• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

http://dailycaller.c...d-another-bank/

So apparently gun manufacturers have lost their appeal to the Bank of America and vise versa recently as one in particular is turned down service for... simply making guns. As the article states, since this manufacturer no longer seems to focus on accessories and only focuses on gun manufacturing (the humanity of it!), their long time good service is denied. Needless to say, this has made gun owners not so keen on Bank of America.

#2 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

But anti-gun people will more likely go thumbs up for this. Although I suspect they already fled for a credit union after the occupy movement had that anti-big-bank rhetoric flying around.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#3 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

Well that's not really a game changing factor though. While gun folk like myself will refuse service, anti-gun people won't necessarily switch their service just because of this. They might just chuckle and move on. This is similar to my Assassin's Creed lawsuit topic... while Assassin's Creed fans will utterly despise the man who's suing Ubisoft, non-fans of the game will find it amusing but pay no service to the assaulter just because he's attacking the franchise. Bank of America and stupid book guy may get a few extra patrons or two from all this, but it doesn't compare to the potential and current patrons lost, which will mass into the thousands... this I can guarantee.

#4 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:38 AM

I know I'm late to the party, but what is Bank of America trying to prove? That they have ethical standards? Man, that would be rich. A bank chain responsible for destroying families is anti-gun. The stupidity is mind boggling.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#5 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:07 AM

I can't wait for the day we get proper punishments for macro-crimes indirectly caused by reckless economic manipulation. If you caused a global recession out of greed, you should be placed in front of a international court for judgment.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#6 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:03 PM

Yea, it just takes one man in a franchise to make a whole lot of bad decisions based on personal grief and opinion. While these people are in their rights to have an opinion, unfortunately, their franchise ultimately pays the price for it. And taking a stand against guns is not noble in any sense... I dare call hypocrite to the man who ultimately made the decision to deny gun manufacturers business. While I bet 99% of Bank of America employees salute men and women in wars one second, they deny the American manufacturers that arm them the next. You can't support people in warfare and call them heroes and such while holding such blunt bias towards the raw materials of warfare... I personally have as much respect for a 'solder' that I do a garbage man, but you can't deny American arms dealers specifically service veterans and casual shooters alike. I don't recall our arms dealers servicing criminals or opposing forces. Oh sorry... a terrorist and a gang lord got a hold of a single action revolver made in Austin, Texas... your company is therefore evil and despicable. Go choke on First Farmers Bank for all we care. I seriously want to know the real meat of this story.

And I completely forgot to add... leave it to the festering interest capitols of the world to take moral stands. I har.

Edited by {IP}Pasidon, 18 May 2012 - 07:06 PM.

#7 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:25 AM

...and casual shooters alike.

That's where the grey zone gets crossed for me. What would a casual shooter need a automatic weapon of war for? We don't sell m4a1 carbines to civilians around here because the scenarios you have use for it are slim to none beyond idiotic mass-murder.

A civilian could be a pretty decent insurgent with a hunting rifle and some shotguns. Automatic rifles are irrelevant if you know your ground and can take out an enemy with a well placed shot... Instead of Michael Baying a ton of bullets into everything causing massive collateral damage.
If you got invaded and needed a gun to protect yourself, chances are the war would be so asymmetric that those that invaded in the first place would wipe you off the map if they felt like it. Why not be smart and get a guerilla weapon that can be used for hunting in peace times?

I don't recall our arms dealers servicing criminals or opposing forces.

I guess you got a bad memory :) But the low-threshold of buying weapons have brought death to Mexico by the tens of thousands. Selling by proxy is just as bad as selling directly. I'm surprised there isn't a death penalty for selling weapons to organized crime in the US. And if there is rules for it, I wonder why nobody pursues them. I guess the answer is NRA.

All in all, I think BoA have pleased more customers than they have displeased. The gun-freedom the US have embraced for so long are most likely going to be controlled more and more: DNA registration of buyers, more advanced registration systems that are harder to get off the weapon, stricter psychological evaluations, harsher punishment for gun-runners and others who are making money on selling death. As with the slowly dying fight against gay marriage, gun control will infest the anarchy and bring consequences to the casual that makes the pill too bitter to swallow.

#8 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:27 AM

What Pasidon means is that you won't be seeing advertised discounts and promotions to criminals. I'm aware criminals buy guns... but they also buy turkey. That turkey kept George A. Frankherder alive: the world famous woman stabber! Deny all to the people who produce and distribute the turkey bird! And by the way... automatic weapons are illegal to US citizens without a very impossible license. And semi-autos are very necessary. And apparently guns don't kill people... according to Happy Gilmore.

#9 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:04 AM

"Hitler ate sugar" as they say. Difference between sugar and guns is quite clear most of the time, and so should the difference between turkey and guns be too :).

If you want to curb the amount of illegal weapon sales, add foolproof identification methods to the guns that link it to both the salesman and the buyer(lasering in thousands of microscopic barcodes that are invisible to the naked eye would be a good start, and probably not too hard to get a machine to do either. ). Don't see how that would make it harder for people to get their guns, just harder to get away with crimes.

#10 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:55 PM

Most gun crimes don't work, really. Besides 'veterans' running a muck... but there really is a hard system in the US for getting a gun. Manufacturing numbers can link every owner of the rifle, registered or not. Guns are always sold if produced by a manufacturing company... and after that gun sells, the first owner is responsible and knowledgeable of the weapon's situation. I may or ma not have rifles that I got from previous owners, and if I shot someone with them, it is very easy to trace. If you've watched CSI, you should know that. This is why Dexter used knives. And yes, television shows are authentic citable sources.

#11 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

Come on, Pasidon, CSI is a bit far fetched. It's not really accurate.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Steam

#12 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

How they match weapon types and models with ballistic gels and powder patterns is one of the few things they do well. Reconstructing a man's skull using holograms is not.

#13 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

Even with their most realistic efforts, they're usually pushing it for dramatic effect... or ratings. Don't get me wrong, I love CSI but it's just a bit too unrealistic to be an accurate portrayal of that field.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Steam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users