2 replies to this topic

#1 MusicDude

MusicDude
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:38 AM

Hello guys im new to this modding and what I want to know are these:

1) How to decompile an existing mod?

Reason: I want to edit the unit limit of many units for example (Mammoth Mark II, Cyborg Commando) in the mod Tiberium Essence because I want to create them as many as I want to.
I already know how to extract the .big file, although I dont know how to decompile the files extracted from the mod, like the mod.str, .imp, etc. I want to edit the XMLs because of the unit limit.

2) Where does the .xml file belong to? What file extension is it from?

- I dont know where to get the xml files of the mod and I want to get them because I want to edit the unit limit of unique units.

3) Where to place things?

4) How do I compile it all again into two files (the .big file and the .skudef file)?

Reason of all questions: I want to edit the existing mod, Tiberium Essence.

Any kind of help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by MusicDude, 30 May 2012 - 05:53 AM.

#2 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:56 AM

Long answer: Sorry but technically the process is one way intended only thus why EA provided the source xml files with mod sdk instead of fans decompiling them from the game to mod it...

In any case, should such tool exist/be developed, it would not be exactly same as original xml fed to it and even if you got the decompiled xmls out, you would have to compile a mod yourself to apply the changes
in this case, build a patch upon the top of the source mod and compiled mod is essentially a data stream instead of entirely individual files like source files inserted and xml especially is turned to datastream for fast load by the game.

Short answer: not meant to be modded that way, best bet is to hope the mod developer provides source xmls and some who tried this patching idea without source xml already were faced with crashes due to complexity involved so nope C&C3+ are not like old C&C games regards modding.
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#3 Guest_unknown_*

Guest_unknown_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:50 AM

How to remove ur mod fro my game?
:flame: :flame: :flame:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users