• 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:38 AM

Hello everyone,

I know it has been quite some time since any news has surfaced of this project. Though rest assured there are things stirring behind the scenes. This is why I am putting this out there.

I need to hire ONE person who would be able to test the mod one on one with me so as to better test out new features from an actual gameplay perspective. Since this mod is being made with multiplayer in mind, we need to know how all the new things we add will work in a multiplayer scenario. Which we simply cannot do with the AI.

Requirements? The only two requirements I have, are that the person has a time zone relatively in favour of my own. (GMT +900) This is Japan time. However if you can be 100% available even being in a timezone that isn't... well near Japan. That will work too. (To give you an idea it is 09:35am at the time of writing this article). The other requirement, is that the person at least has somewhat of a reputation here on T3A. I'm not about to hire a nobody that I do not know anything about, then trust them with important stuff.

So as long as I know who you are, and you can cooperate with my timezone then we can make this work out.

Thank you,
Kwen - The Peloponnesian Wars Mod Team

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#2 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  • Projects:Middle-Earth Expanded
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

hmmm, Interesting post! I am being tempted to help you out because the first beta i did rather enjoy. I am not all that AMAZING at the game but im alright. I live in the u.s (p.a) im writing this at 9:25a.m, about a 11 hour difference in time. So when you get up it will be a little bit late for me but i can still do it. i cant do it in the morning due to school. :p

#3 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

Ah, East Coast. That's my Native Time Zone. Well, with that most likely the only option would be on weekends, however even that is satisfactory to me. We'll see if we can work something out.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#4 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

P.M me and we can sort out the details. how many testers are you going to have? 1-2? 1v1v1? 1v2? 2v1? etc.... you did say one but it may help to have 2 after a while. start with just me or someone else you prefer then get someone else so that you can get lots of feedback. then release it..

Edited by {IP}Apollo, 15 April 2012 - 03:49 PM.

#5 Chocolate Star

Chocolate Star

Count

• Project Team
  • 431 posts
  • Projects:BFME II: Passion & From Book 2 Game

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

get a 4 v 4 going... I can't remember but one map on the expansion rotwk was really good for this wish it was in BFME2.

#6 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

The testing is mainly about testing counter-measures in the game. To check if defensive powers can cancel out offensive powers, to check how good the different units are against each other, ect...
It's not really about playing.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#7 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

Exactly. I love testing out new things but not actually really playing the game. That's why i love mods so much! haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users