#1 Jargalhurts

Jargalhurts

Mental Face

• Project Team
  • 328 posts
  • Projects:Nothing worth showing off.
  •  Actually Yngwie of House Malmsteen.

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:28 AM

In this topic, post all of the missions suggestions you have been wanting to post. You can also post your ideas for co-op missions or what 2.0 missions you want to be in and how do you want to improve it when it gets ported to 3.0.

So, people. Start typing.

Actually Yngwie of Haus Malmsteen, feefty eenches of pure Svwedish beef.

#2 ZodiacX

ZodiacX
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:45 AM

I HOPE that 3.0 will have completely new missions since it will be a bit boring to see ported/remade missions from 2.0

#3 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:10 PM

Though we might port or remake a few popular missions from 2.0, most of them will be completely new. And we'll hopefully have considerably more missions.

#4 Atomic_Noodles

Atomic_Noodles

Colony Hivemind

• Project Team
  • 854 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert - Colony Wars
  •  Colony Wars Hive Mind

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

A Puzzle mission or two could be fun. I.E: Using a chain reaction effect via units like the Virus (If its still in-game?) or the "Soviet Terrorists"

~ Getting cringe reactions when you see a RAINBOW means you have issues. ~

"This World is an Illussion,Exile" -High Templar Dominus

#5 Jargalhurts

Jargalhurts

Mental Face

• Project Team
  • 328 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

A Puzzle mission or two could be fun. I.E: Using a chain reaction effect via units like the Virus (If its still in-game?) or the "Soviet Terrorists"

As Speeder said before once, Virus is a stolen tech unit.

#6 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

So what? We can use it in campaigns all we want.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#7 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:02 PM

What I hope for in 3.0 are campaigns that are actually possible to beat on Easy. I was never a hardcore player, and I find even the vanilla campaigns to be quite hard (like Red Revolution), and these missions are just impossible. In 2.0 I managed to get to Allied mission 3, but I get annihilated whatever I do because the enemy sends a constant wave of chaos drones at me. Not cool at all, unlike the other parts of the mod. Soviet mission 1 and Epsilon Mission 1 are also impossible. I found this mod many years ago, and have been following it ever since, but after 4 years, I still can't beat even the first missions of the campaigns (with the exception of the Allies). They make me suicidal.
So yeah, hoping for actually playable and enjoyable and fun campaigns on easy.

Also it would be nice seeing a mission that takes place inside a base, like in RA1. I always loved them (even if they were hard - at least for me - though never impossible).

I also wonder if there'll be at least CG videos in 3.0 (not fmvs with actors). But that is off-topic.

Edited by Solais, 27 March 2012 - 08:03 PM.

#8 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

Hello Solais, welcome to the forums!

We'll try to make starting missions easy enough for casual, and having a more consistent learning curve so you don't get sudden difficulty spikes. AI will also be redesigned, so we'd like to hear your opinion on that too.

As for CG videos, we did have that planned, but considering how difficult it has been to find proper clips, and how much time and effort it takes to create them ourselves, we've dropped the idea for now.

#9 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

That's good to hear! A consistent learning curve is really a must for every game, for 2.0 it's almost nonexistent. The sad part is that I think most of those 2.0 are brilliant, they are just too hard.

Too bad about the CG videos, but that is to be expected, those can be tought to make.

Godspeed to the whole team!

#10 Jargalhurts

Jargalhurts

Mental Face

• Project Team
  • 328 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

I wonder if you could add a Soviet mission where Morales have to use his KillDriver to steal Allied prototypes into Soviet labs.

#11 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

A mission with Morales is definitely something that'll pop up. Maybe the starting missions should also act as introductions to the new units as well, as we don't really have a tutorial or anything for it. :p

#12 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

Well in RA2 and YR, when a new unit popped up, it was always highlighted and explained by the player's helper. I read that you're planning voiceovers for briefings and the like, maybe you could include vanilla game like introductions to new units as well.

Edited by Solais, 28 March 2012 - 07:55 PM.

#13 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:06 PM

Yes, but remember that RA2/YR didn't have a manual with detailed information about units, infantry etc. We have it, on our website.

All it takes is to read it.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#14 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

Ummmm........ Speed. RA2 DID have a manual with detailed info.
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#15 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts
  •  Parce mihi, Domine, quia Dalmata sum.

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

So did TS/FS, TW, RA3/UPR (dunno about KW, but it surely has it too).... Not that Westwood manuals were 100% correct, but still...

Administrator of CNCNZ.com and EVA Database, the C&C Wiki

You are also welcome to make use of my archives of official files:

C&C File Archive | BFME File Archive | Dune File Archive

#16 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

I started playing the levels more seriously, and after I beat the Allied campaign and in the middle of the other two, I think what needs to be mostly tuned are the commando missions. I already said how Paranoiac is almost impossible, especially with the chaos carts, I could only beat it with the tactic Speeder posted on his twitter (that youtube video showing the invisible seals; I also used the same thing in that mission where I had to destroy the migs and the amplifier). But for most of the other missions where I could build actual bases, they weren't so bad at all, with the notable exception of the very last mission that is impossible without cheating. The interesting is that there are a few commando missions that are actually a lot more tame than the ones previously. Like Soviet Mission 2 is kinda hard, but the one mission where I had to capture the amplifier was piss easy. So yeah, the difficulty curve is really going all round the place now that I've been playing more of these missions. (Sometimes I wonder why I couldn't beat some of these when I first played them many years ago.)

If Paranoiac will be remade, I think it should be either easier, or being a much later mission. Speeder also mentioned the second Allied Mission to be a good one, I think the difficulty of that is just right, along with the just now mentioned Epsilon Mission 1, that turned out to be quite fun after I figured it out, it wasn't that hard at all.

Also, I hope there will be at least one mission for each of the heroes to shine. Or maybe a later mission where all 9 heores clash.

Edited by Solais, 15 April 2012 - 06:11 PM.

#17 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

We'll definitely have a more logical learning curve for single player.

#18 Aasgier

Aasgier

title available

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

The second soviet mission is also really awesome, mostly for the Nuke exploit.
Blow that first Slave miner and Sentry gun you encounter, then allow the nukes to do everything else. I even managed to have the Second objective completed before the first one except for one Demo Truck I didn't find right away.

#19 zocker4ever

zocker4ever
  • Members
  • 57 posts
  • Projects:One Vision, Reasonable Revenge

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:34 PM

Something I'd like to play is where you save Yuri from the T-Rex or infiltrate that allied psy prison in order to free him (whatever storyline you continue).

Epsilon Missions I really liked are Duality (korean conflict) and the mission where you have to destroy the soviet cosmonaut camps.
Also jurassic and lunar missions are awesome but imo you shouldn't overdo it. And don't forgot some humor ;)

#20 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:28 PM

Something I'd like to play is where you save Yuri from the T-Rex or infiltrate that allied psy prison in order to free him (whatever storyline you continue).

That can't happen because we're not continuing any storyline. We're redoing the RA2 one and expand it with Yuri.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users