good guys are too mainstream

• Project Team
  • 2,039 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring Betatester and Mapper, Edain Mod Betatester
  •  Out of the frying pan, and into the fire..

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

With "Invincible" you guys mean "Indestructable"? It's possible to make them indestructable and then destructable through scripts, it's a very easy one too :p.

#53 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

Yeah that's what I'm doing.

-Edit scratch that, bloody helms deep is really trying my patience

Edited by Fudge, 07 April 2012 - 06:55 PM.

#54 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

Scripting and a brilliant looking map. :thumbsuphappy:

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#55 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

Thanks well currently I'm taking a break from it, Helms deep is really tiring to get working.

#56 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

Alright seeing as Helm's Deep has practically brought this whole thing to a halt I'm going to leave it as it is now, upload some photo's of it then and continue on to Isenguard.

Everything but Gandalf's arrival and The Bomb actually blowing up is done so it seems silly to let these two little things pause the map's progression.

#57 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

"Helms Deep" (So Far)

Right well anyone who read my previous post will understand why I say "So far", (Sorry for the large amount of photo's but I thought I'd make up for the long wait for this update)

The Calm Before the Siege

Once Fangorn has been completed the camera fades to show you the Helms deep (I didn't take any screenshots of the Cine as anyone who's played the campaign will have seen it before) and after a cinematic your instructed to have your forces ready for an impending Isenguard army.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Elven reinforcements arrive to support the forces of rohan in their defence (quite a few of them actually).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Positioning Elves along the wall and yeomen along the (I'll just call it tall wall) tall wall gives a very good protection to the whole fortress.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Isenguard arrives

Uruk Hai arrive in masses and advance onwards to the deeping wall.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Though the Elves have come fully equiped and pose quite a problem for any Uruk without a crossbow.

Posted Image

Posted Image

After the first wave has been thinned a second arrives, this wave has come prepared and can take what ever rohan can throw at them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

They couldn't be kept off the walls for ever and soon the elves are overrun.

Posted Image

Posted Image

A bomb is carried up towards and deployed on the culvert and soon afterwards a beserker wielding a lit torch sets it off (Well he will when he's scripted correctly).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now as I stated Gandalf doesn't arrive so there's no screenshots of that which means that's the end of this update, I hope you enjoyed what there was of it.

#58 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

Looks awesome! Almost like the campaign, although I will say more realistic! Coz you've only got the Yeomen and Galadhrim on the walls!

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#59 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:29 PM

Thanks very much

#60 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted