3.0 Progress

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kjwilk91

kjwilk91
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

Let me first off say I'm not asking when MO 3.0 will be released but before the site update we were able to see what progress was being made and what beta version the dev team was on. Is there anyway for us followers to be able to see that still? I'm getting anxious!
$su

This is my signature.

#2 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

Well, I know how even a small project can take a lot of time (since I'm working on one for some other game), so I can imagine that they are busy with this 24/7. I guess we should be just patient, though there was word about something like the hero spotlights not taking months to make now. Then again, it is spring, the time of end-term exams and the like, they must be even more busier than normal. (Well, I don't really know how old are they, if they are in school or have a job, but still.)

#3 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

Of course, most of us are students, so exams will eat up a lot of staff time coming this summer.

A new update will actually be coming out this month, so stay tuned!

It does seem that info about the current beta version the staff are using has been removed from the site. I suppose it's because we had a period where the versions were changing so fast, it was hard to constantly update the site with the new version.

At the moment, we're busy with a very special version though, so it'll remain for now. You can follow most progress on Speeder's twitter, the Facebook page, or ModDB, or, if you really want to stay on top of the latest news, go to our IRC channel, where we discuss development almost daily (and mess around as well). We're most active between 8:00 P.M. and 12:00 A.M. GMT +01:00

#4 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

We're busy with ironing out the last few faction-design details out, then I'll begin writing again. We'll probably start off with buildings/armory as well, just like the Allied, and work our way up like that, as unit/infantry descriptions are quite a bit more detailed than the building ones. :p

#5 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:27 PM

@zenothist

Thanks a lot. I have been wondering too. :D

@kjwilk91, solaris

Well, if you are that impatient yourself, try a hand on making something instead of playing it. :D It takes skill and time, but hell, making new singleplayer MO missions with Final Alert 2 has been enjoyable for me. Or of course, you can help the devs if you can spare the time. ^^

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#6 RP.

RP.

Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 447 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega 3.0
  •  Mental Omega Mission Coder

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:30 AM

Exactly. If you want to play MO 3.0, you have to contribute: http://mo.cncguild.n...x.php?page=jobs

Posted Image

FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor ™

Mental Omega mission coder

#7 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

I have heard about it. I am rather interested, but I am not too sure if I can commit (I am starting university in two weeks). Singleplayer missions take hell of a long time to make. :p And I don't do multiplayer maps (though I can try).

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#8 RP.

RP.

Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 447 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega 3.0
  •  Mental Omega Mission Coder

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

You can always send an email, if we like it and you want to start making SP missions, I can train you in creating quality and relatively fast created missions.

Posted Image

FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor ™

Mental Omega mission coder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users