AI economy.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Linglin

Linglin
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:17 PM

Feedback:AI's money is almost infinite,510 thousands at start when I use a tool called YRCountries,about 30 minutes later I saw AI owns almost 3.5 billion.I think you should turn off the cheat INI on these fake production buildings.
supply truck's unload also is too much for AI

#2 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

In normal RA2 the AI regularly grinds to a halt after awhile simply because they run out of money, most mods fix this by making them cheat to get more.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Linglin

Linglin
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:47 AM

But it still to much for AI,and I don't think to make cheat INI for these fake production building is good,that's too fast and unblanced,and i think AIVirtualPurifiers set to 24~32 is enough,also you can set some AI setting for each map to let AI Build more trucks and supply deports instead of cheating too much(Building a base near a sources of supply,3~5 trucks is enough for me,so......),beacuse it is fully applicable to D-DAY's supply system

I think you should let AI build more fake factory because such a expensive tank(whatever it is)cause the building is slowdown a lot.I always build 5 to make the production faster

Edited by Linglin, 09 June 2012 - 06:51 AM.

#4 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

The AI needs extra money via an alternative source to be effective in a long game, the amount they have isn't important just the fact that they have enough is.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 LEGO

LEGO

title available

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:04 PM

I think Linglin may have a point:
If AI's money is just a little more than enough, you can try weaken it by blow up its economy.
If AI has far more than enough, then it makes no sense to blow its trucks/or so, leave the player less choices.

#6 Linglin

Linglin
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:00 PM

LEGO you said is truth,this is what I want.

#7 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:58 PM

I'll lessen the amount of credits they get but the AI still needs to cheat to play effectively.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:02 AM

Yes, the AI system is far too crude to spend its credits as intelligently as the player would. Typically Easy mode difficulty is done minor or no boosts to the AI so it plays with same as player but AI runs dry quick and won't do any attacks making it sitting duck to die. Reality is, the AI system is mindless spender and any intelligent action you "see" is all random scripting which works by throw a dice system and pick an team to make and attack certain way. Typical scenarios are that AI either goes too many power plants/defenses and leaves little to none for making attack teams and one you push few teams off, AI is teethless or alternatively it focuses majorly on units and ignores making stationery defenses, runs dry and its base is eventually again easy beat once you beat its waves of attacks as AI also lacks any good handling for stockpiling a army for one major push as any such big team scripting would have AI crowd block its base and fail to do much.

What you are asking is effectively making AI suck and frankly Mig should only adjust this via the difficulties, if you want say no cheating AI, you pick easy AI, beyond that the amount of cheating inceases for higher difficulties, its the only way difficulties even work as reality is, Westwood was too lazy/rushing game development to make truly intelligent AI by its basic roots so not much to be done by modders here but then this AI cheating scenario applies to majority of RTS games.
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#9 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:16 PM

RA2 AI is downgraded TS AI which is based off RA1 AI ...

Its heavily scripted and based upon conditions with very poor pathfinding routines.

Also as Apollo said 99% of RTS games developed in 90's - 2000 rely on these modifier mechanics.

Also telling AI to build more supply and truck is a very bad idea because

Structure is big taking up all build space
AI has poor pathfinding for refinery

The AI benefits most from cloning factory and more money so human playing essentially has to survive waves like a tower defence game

If you want smart AI - play online vs another player

Edited by Allied General, 16 June 2012 - 12:17 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users