D-Day memorial

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Natus

Natus

i maid a telescope with my smarties toob

• Project Team
  • 2,005 posts
  • Projects:Ex mapper, GCII Fanatic and sound tech.
  •  "Go fudge yourself you smarmy overly-camp handsome barstard" - Neil Faz

Posted 05 June 2004 - 03:22 PM

This is a simple thread remembering those who gave their lives 60 years ago on D-Day. This is for those died fighting to secure Juno, Sword, Omaha, Gold and Utah. British, American and Canadian troops died, together, for freedom. A sacrifice that shall never be forgotten. If you have any words of rememberance for them, please say here.

Thank you.
Natus 3.4

Corrupt program now requires constant reboots and does not function at all in majority of instances. Designed with a web browser component to replace AOL, it has exceeded our expectations by being more crashy and unreliable and with worse tech support. We didn't think it was physically possible! A general product recall is advised; when it does function it seems to require background processes Girl 0.1Beta to stave off further crashes. Will someone PLEASE remove that code, and insert Backbone 1.9 in its place? That's assuming we even bother to continue this prog.

#2 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 05 June 2004 - 03:36 PM

Considering my great grandfather died in d-day I always have something to say about this. All these guys were heros. Even the ones that died. They fought for the freedom of countries and also to free the countries already conquered (e.g. France, althought they surrendered at the first site of the sastika). The British, American and Canadian troops that died that day will never be forgotten, as well as the troops still alive today. God bless their souls.

#3 Tesla

Tesla
  • New Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 03:46 PM

Yes their work was truely great work for all of us,I can't even think world as A nazi world.God bless them

#4 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 05 June 2004 - 04:10 PM

I'm forever and eternally grateful for what they did to preserve our freedom. It is a great dishonour to them that we have less of the freedoms they fought for.

But this is not a political debate. This is remembrance. And they should be remembered with all the respect, admiration and pride that they deserve.

#5 Natus

Natus

i maid a telescope with my smarties toob

• Project Team
  • 2,005 posts
  • Projects:Ex mapper, GCII Fanatic and sound tech.
  •  "Go fudge yourself you smarmy overly-camp handsome barstard" - Neil Faz

Posted 06 June 2004 - 09:50 AM

Praise be the dead, praise be the fallen, their sacrifice for our futures shall not be forgotten. Through the echos of time, the dead shall not be fogotten. Hold what you have now dear, for their lives were its cost. Only through their blood, our world today is free.
Natus 3.4

Corrupt program now requires constant reboots and does not function at all in majority of instances. Designed with a web browser component to replace AOL, it has exceeded our expectations by being more crashy and unreliable and with worse tech support. We didn't think it was physically possible! A general product recall is advised; when it does function it seems to require background processes Girl 0.1Beta to stave off further crashes. Will someone PLEASE remove that code, and insert Backbone 1.9 in its place? That's assuming we even bother to continue this prog.

#6 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 06 June 2004 - 09:57 AM

It's just a shame that everyone remebers those who fought for our freedom. Ignorance seems to be sweeping across the globe like a virus, but i shall not be one of those.

It is nice to see even people who like to kill in games can set aside a thought for D-Day.

Bless those who laid down their lives and bless you all for remembering.

Xeno

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users