Photo

game crash deletes 2 most recent saved games

2 replies to this topic

#1 1871

title available

• Project Team
  • 668 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

i know this might be weird, but if anyone could shed some light as to why when the mod crashes i loose the 2 most recent saved games?

I could understand loosing maybe one saved game, but not the second one.

That reasoning is that there is usually at least 30 minutes of game play in between each saved game.

I used to save only once every hour of game play. That made even less sense.

anyways, just curious.

I know the mod is something that has to work on top of the basic game code, so i'm sure there is lots of nuckleheadedness written into that old original game code that you guys are trying to get to work with the beauty of a mod that is 6 yrs in the future from the original stuff.

#2 evilbobthebob

evilbobthebob

evilbobthemapper

• Project Team
  • 2,304 posts
  • Projects:Phoenix Rising Maps
  •  Phoenix Rising Mapping Lead

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

When you say the 2 most recent, are you including the autosave in that? I'm really not sure why you'd lose both, unless the game was overwriting the previous one in the same disk space...

Phoenix Rising, head of mapping. Thanks to everyone who got us to the position below!
Posted Image

#3 1871

title available

• Project Team
  • 668 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

yes i would also loose tht one.

But, i have to say that since i had be just informed on another tech site how to disable that horrible and stupid, in my humble opinion, microsoft program called Dr. Watson.... I've had no problems so far with the mod. Now i have only played it for the past hour, but i've conquered the following systems... rothana. geonosis, tatooine, again, bothani, nal hutta, ord...( i forget it's name... near bothwanni) and the system south of kamino and to the west of rothana. had both space and land battles on all and never had a problem with the mod saving. It even had no problem doing the last known save to quit the game.

I hope i'm not guinxing the game by saying this... Hell, even my Eset antivirus downloaded and installed 2 updates for the AV modules while the mod was playing and THAT never would have happened with the Dr. W> thing working.

Here's hoping that the problem is actually fixed.... :)

I will of course be back with a frown if the dang crash comes back lol

Thanks once again for a fantastical mod :))))

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users