• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Lexx2k

Lexx2k
  • Members
  • 133 posts
  • Projects:BTCOD Mission Pack

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

NOTE: The latest revision of this mission has been includet in my BCD Mission Pack!

Hi Folks, it's me again. :)

I just finished my second mission for Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty, and it has the fancy name "Shakin' Heavy Hands." The title is based on the missions target: To destroy a Karl-Gerät siege mortar, which currently lies in open field, due to engine damage.

Like my first mission, this one was created in around 1 week too. I didn't had to learn the tools this time (though, I had to learn how to prevent certain bugs to appear...), so more time was actually spend on the mission, than trying to figure out how everything works. The new mission is quite a bit bigger than the first one and also a tad harder to beat. Also I'd say the overal quality of this mission is better, but I'll let you guys judge that... (And I did 200% more bug testing, just to be sure.)

The Karl-Gerät 3D model which is used in the map was not made by me. I took it from sketchup.google.com and was unable to find the name of the author. Also, as the model wasn't textured, I had to paint over it by hand (as I really don't know how to use Google's Sketchup properly and porting the 3d model into a different format didn't worked out well). I am not quite happy about how it turned out in the mission, but I'll guess it's better than not having it at all... When it comes to totally new stuff, I am just not a graphic guy.

Installation:
In order to make this mission work, you will have to extract the war_mp.dir content into the games folder. You can use the DirExtractor for that. After the extraction of the files, the war_mp.dir must be renamed to something else.

To install the mission, just run the installer and chose your Commandos: BTCOD (coman_mp) game path. The installer will patch the MISIONES.DAT file in "DATOS\MISIONES\", so that "Panzerzug to Neverland" will always be the first mission to play when you start a new game. If you have finished the mission, the game will continue with the next available mission (usually the main games content).

This mission isn't overwriting any existing files. So if you don't want to play / see it anymore, just run the uninst.exe or open up the MISIONES.DAT file in DATOS\MISIONES\ with a text editor and remove the "[ .FICHEROMISION LEXX0002.MIS .HTIT 3M00 ]" line. Save the file and it's done.

Small nothing-saying teasier screenshot:

screen1.png

Download:
Shakin' Heavy Hands

Any feedback / thoughts / etc. would be pretty nice.

Edited by Lexx2k, 23 March 2014 - 08:10 AM.

#2 Jeroen

Jeroen
  • Members
  • 235 posts
  • Projects:Commandos BEL är bara smörja.

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

I've got it already :-) but will be playing tomorrow. Looks like it has a touch of Menace o/t Leopold, one of my absolute favorites.

#3 Lexx2k

Lexx2k
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

Indeed, it has. I tried hard to make the mission not a copy, though. So it plays quite different.

#4 herbert3000

herbert3000

Guilty Until Proven Innocent

• Division Admins
  • 593 posts
  • Division:Commandos HQ
  • Job:Division Admin

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:41 AM

Just downloaded it too. Looks great!!
Can't wait to play :)

#5 FH Naseer

FH Naseer

fhnaseer

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

looking great, great going, love BCD, it will be more fun if we play it multiplayer,

#6 Lexx2k

Lexx2k
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

I don't think that my missions are very good to play in multiplayer. One of the players probably would always have to wait for the other. Also I've never really played Commandos in mp, so I have no idea how it plays (but I am imagining it as a bit hectic and maybe depressing, as you can't save&load?). Though, if someone wants to make my maps more mp friendly, go for it. I don't mind if anyone wants to use them as base for new stuff too.

On a sidenote, I've uploaded a new version of this mission. Just a few minor sector and offset fixes, nothing dramatical or game changing. I just found some annoying areas and had to fix them (I couldn't sleep with knowing about this :>).

Mission 3 is coming along nicely too. I think it will be the one with the shortest dev time, as it is not very demanding graphic-wise and uses pretty much only snow (it's my last snow map, I promise). In my 4-missions-mini-campaign-idea, this will be the first mission. Not sure yet if I will release it as soon as it's done or if I will do the 4th mission first and release it all in a package then. From a balance / debugging kind of view, the release straight away might be better, but then again, I didn't got much feedback about the other maps, so it might not change a lot. :>

#7 Guest_On Redemption_*

Guest_On Redemption_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:49 AM

Hmm....I don't know why,but It's not working for me,I completed the first mission,then I installed this map,but nothing happens,usually throw me out of the game with a windows error...:S.I just did the same thing as the first mission to run...but it's kinda buggy for me,any help again pls? :)

#8 Lexx2k

Lexx2k
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

Try to deinstall and reinstall it. I have no idea what the problem could be, as it is working for me and so far nobody else said that it doesn't start. If the first mission runs, then this one should too (normally... in theory...)

#9 Guest_On Redemption_*

Guest_On Redemption_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:40 AM

Ok,so I have reinstalled it,both missions,now after I completed the first mission,automaticly come the real first mission(Dying Light)...So I don't know what should I do now:S

#10 Lexx2k

Lexx2k
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:55 AM

Go into /datos/misiones/ and open the file "MISIONES.DAT" with a text editor. In there you should find these two lines:

[ .FICHEROMISION LEXX0002.MIS .HTIT 3M00 ]
		[ .FICHEROMISION LEXX0001.MIS .HTIT 3M00 ]

LEXX0002.MIS - this is Shakin' Heavy Hands
LEXX0001.MIS - this is the Panzerzug mission.

If these entries are there, it is all correctly installed. If one of the entries are missing, copy&paste them manually in and it should work.

Edited by Lexx2k, 12 May 2012 - 11:08 AM.

#11 Guest_On Redemption_*

Guest_On Redemption_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

Yes,there are those lines in it,and in my folder there are these files related to your missions:Lexx_camion,Lexx_Kube,Lexx_Nidomet,Lexx001-.Mis-.Sec-.STR-.Vol,and Lexx002-.Mis-.Sec-.STR-.Vol again,LexxBr001,and 002,Lexxchoq2.Vol..and that's all in my misiones folder...:S

#12 Guest_On Redemption_*

Guest_On Redemption_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

Yes,there are those lines in it,and in my folder there are these files related to your missions:Lexx_camion,Lexx_Kube,Lexx_Nidomet,Lexx001-.Mis-.Sec-.STR-.Vol,and Lexx002-.Mis-.Sec-.STR-.Vol again,LexxBr001,and 002,Lexxchoq2.Vol..and that's all in my misiones folder...:S

#13 Lexx2k

Lexx2k
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:49 AM

If the "[ .FICHEROMISION LEXX0002.MIS .HTIT 3M00 ]"-line is the first entry in the file, then you must start a new game to run it, btw. If you i.e. load a savegame with the Panzerzug mission and finish it, you will of course jump to the next mission in line- which would be the first official one.

Edited by Lexx2k, 12 May 2012 - 11:49 AM.

#14 Guest_On Redemption_*

Guest_On Redemption_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

Strange,If I'm trying to start a new game as you told,nothing happens,I just stay at the main menu,and all the letters,options dissapears,but the background stays,and if I press "Ecs",the whole menu comes avaible,but I cannot start a new game...:S I don't know what's going on here,but it's starting to give me a headache,I really don't know what to do...

#15 Lexx2k

Lexx2k
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

Then I really have no idea. It works for me (I just tried it again) and nobody else reported anything wrong. No clue what the problem could be. :/

The effect you describe makes it look as if something is wrong with the files, but this shouldn't happen if it is correctly installed (which it is, if the entries in the misiones.dat are there).

/Edit: Just in case: You are using Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty and not Behind the Enemy lines? Because it is not compatible with BEL (then again, the first mission is not too).

Edited by Lexx2k, 12 May 2012 - 01:00 PM.

#16 Guest_On Redemption_*

Guest_On Redemption_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:08 PM

Of course,I'm using Beyond The Call Of Duty:S,I'm trying to reinstall the whole game,hope it works!:/

#17 wyel2000

wyel2000
  • Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

hi your mission is good!

can add some code to:

MISIONES.DAT FILE TO ADD:
.DATOSMISIONES
[
  .LISTA
  [
    [ .FICHEROMISION LEXX0001.MIS .HTIT 3M00 ]
    [ .FICHEROMISION LEXX0002.MIS .HTIT 3M01 ]
    [ .FICHEROMISION MAPA0000.MIS .HTIT 3N00 ]
    [ .FICHEROMISION MAPA0005.MIS .HTIT 3N05 ]
    [ .FICHEROMISION MAPA0006.MIS .HTIT 3N06 ]
    [ .FICHEROMISION MAPA0002.MIS .HTIT 3N02 ]
    [ .FICHEROMISION MAPA0001.MIS .HTIT 3N01 ]
    [ .FICHEROMISION MAPA0003.MIS .HTIT 3N03 ]
    [ .FICHEROMISION MAPA0004.MIS .HTIT 3N04 ]
    [ .FICHEROMISION MAPA0007.MIS .HTIT 3N07 ]
  ]
]

GLOBAL.STR FILE TO ADD:
   3M00 Panzerzug to Neverland
   3M01 Shakin' Heavy Hands

Edited by wyel2000, 13 May 2012 - 03:53 AM.

#18 Lexx2k

Lexx2k
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:32 PM

Ah, so that's what the strings are for in the misiones.dat. :D Will adjust / fix it for the next version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users