It's too quiet here...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Attacque Superior, OpenRA, Nomad Galaxy, Crystallized Doom, random ORA mod support/voicing
  •  Your favourite proud heretic renegade reaper of the stupid people

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:03 AM

Hm. It's almost a year since I got hosted and since that moment, I shown nothing.

A lot have changed. All of a sudden, this mod turned into a partial conversion featuring five sides in my mind... and so I decided to make that happen.

And where am I now? If I wouldn't be such a failure upon cameos, this mod could have been showcased a while now. Ah well. We'll see how will I fix that. Currently minus cameos and some unit arts, 4 sides out of 5 are complete, only needs balance and some cleanup.

That's actually nice... but still, just words. So, let me showcase what I've done. :p

OK, so where shall I start... I know. You remember/seen that sidebar I released on PPM a while ago? Everybody said it's bad. Well, it got redone.

Posted Image

I think this one shall please everyone out there. Special thanks for Atomic Noodles to figuring out a nice shade for this.

And btw, Allies are green now.

Posted Image

You can see, I changed Allies outfit pretty much. Well, there is a reason for that. The United States and Korea are no longer part of them. Yeah, Allies got effectively degraded to Europe. This will be explained later. To end my post of this... I just showcase some units and the new voxel schemes through them.

Posted Image

German Claymore Tank

Posted Image

Antarctican Lasher Tank

Posted Image

Soviet Flak Track

Posted Image

Australian Mammoth Tank

Posted Image

German Schtauffen Armor Puncher

Posted Image

Antarctican Cobra

Ah, and thank you for your interest. I hope what I could show will be interesting for you.

Edited by Graion Dilach, 12 March 2012 - 12:04 AM.

kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#2 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:58 AM

It's looking good, sidebar is definitely an improvement and the recolours are nicely done.

Though if you'll listen to this art students advice, the full green colour scheme of the tanks clashes with the primarily grey schemes on allies buildings.

In the original game allies were blue, but didn't have fully blue tanks, they had grey with blue accents. This provided visual cohesion between the buildings and the vehicles which as you can see isn't quite there with your vehicles. Ultimately the decision is entirely yours though, as I can see you seem to be making all the vehicles you have very colourful (well, except that soviet one)

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,272 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:21 AM

Well I quite like the comical full colour units, though perhaps more 'techy' bits of grey would be nice too. I really don't like the green coloured Allied buildings though, I don't know why a faction with a primary remap colour of green has to be green all over. With the buildings it really doesn't make sense since metal is cold and should reflect 'bluish' colours.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Attacque Superior, OpenRA, Nomad Galaxy, Crystallized Doom, random ORA mod support/voicing

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

I have to create a non-faction-remapped screenshots from the tanks, too, I see. Maybe blue. Because so far nobody noticed that the tanks are not full-remap.

Bolt, I don't want to have blue Allies. For me, blue reflects the US in the Allies and since US is no more, I wanted to go with green. Even if metals are bluish, there is paint for that.

The new schemes are actually a complete palette overhaul along with fitting vpls. No units are full-remapped. In fact, Schtauffen got shotted accidentally with the second green colourscheme, while Crusader used the first along with the big Allied screenshot... and I only noticed it after I puitted it out.

And I am not sure about the Soviet scheme still. I'm still not satisfied with that one, but maybe I'll just keep the colors and retexturize.

Edited by Graion Dilach, 12 March 2012 - 10:04 AM.

kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

#5 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:30 PM

So I noticed that due to my fitting almost-blending-in chosen faction colors persuaded the people that I am going with full-remap sides. That's just plain wrong.

Posted Image Posted Image

OTOH, I take this as a compliment, since this means I could really pair remap schemes with palette gradients enough well to trick almost everybody into it. :p
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

#6 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:36 AM

I didn't think you were going full remap, thus my advice. Though yes the colour schemes did go well with the factions 'default' colour, (except the aforementioned clashing between vehicles and structures schemes).

Though since it's brought up now, your remap parts are really small, which does impact the unit's readability quite a bit. The default unit's had large areas of remap so you can quickly tell which team they're on.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users