TDH 0.75 Campaign ?!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ianadoremos

ianadoremos
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

Hey guys I just want to know, when I saw the map in the good campaign in TDH 0.75, the map was very different, it is not the usual Middle earth map in BFME, it is a table with a dwarven helmet, axe, and a map, instead of Moria you guys changed it to "Eastgate" Which I wondered . Are you guys setting a new dwarven campaign in the next release?

#2 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

A campaign is a LOT of work to do. Each encounter needs to be mapped, which can take quite a while to keep the quality standard up. Then it needs to be scripted to make the objectives and bonus objectives work. It also needs new audio for the narrator and other stuff. So every single encounter could take months to finish. Not to mention, alot of new custom art that would need to be done.

But it is true that we want and hope to make a campaign eventually, as it would really complete the mod. But at the moment, there hasn't really been any work on the campaign. So no, there won't be a dwarven campaign in the next release, as that will only containt bug fixes and other minor stuff ;)
Btw; The normal campaign would crash if you played it after all the changes that's been done, so that's why we made it Unavailable. It's not possible to disable it. The dwarven table stuff is just something almighty God (Nertea) made as a side-project when he was sick of coding. You can open it and check it out, but if you click on the first mission, the game will crash (on purpose).

Hope this helps to keep your hope down :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users